“Golfing in the Sun”

Mojave Resort Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole, par 72 golf course offers wide fairways and four sets of tees, which allows golfers to choose their own level of challenge.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Mojave Valley Golf Club is associated with the Avi Resort south of Laughlin, NV. Well kept and attractive course. Above average difficulty and lots of water hazards.

1  Thank John N
in 6 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Less target golf than the other courses out there. The fairways were in great shape but the greens were pretty slow.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I`m not surprised to learn it`s no. 6 in the state of Nv. It is a beautiful challanging course!!If you`re a "local" you can save a lot of $$ how do you become a local-go to the Drivers License beaure and if you`re over 65 they`re free under they used to be 10 bucks not sure now-but if you`re going to spend any time in Laughlin it`s a good investment of time as there`s a lot of value at different places with the "local" IDs.I took lessons here he was a good instructor.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

5 days we were in Mojave Valley, wind was gusting. First 4 days, wind was gusting 35 to 50 mph. The final day was more tolerable at 10 to 20 mph. According to the locals, weather here, being in the valley, is generally windy. Wind makes the course extremely challenging. Wind is in play every hole. It took me 3 rounds before I felt familiar and comfortable playing this course. Fairways and greens are in great shape, reminded me of courses in Minnesota, well watered and lots of bunkers and water hazards. The views of western mountains are awesome. This course will be on my must play course if I ever go back to Laughlin/Bullhead.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Found a great holiday deal at a course we had never played, so we booked a tee time for 4 with a very nice pro on the phone. Got there and things went down hill from there, every single one of us ran into an extremely rude employee (at different times) through out the day. I went into the bar/snack bar to purchase extra waters, I am on medications that make me drink lots. The rude man behind the counter obviously was unhappy he has to work at his advanced age because he acted disgusted I asked to purchase 4 waters. He said "I give you a little hint, there are 2 bottles of water in the coolers of the cart". I said "ok then I'll buy 2", with a roll of the eyes on his part he said "I'll give you another hint, there are water station and you can just fill the empty bottles on the course (no wonder this course has trouble generating money). I then walked away. I don't like most water stations because the coolers are filled with hose water and have taste, maybe I'm too picky but dammit if I want to buy water, let me buy water Since we were delayed due to sheer volume of golfers I decided to get the included lunch, after picking up the cheese burger at the outside BBQ I was sent back to my friend that wouldn't sell me water for the drink and chips, I ended up not even playing after being told I should be drinking "diet pepsi" instead of regular, being a woman I took offense until I took a good look at the source it was coming from. We were told by an employee they had this "great deal" to generate business, well i can tell you if the staff was not running patrons off they might not have to do this and have volume over quality golf experience. My husband and I play all over this wonderful planet and could not believe how it all played out once we started comparing notes the next morning over breakfast. We were denied our key to the cart until the exact moment we were allowed to tee off (20 minutes past our tee time) like we were little kids, we now know this allows for someone to pillage the carts while you "walk" over to the driving range away from and out of site of your equipment. Our Skycaddie SGXw was stolen out of the cart so beware of the "good deal" for golf at Mojave Resort Laughlin/Bullhead area, may cost you more in the long run once you get ripped off! There are much better places to spend you money on greens fees, plus the other courses in the area have paved cart paths unlike the partials at Mojave AND much friendlier staff! Since we have a home in Bullhead we will be golfing in the area but NEVER again at Mohave Resort, plus all our guest and anyone else we can save from having a bad experience we will. I have had courses we didn't much care for in the past but just didn't returned, I have never resorted to this type of forum, but feel it is warranted in this instance.

4  Thank LisaShawKona_HI