Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway
Ranked #205 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

First off the Smell in the Room was horrendous and smelled musty and like cigarette smoke. The smell in the room aggravated my asthma and made it hard to breathe.
Second, I went to flush the toilet for the first time and it backed up. The hotel staff at front desk came to try to plunge the toilet and it kept overflowing the more she plunged, I Had to tell the staff to Turn the water valve off to stop the water because she did not know. They should of sent out maintenance but instead the check in clerk came to the room to plunge it. They did not mop the floor with cleaner after it flooded over they just cleaned up the water.
Then we came back from our dinner and went to bed. We itched all night and did not know why. We did our check out in the morning and left. Later on we both discovered bug bites on myself and my fiancee from being under the covers of the bed. The room had old carpet , the coffee table was broken and wobbly. The room was so muggy and smelly. The fan that they had in the wall to help move the air conditioning air was all dusty and dirty. I have never stayed at a place so bad before in my life.

I asked if we could get another room when we got back from dinner and they told us no because the hotel was booked. I then asked if I could get a refund and they refused the refund because we had been checked in the room. We were only there for only 1 1/2 hours before we went to dinner . I Paid Cash for my Visit and was very upset that they would not refund my money so I could go somewhere else. I felt forced to stay there or loose my money. I was so upset about it that I ended up at the Valley Hospital later that night from an Anxiety attack caused by this hotel stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel period.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank martha f
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Martha - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors, maintenance issues and level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, lvb@extendedstay.com.

Again thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

At first glance I had no problems. The outside of the property looked really nice, so I thought the inside would be the same. The room was FILTHY! I am not a neat freak by any means, but the place was disgusting. There were hairs on our sheets. The bathtub was half full of dirty water. The bathroom sink had toothpaste dried all over it. There was animal urine all over the carpets. There were dirty black hand prints on the white kitchen cabinets. We couldn't use any of the dishes because they were all dirty. There were no sheets or pillows for the hide-a-bed. We asked the front desk for some and they told us they didn't provide those. The chandelier in the room was COVERED in dust. Seriously it must not have been cleaned in at least a couple years. I took my daughter to the pool so she could go swimming, while my husband figured out another place to stay.. But the pool couldn't be used because it was full of garbage bags and newspapers. It's in a horrible neighborhood. My husband was harassed by a "pimp" trying to sell his girls. The final straw was when I seen a cockroach crawl across my 1 year old. I called the office to tell them what was going on and they were extremely rude. (When I first checked in I paid cash for 2 days. It was $286 with tax for both nights.) They refused to come clean anything or refund my money. I waited until the next day when i was told the manager would be in and went back to speak with the her. Her name was Leslie Ann. She was extremely rude. She called me a liar and said the room was completely clean. I asked her to come look at the room to see and she flat out refused, saying her housekeepers cleaned it. I even tried to show her a picture of the cockroach I took with my phone and she refused to look at it. I ended up calling the health department to let them know about the dirtiness. I'm also trying to get in touch with corporate to let them know. Horrible Horrible place with AWFUL customer service. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank melinda m
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to our standards. I discussed your comments with our staff, and we will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at lvb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Room smelled like something had died in it. Febreeze didn't work on it. The air conditioner had a death rattle going on. parking lot is hard to maneuver through. Not a good place to take your children.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank chelleycan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very sorry for the smell in your room and that the A/C did not work properly. In response, our housekeeping staff is working to the eliminate the odor and our maintenance staff has repaired the A/C. We will also be looking for ways to enhance our offerings moving forward so that these issues are not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at lvb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

There is NO MAID SERVICE unless you stay for more than seven days. And then you only get service once a week. We stayed 5 days. They do not tell you this before you book. When we got there in the first few minutes of walking into the room we found that the frame for the bed was installed backwards therefore the frame stuck out over six in just waiting for an ankle to hurt. The lamp next to the bed on the wall was broken and hanging there by the wires. The kitchen sink was plugged. The freezer worked but the refrigerator did not. The remote for the TV did not work. So I went to the phone to call to the front desk to let them know but the phone did not work so I had to go down to the front desk to let them know. When I went to take a shower there was only 1 bath towel which was used by my partner so I had to dry off with a hand towel. To get clean towels or linens you have to take your dirty ones down to the front desk to exchange for clean. Then you have to go back and put the sheets on yourself. Just what I wanted to do on vacation. The maid tried to enter while we were there. We told her we were leaving in a few minutes. We looked at each other and said wow I guess we are getting maid service after all. But when we returned hours later nothing was done. I went to the front desk (because I could not cal) and asked what business their maid had coming into our room if she was not going to service the room. They did not have an answer for me. Nothing was missing but you see my point. Any trash we had we had to take down to the dumpster. The carpets were stained and dirty. The final straw was when I had to go to the front desk to get toilet paper. The water in the bathroom sink and shower were reversed, the hot was the cold and the cold was the hot. I found that out when I was in the shower. There was no dresser or anything to put your suit case on so you had to leave everything in your suit case because putting anything on the rug was out of the question because it was so dirty. When I complained the gal at the front desk told me she did not like my attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mary m
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that service and amenities were not to your liking, we clearly failed in providing you a clean comfortable room. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being retrained.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at lvb@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see

Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you have young children stay away from this meth house. We had to cover the couch in towels because it was sticky,I just need up banning everybody from sitting on the couch as the floor was slightly better. No sheets on the pull out bed and when asking for them, they weren't sure if the you had any... I did get some but they were 2 small.

Ontop of all this, you will have hookers walking around the area at night, AND YES there was a freshly used condom in the bushes the next morning. We also experienced a topless woman strung out on drugs yelling at some guy and then quickly going back inside.

Yes, it was a night to remember, I'm sure you can find more luxury for an extra $10 to $20 a night. Or at least have fitting bed sheets without the burn holes in them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank andrew r
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The first room we got smelled so bad of smoke we had to move. We got moved to a room in the back and the entire place looks really ghetto I was afraid my car would get broken in to. Ghetto aside, the new room didnt smell as bad but not much better. The stove was broken, the microwave didnt work, the bed was hard and had what looked like a blood stain dripping down the side of the matress. Room was not clean in general. In addition, checking out was not pleasant either. I felt rushed. Check out is at 11am. The housekeeper came at 9:30 and said she was told we checked out already. We got a call at 10:30 letting us know that check out is at 11 ans ANOTHER call at 10:55 AGAIN informing us that it was now 11 and we need to check out. I was annoyed at that point so I told her yes I know this is the 3rd time we are being told, I feel rushed. Then instead of apologizing she said well I need to get the cleaners in the room. So to sum it up. Dirty and broken room with rude service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam v
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.Please accept our apologies that your room smelled of smoke and thank you for giving us a chance to make it right. Also,we are very sorry you felt rushed that was not our intention. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to make it right given a chance.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

With Crossland, I encountered countless issues, bugs creeping in, linen stains, dents and holes in walls and furniture, missing sink stopper, grease/grime(kitchen), filthy toaster, odorous room, found undergarments behind bdr dresser, sleeper sofa had trash behind it, the garbage can & bags had coffee stains and constant noise disturbances from other tenants(above). I contacted ESA’s customer service line and reported this disgrace and then to the office’s management. I was offered another room, but the upgrade wasn’t that at all, because of issues such as filthy toaster, stove top burner didn’t work, bathroom sink pipe leaks, dresser without knob, grease/grime(kitchen), linen(stains), replacement linen(stains), bathroom tub(stained/dirty) and constant noise disturbances from other tenants through wee hours of the morning with. Kids constantly running around on the balconies. People outside all wee hours talking loud and playing music.The exterior grounds of the property were unsanitary; full of old clothes, food, trash and pet feces. The patio furniture were covered in stains and the hotel’s pool did not have a filter. I also began to realize that Management/Maintenance does not operate all hours, so basically there’s no one to contact in case of emergency. I tried to contact management during late hours to complain about one of those noise disturbances and no answer. Another occasion where I had contacted the mgmt office at around 5pm one evening because my microwave was malfunctioning. She stated to me, that maintenance had already *clocked out* and that my request would have to wait til morning. I thought to myself, “What kind of establishment is ESA running?” Is this the kind of treatment that tourists/clients/newly residents endure during a hotel Extended Stay America (ESA)? A place that doesn’t offer comfort/quiet/safety/customer service...which is what I definitely didn't feel at either of your establishments. Whilst moving in, I felt totally unsafe, cause other tenants were watching me the entire time. I also had an issue with another tenant who was constantly following me every time I would step outside and because I was alone, I was very uncomfortable and I wasn't aware of this man's identity.

Room Tip: Just Don't Go!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo