“So Nice!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Dora, Florida
“So Nice!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The crew here is really well trained and equipped to help you with answers to just about anything. Staff is five stars. Facility is typical ES well taken care of. What you should know: Taxis in Vegas are really expensive. Plan on 15 to 20 dollars to go anywhere. DRIVERS PRETEND THEY DO NOT HAVE CHANGE FOR TWENTIES. Make sure you have fives and singles in your wallet. We stayed about a week, the average taxi fare was $14.00. You hand over a twenty and the drive says thankl you, No, you want change. That's when they tell you they don't have any. More than half of our taxi rides we ran into this. Be prepared. Facility is directly across the street from UNLV, but don't trust maps of the strip....it is a long haul by foot, so take the hotel hourly shuttle or get your cash ready for the cabbies.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the airport.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear joelwildman: thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. Sorry you had so much trouble with the Vegas taxis but glad you found our Staff "Five Stars"

Hope to see you back with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When I go up to Vegas to work I love staying here because I do not like casinos or smokers (ya i know it is everywhere in Vegas) this place is about a mile and a half east of the strip and there is no casino so that is a big plus for me.

The cook to order breakfast is the best one i have had in any Embassy Suites.

I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RyanPHX
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2012

my family and I stayed here and loved it because with small children we did not want to be ON the strip..but it was very close..shuttle was pretty accomodating when we needed a ride to the strip. Some of the drivers and front desk people better than others about the shuttle. My son LOVED the fish and swan in the lobby. He talks about Las Vegas EVERY DAY..asking when can we go back (he is 2.5 yrs old)! Food was actually really good..(they have a lot of competition in Vegas though.) Definitely we plan on staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Spent a couple nights here while attending a training class. The staff let us check in early which was great. The rooms are very large and have a decent size refrigerator and a microwave. They are a little out dated, but they are clean and comfortable.

The biggest plus is a free breakfast where you walk up and tell the cook what you want. Pretty much everything you want is available. There are restaurants, a pharmacy, and casinos within walking distances.

The only real issue I had was they still charge for Internet access.

Other then that this is a nice hotel at a good price.

Stayed November 2012
2 Thank 23Flipflops
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
23Flipflops, thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much. As far as complimentary internet-many of our packages include free internet. Please come back with us and go to Special Offers on our website to find the Las Vegas hotel package perfect for you.

Thanks again.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ricky at FD was very attentive to my needs. Helped me with maps and showed me around.
Housekeeping were very helpfyul, they helped me by looking into the room for my house keys. They return my call and advice to search my bags twice...i was at the stateline and worried that i might have to go back to hotel. I found my keys. Great Stay and great job by Staff that cared!
I hightly recommend hotel! The buffet is a Hit! and the service staff was very attentive. The bar was great...happy hour (managers reception) is a great idea to socialize with friends. I had dinner once and it was delicious. Staff was super friendly and accomodating. Great job! We also used pool and it was nice and clean.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators. Strip view are nice too!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. Also thanks for recognizing the great customer service from one of our Associates: Ricky.
Also glad you found your keys!

Hope to see you next time your travels take you to Las Vegas.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This Embassy Suites is just like all other Embassy Suites, except it is located in Las Vegas. Being a Hilton Gold member I received two bottles of water and snack corn chips upon arrival.

Again the suite room was pretty standard with two 37-inch HDTV flat screens in the bedroom and living room. My only complaint here was being 6 foot 2 inches tall the bathroom mirror was not high enough for my practical use. I had to bend over to see my face in the mirror. See my photo for reference.

Other than that minor complaint I will plan to continue to stay at Embassy Suites.

Another nice feature of the hotel was complimentary shuttle service to the airport, the strip and pretty much any where along the way.

Also their complimentary breakfast service was extremely accommodating in terms of eggs cooked any style with lots of bacon, sausage and hash brown potatoes.

Like many other hotels, which use to deliver either USA Today or the local daily newspapers to each room daily, this hotel keeps a stack of newspapers in the lobby so if you want to read the newspaper you just have to pick it up from the lobby as I did on my way out to the airport in the early morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tony J
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Really lived this hotel. The staff are totally awesom, from the front desk ( Jason, Sandy and Phil) to the bartenders (Day in particular), the kitchen and restaurant staff and the shuttle drivers. Would have given you a 5 star had the shuttle service hours Been better, but we were lucky. We went to church on All Saints day and the shuttle driver dropped us on the way to the strip. I needed to go to the airport around noon and again there were about 5 of us wanting this time, so the shuttle driver picked us up after his 11:30am trip to the strip. I still feel that your shuttle hours to the strip need to be expand. Pool and hot tub were great. Close to the Hard Rock but we were not impressed with the Hard Rock Casino We ate in the restaurant two nights for dinner and everything was very good. I have been ill recently and still was not up to myself. I have a smaller appetite and was allowed to purchase a child's mreal. This was really great for me, although still not able to eat all of it. The coks in the moring were very pleasant and funny. The breakfast had everything imaginabe. Omletttes should be cooked on the grill however and not in pans. Will definitely stay here on my next visit. Try to get to Vegas at least once a year. Rooms are clean and more than adequate. Even the sofa bed was unusually comfortable. Thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. There are a few business suites that have a conference table for meetings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hilda102320
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Hilda, thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive account of your recent stay at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate your recognizing our staff members. (we think they are pretty great too).

Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Thank you.