“Very Nice Stay”

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed October 12, 2007

My sister and I stayed at the Avi for an extended weekend earlier this month. We found the property very nice, the food excellent, and the amenties terrific. The people were very nice as well - from the front desk to the dealers and the wait staff. The casino is a little smaller than most of the others in Laughlin and we found it more smoky - but we expect that when we go to a casino - unlike some other commentors. We would suggest that they expand their non-smoking area quite a bit from their current tiny 20 or so machines. The beach and pool are wonderful, the buffet and restaurants all terrific. Having the food court with Panda Express, Subway and Pizza, along with the theatre was great too. The view from the Harvest Buffet is really pretty. We appreciated the free inroom safe too. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank bbk1
There are newer reviews for Avi Resort & Casino

Reviewed September 15, 2007

The Avi Hotel and Casino is simply the best hotel I have ever stayed at for the price...$35. I've stayed in far more expensive properties that have been significantly worse.

The hotel itself was clean, quiet, and the staff was friendly and responsive. The room was spacious (I recomend the rooms that overlook the pool), comfortable and above all (and perhaps most importantly) clean.

Of course this is not the perfect hotel...some of the downsides: the hotel is located about 15 minutes from the other hotels in Laughlin which makes it difficult to stroll from hotel to hotel; basically you can't. The buffet was reasonable, about 8 dollars for the breakfast with lots of choices including made to order omlets and eggs however after I arrived late the only meal I could get aside from the all night coffee shop and room service was the last remenants of the food from panda express.

Finally and perhaps personally the towels were rough, not soft and the elevators were super slow.

However if distance is not an issue for you (or rough towels and/or slow elevators) it simply is the best, bar none, value in Laughlin. I will certainly stay there every time I visit Laughlin.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank NativeCat
Reviewed September 11, 2007

Okay, where to start... I have mixed feeling about this property. I've stayed twice and although the hotel is fine... I'd probably not stay again. (I'm thinking it's worth the extra money to stay at Harrah's)

On this trip, I was placed into their more "upscale" beach tower, now I've stayed in the older section before and HONESTLY, there is NO difference, with the exception the old section is actually as nice and cheaper.

I believe this hotel is a three star property and it's all that. Seemed clean, comfortable, no issues with housekeeping, the front desk people were fine... everything is great... Beautiful swimming pool!! Then you walk into the casino. (love the older lady at the buffet... cashier... very sweet and welcoming.) And it goes downhill from there. Not only is the casino ugly, it's filled with smoke. (I mean seriously, would you stay in a building filled with smoke??? At times, it looked like the place was on fire) (I kid you not, would be funny if not so serious to ones health!)

I REFUSE to take my children to this property. It is almost impossible for your children to stay here and not be exposed to the incredible amount of smoking. The smoke is truly not to be believed. And the rudeness of the smokers. Truly shocking. How many times must people be told, that second hand smoke is killing people. (this is NOT a theory... it is a proven FACT!) PEOPLE are DYING and yet.... I don't know... it's about education and sadly some are so STUPID, they'll never figure it out.

I made mention at the security desk, and this women with long blond hair had the nerve to say... Well, I had said... You know, second hand smoke kills... how is it possible people are allowed to smoke like they do in there?? And she say " well, there are other things that will kill you too." ( I know, how stupid??? I mean, I am talking about inside their building!!!!! Or was she trying to tell me there were other things within that building that could kill you???) Either way, it was a very odd conversation.

I refuse to stay at a property in which the casino owners have NO concern for the health of their guest or their employees. Because, seriously... let's face it... SECOND HAND SMOKE KILLS... and if the casino does nothing about it... well, then I guess that says it all right there.

I just read that 5 Harrahs owned properties are going to no smoking. (BRAVO Harrahs) YEAH.... now that makes since... and will stay at Harrah's properties for that reason alone. (just read that today online... they're starting with their Atlantic City casinos first, but while in Laughlin, I noticed they had a great smoke free casino there.... and yes, Avi does too... if you consider 20 machines by the buffet a smoke free area.) Yeah, I know.... too stupid for me. Yeah, the hotel is nice... but that Casino is a health risk. Oh and lastly... the newer "beach" tower is lovely enough... don't get me wrong... but how is it humanly possible to build a newer "tower" with ONE... yes, ONE elevator for hotel guest. Very odd and people talk about it almost everytime I was in the elevator. (I'm guessing there are about 10 floors with 25 rooms per floor and ONE passenger elevator and one freight) Oh, on another note... I was watching the cleaning crew cleaning the elevator... wow!!! I they were cleaning that elevator like their very job depended on it. (yes, the elevator is clean... :0)

I really hate to knock this property, because it is more then obvious the employess from the front desk management to the people cleaning the elevators... they take great pride in this property... if they took as much pride in regards to the health of their employess and guest it would be PERFECT!!! And that remark the security lady made in regards to other things that could kill one, just seemed so odd... as if hearing that second hand smoke could put someone at risk was a new theory. (really really odd) Probably a nice lady... but not the brightest bulb in the room, if you know what I mean. (although, there was another guy standing with her and he knew exactly what I was talking about.)

Some might say... it's a casino... what do you expect. Well personally, I have EVERY EXPECTATION that my health and well being with be respected regardless to where I am. Seriously... wouldn't you??? I saw children near the being exposed to the smoke and it really bothered me... I mean it's really really bad. I don't know... I guess it's about being more educated to what second hand smoke does to people. (google second hand smoke... it's really alarming and yet ... well, I could go on all day.) If you're a smoker... this is your place. Oh and lastly... I just thought of something. One night I returned to the room and it smelled like someone had recently been in the room, because I could smell the scent of smoke, which I had not smelled earlier in the room... then in dawned on me... the smell was ME... the smoke had left it's scent all over my clothing... YUCK!!!

I'm normally not such a primadona... but for gosh sakes... clean up that casino and do something about that smoking... it is ruining a potentially fine property. And truely... If you ended the smoking there, you would probably have MORE guest and revenue. (really a no brainer)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NYC1945
Reviewed September 11, 2007

What a great weekend my husband, myself and some friends had this past weekend @ the Avi Resort. Loved the private beach with the palapas...get an early start to be sure you get some shade!
We stayed in the beach tower which is near the food court (Panda Express, Subway and Sbarra) and near the entrance to the movie theater which was cool! Our room had a pool and river view and was nicley decorated. Pillows were flat - only bummer! We requested a fridge (extra $10 a night) but needed it for our drinks and snacks.
The buffet @ the Native Harvest Buffet was VERY reasonably priced as well as good!! We dined @ the Moonshadow Grille the last evening, wonderful - food was excellent! A bit fancy - guys can't wear sleeveless shirts (business casual would be fine). Service throughout the entire resort from valet parking to house keeping was fantastic! They were professional and very courteous. The Whispers lounge was totally FUN! Very casual to hang out and have a few drinks....beware, the chairs are so comfy you won't leave!!
Great atmosphere for the whole family or for married couples (like us) without children - everyone was having fun. Hallways were quiet at night nobody got out of control.
Tan before you go so that you don't get sunburned. Thank god we never burned. Hot but dry heat unlike the humidity lately in San Diego.
Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fishintuesday
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed at the Avi for three nights (Thur, Fri. Sat and left on Sun). Our room was fine, the coffee maker did suck but who really wants coffee when it's 110 deg. outside. The A/C in our room just blasted and it felt good after being in the sun down at the Lagoon all day. We rented jet ski's at a reasonable rate, Sat. they had a two hrs min. but the girl worked with us and we were able to rent for one hour. They had Subway, Sharro Pizza, Panda Express, 3 diners and a Itailian rest. that was great. A movie theater with the lasted movies. Best of all they sell fireworks and let you light them off in this huge field, and for a 13 yrs old that was all he needed. WE LOVE THIS PLACE. I'm trying to make reservations for next year.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank bjj331
Reviewed August 1, 2007

This is the worst my family and I ever experienced staying in a hotel. From manager to front clerks are all unprofessional and rude. Rooms and the entirety of the hotel is filthy. Rate is not bad but, you'll get what you paid for. This hotel and it's workers don't know the meaning of customer service at all. Will never stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank emro1205
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Not a bad place. Seemed like a big hangout for the locals. Food was ok, but nothing to write home about.

We got a "high end room" that wasn't anything overly special.

The whole area, or valley had a weird feel to us.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RandBSpokane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!