“Great off-Strip hotel that's not a casino.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel's a great location with a lot of benefit. 60 meters east is the UNLV running track or all those great sidewalks if you prefer. Want a casino? Go 70 meters west or about a block north for either the Hard Rock or Terribles. Restuarants? Orgin India, Johnny Rockets, or Hofbrauhaus just to the south. Go north a block or so and there's everything from PF Changs, Firefly, the Brewery, steakhouses, Japanese, Carribean, Morrocan, and Brazilian to name a few. There's a gentleman's club and an atomic museum nearby. The Strips less than a mile walk. Like I said, great place!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kim T
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear KimThomas: thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We find a lot of guests prefer us because of our location. We are near enough to the Strip , as you noted, but also near a lot of fun and interesting activities, restaurants etc.

Hope you have the chance to come back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Staff is wonderful at this hotel....from the front desk to the shuttle driver to the people staffing the restaurant/breakfast area. Absolutely wonderful.....they all deserve to be working in a hotel that has been updated and has more pleasant surroundings!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mizz0um0m
LVManager, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has an incredible stay and it is great to hear that you experienced just that. Your feedback regarding the condition of our guest rooms will definitely be taken into consideration as we work to provide the best environment for both our guests and staff. We hope you will return the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night there. We were greeted pleasantly and able to get our key quickly. The room was a typical Embassy Suites room which we really enjoy! Large living room, spacious bathroom and separate bedroom! The room had large flat screen tvs! The breakfast was well done as we have come to expect from Embassy Suites! I enjoyed over-easy eggs and hash browns! The hotel is a few blocks off the strip close enough to see the Eiffel Tower out our window. Very close to the Hard Rock Hotel. Easy to find from the highway. Parking is free! Overall a great stay and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Travelgirlslife
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Mmbecker, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We appreciat you found our location and our value worthwhile.

We especially appreciate you plan to come back. We look forward to it!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The best thing about this place is the staff at the Checkin… wonderful people, very pleasant and very helpful folks. The taxi service is great and the driver was very courteous. I had one of the bigger rooms on the top floor. Well maintained. I had a very positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank A I
Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we arrive at the check-in time the room was not ready and we had to wait for an hour. The rooms are clean and functional, but quite basic. I stayed here for 4 nights and had to ask for my room to be serviced at 15:00 on two of the days. The bar is rather strange as it only opens from 16:00 to 22:00 during each day. which is not much use if you want a cold beer whilst sitting round the pool. The pool and pool area are not very exotic and the pool was not the cleanest that I have ever seen. The breakfast was very good and the managers drinks each evening were a great way of socializing. The atrium area is very nice and the staff were all helpful and polite. The shuttle to the strip runs every hour but it finishes at 19:30 but it only costs around $10-15 for a taxi. Summary - I feel that you get exactly what you pay for in this hotel and overall it is quite good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin S
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I just spent three nights at this hotel. The first room I was given did not have a TV in the bedroom. I was quickly given a room with a TV. The rooms, while clean don't appear to have been updated in recent history. The tub in the second room would not drain properly, I mentioned this to the front desk who stated it would be handled immediately. I received a knock on my door, thinking it was a guy to check the plumbing. No, the guy said he was told my room was vacant and was there to take the coffee table to another room. The situation with the poor drainage was never resolved. I also noticed sewer smelling water was backing up into the sink. I immediately went to the front desk to request another room. I stay in hotels about 150 nights per year and this is the first time I have ever run across such a poorly run hotel of this class.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill C
LVManager, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while in Las Vegas. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from our brand. We apologize for the plumbing issues you encountered and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance to show you the quality stay you deserve if you return to the area.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Checkin was uneventful. Arriving at my room I was surprised to find no TV in the bedroom. Since there was a remote, I tried to call the front desk. After 7 unanswered calls, someone answered and I was told TVs were on order. If you get a suite for $179, you expect TVs in each room - one for kids and one for parents! Rooms on strip are $100 for comparable room.

Breakfast was a flop as well. Egg cook was surly. Fresh fruit was some well picked over melon with no strawberries or blueberries in sight. Hilton Garden Inn has better - for less.

The pool area is another problem. Apparently, it is also the smoking area. The butt can is right by the door along with the towels. I find this really offensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with all the furniture and two TVs - you shouldn't have to, but at this hotel, yo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim-and-LouAnn

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure comfort and cleanliness are our first priority. I understand your frustration in our lack of in-room televisions; we are in the process of upgrading our TVs and will have the new ones in shortly. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your comments on our breakfast selection and pool area policies in mind as we continually work to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Thank you again for making me aware of your concerns.