5,656 results
All reviewsfremont streethash housefremont experiencedowntown vegasstay downtownold vegasfood courtbingocasinobendertowertournamentlasgamblingslotsdealersplayers
Reviewed December 5, 2016

The room was clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities you would expect in a LV Hotel. Would stay here again as the room rate was cheap! Parking was easy in and out . Resteraunts were very good.

Stayed: March 2016

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Plaza.
We appreciate your valuable feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our services.

Reviewed December 4, 2016

I booked The Plaza Hotel for my husband, teenage son, father and step mother through a travel site that allowed me to pay for my reservation in full online. We were in town to see a concert at a different casino but I had stayed in the Plaza before and thought the renovations were nice. Granted, my last visit was 3-4 years ago. The hotel lobby still looked good and the front desk people were very nice. I had booked a room for my immediate family for two nights and my father was only staying one night, in a separate room.
My room was spacious but we noticed a funky smell as we entered. There were also a couple of big stains on the carpet. My son went to take a shower and the tub filled with water that wasn't draining. I tried pulling the stopper but it wasn't really helping. Ultimately we had to call maintenance. They were there with 20 minutes and were clean, courteous and quick. Although the tub did drain, the sink probably could have used a little maintenance as well. Our beds were not very comfortable but I wasn't expecting luxury. Throughout the night, we heard a whistle that we didn't locate until the next morning. It was our front door. The only way to stop it was to run a blanket along the threshold. My dad's room seemed to be in a little better shape and he had no complaints.
My biggest beef with this hotel are the charges. I had paid in full online but was charged a $40.32 resort fee and a $50.00 (refundable) deposit for possible damage upon check in. For my dad's room, I was charged $20.16 resort fee and $50.00 (refundable) deposit. I wasn't happy with the $20.16/a day charge but I figured I had gotten a decent deal on the room so I wasn't going to complain. When I got home and checked my credit card statement, I see that they have charged me again for both rooms. They charged the same $40.32 for my room and $20.16 on my dad's room and that charge went through on the day that we checked out. I tried calling the hotel and was got an answering machine for the accounting department. On the message, it directed me to leave a message or email them. I have emailed them and haven't heard back yet. Plus, I have not been refunded my deposit. It has been a day and a half since I checked out.
I drive an SUV with a tall rack on the top that wouldn't fit in their parking garage that has a 6' 2" or 6' 4" clearance. Unfortunately their valet has limited SUV parking as well. So, we had to park in a lot about a block away that was free for hotel guests. Again, the parking people were all VERY friendly but it was kind of a bummer that I couldn't fit in the garage.

Reviewed December 4, 2016

We arrived late (our bad) so we were given a room which allowed smoking. Hotel promised to refresh the room - never happened. Although we were offered at check in to change rooms for our second night, we decided to grin and bear the smell. We were staying on the 18th floor - and later into our second night, we started hearing a whistling breeze with an unknown source. We checked all potential causes; air conditioner, door and emergency door. The noise got so loud, we couldn't sleep. Finally had to leave door ajar all night for relief. Security investigated and told us he found the emergency door was open. He closed the door and said this would resolve the whistling noise. I had already checked the door and it was not open, furthermore despite his assurance , the screeching continued through the night.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank L5634JCkaren
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

We have been visiting Las Vegas for many years but have never stayed in the Downtown area because it is older. But we got tickets to a concert at the Golden Nugget and decided to stay within walking distance of the venue. We weren't expecting much but we're pleasantly surprised. The room was updated and very clean and inviting. The only problem was there was no hot water in the morning. The front desk sent up someone to check but we had already used the cold shower and we're ready to go. But a very nice property for the price.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephcar56

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Plaza.
Please accept our apologies for the issues you endured during your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2016

impressive. The suite I was in was great. The service was excellent. I can always invite friends and will not be embarrassed by the room I'm staying in. In fact my friends told me it is the most convenient location and just walking distance to stores.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Plaza.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serve you again.