“Vacation Getaway”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, United States
“Vacation Getaway”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very good experience. Rooms were very comfortable and staff helpful and polite and genuinely care about the guest. All indicative of an Embassy Suites. Great location only a short distance from the Vegas strip and right across from UNLV.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good bed, good food, need help with the snacks at happy. The drinks kept us at the hotel for happy hour and had a wonderful conversation with a fam from Australia. A little loud in the middle of the night with slamming doors but, seemed to settle down after at bit. Not a crazy place just a place to settle after work and a good night sleep.

Room Tip: End of hall to the west is good view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the review and your comments.
We hope to see you back again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Unfortunately due to Trip Advisor regulations I have had to wait 3 months before doing another review on this hotel - hopefully my problem is a one off and no-one else has been caught out like me. On the 15th May 2013 I gave Embassy Suites Las Vegas & it's staff a glowing review and I meant every word, however events that have occurred in the months since then with regards to their back office/admin operations has me greatly concerned. We had charges go onto our credit card 3 weeks after we had checked out and had already left the U.S. I have phoned & sent numerous emails to Embassy Suites requesting verification of these charges & copies of the relevant invoices. At the time of sending this review the only response I received from this organisation is a copy of the invoice that we paid on checkout and which is not in dispute. I can only assume that they hoped if they ignored me I would go away. Whilst the amounts were not big (approx AU$250), the very fact that they were on my account at all and no-one from Embassy Suites, or Hilton for that matter, could be bothered to explain it to me is a huge concern. I even tried sending an enquiry to Michael V who responds to the Trip Advisor reviews all to no avail. So while we had a wonderful time on our holiday these events have us seriously questioning whether we or our family & friends would ever consider staying in a hotel that is part of the Hilton chain & if we have to, it will be strictly cash only from now on, we wont be paying by credit card that is for sure!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SydNette
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that there is a billing issue that can't seem to get resolved.
As you noted, I do respond to all reviews, but I am sorry if I missed an email from you regarding your billing.
We will be happy to assist you in resolving your billing issue.
Vancouver, Afghanistan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a fairly pleasant experience while staying at the hotel. Breakfast and nightly reception were good. We did not use the pool. The business centre was convenient but could not get the printer to work. On the last day, we had our luggage stored after checking out, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the review and for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate your business.
I will look into the business center printing issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Orem, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Grandparents, mom and dad, and grandchildren enjoyed a good time at Embassy Suites where all ages were satisfied. It is close to the Las Vegas strip, clean and well distributed facility. It is quite eventhough it is close to the airport. We staged in the 6th floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled that everyone enjoyed their stay. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas.
Anywhere, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The room stunk of cigarette smoke. I don’t know if I was placed next to a smoking room and it was coming through the vents but when I first got there the room was filled with cigarette smoke smell and when I went to the bathroom that is where the smell was the strongest. When I arrived the front desk attendant was plesent and helpful when I checked out he was a total opposite in his attitude.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the review and sharing your comments. I do apologize for the smoking smell in your room. We will certainly investigate to find the source where it was coming from.
I am also sorry that you experienced two different aspects of front desk service, I will share your comments with the team, so that we can make improvements in the level of service we provide.
St Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very pretty atrium and lobby. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool. It was comfortable and spacious. Very quiet. The made to order breakfast each morning is wonderful. Whatever you like is there. The pool area is nice and there was a lifeguard on duty all day. We liked the 5:30 reception (free drinks) but don't expect much in the way of appetizers. Still, free drinks!
The shuttle service was iffy. Note: It does not run between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Twice it was late. Once, the front desk even paid for our cab ride so we didn't miss a reservation. Derek and Saundra at the front desk staff were fabulous - very professional.
Cannot say the same about housekeeping. We arrived on a Sunday. They cleaned our room on Monday (we tipped $10 that day) and never saw them again. On Wednesday, I went down to front desk and asked for soap, shampoo and fresh towels, which they supplied immediately.
All in all, a nice hotel. If the shuttle service ran more frequently to the Strip, it would be perfect.

Room Tip: We had room 525 (fifth floor) and it was perfect. Near the elevator but away from any lobby noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the review and for all of your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your shuttle and housekeeping comments with the staff and make sure that we can improve in these areas/
We appreciate your business and hope to see you back.