“Plaza Hotel & Casino”

Plaza Hotel & Casino
Ranked #103 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was our 1st time staying at the Plaza. The rooms were clean & pleasant, there is only 1 mirror & it is in the bathroom. Be warned, the check in took over an hour. It was a Saturday, but the line looked just as long & slow when we walked by on Sunday. Check in as early as possible to avoid the wait.
There are some fun, & different slots at the Plaza, but we did not win much. We may stay here again, it was pretty good, but not fabulous.
It is convenient to walk downtown to other casinos, & restaurants.
There is a food court with a McDonald's, & it is crowded, with very slow service. Eat elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank icemom2009
Lisa M, Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Hi Icemom2009, Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the fun and different slots at the Plaza. We hope you'll be back really soon.

There are newer reviews for Plaza Hotel & Casino

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had a nice view and room located in the South Tower overlooking the swimming pool. Requested the South Tower after reading a lot of review of the noise from the Fremont Experience in the North Tower so we were pleased with our quiet location. Our room was spacious but the reviews of the small bathroom area is spot on! For those who maybe claustrophobic, the bath area could provide some issues! Still had a good three night stay....also ate at Pop Up Pizza a couple of times and as vegans, we thought that the Soho Vegan Pizza was probably the best we've ever had anywhere, to date! Room was booked through Casablanca Express and had to attend a timeshare type presentation to get a good room rate. Overall a good stay, check in and out was very efficient and did not encounter any problems that other reviewers indicated, thank goodness!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GHTfromHB

Hello GHTfromHB, Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your location in the South Tower. The Soho slice at Pop Up is so good- you can’t even tell its Vegan! We are happy to hear you found check in and out to be very efficient. We hope you will be back soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I are frequent visitors to LV, being SoCal close. We picked the Plaza on a whim on our last trip out. We got a beautiful room with a Vegas strip view and wet bar. Truly enjoyed the room, only thing missing was a classic Martini pitcher and a jar of olives! We so enjoyed the ambiance, casino, bingo, breakfast and closeness to Fremont Street that the Plaza was first choice on our first visit back to Old Vegas. We like the strip too but when we really want to get our Vegas on, Plaza Hotel is at the top of the list! See you guys next Monday! Steve and Tonya!

Room Tip: Reach into your pocket and get an upgrade room, it's still less than $50 and you'll apprecia...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Steve and Tonya, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of the hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the classic Vegas vibe! Looking forward to next Monday!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the Plaza. I have always liked their slots, but hadn't ever stayed there until this trip. The remodeled rooms are very nice and comfortable. Everything is very clean. The best part about the Plaza is the customer service--every single person with whom I dealt was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Also, the room rates were great. I could see the rooftop pool from my room, but didn't get a chance to try it out. It looks like the kind of pool that would be perfect for me: no blaring DJ music, no party scene, no kids running around; just a nice, smaller, quiet pool. The location is nice, being at the end of the Fremont Street Experience, so everything is within walking distance. I liked the pizza-by-the-slice counter beside the elevators, and of course Hash House is always wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Hello Kar, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad you decided to stay with us and found the rooms to be nice and comfortable. We are happy to hear you had a great experience with the friendly, helpful staff! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at the Plaza Hotel and Casino for 4 days in July. Although the staff were nice and the rooms were nice enough there was no care and attention to details in the housekeeping and maintenance. Corners and edges of public areas were not clean and repairs were not done. For example the mirror in the public ladies room in the lobby was missing a 12" chunk.. the whole time. It should have been removed day 1... has it been days or months that it stood like that. In the rooms the painting and finishes were nicely remodelled but there was multiple spots of damage to the paint. This should have been touched up after each check out to maintain that newly remodelled look. Likewise why in a HUGE room, newly remodelled, did they put in double beds. Queen size beds are only 6" wider and there was lots of space. It might have even taken 2 kings. For 2 days I requested to move to a larger bed before we gave up! The worst thing of the whole stay though is the casino. It smells like an old hooker. Other older casinos have smokers in them and they don't smell at all. The Plaza smelled like old cigarette smoke and cheap perfume trying to hide the smell. I don't think I will return to the Plaza even though Vegas is definitely on my return trip plan!

Room Tip: Apparently there is no such thing as a quiet room. It was requested but our room faced the pool that...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Janb1968, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad you found both the staff and room nice! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to perform better! I apologize for your inconvenience. Our goal here is to make the Plaza your favorite place to stay and play. We wish to create a fun and safe environment for each guest. We will review your comments and make necessary changes. We hope you decide to return so we can demonstrate our commitment to the guest experience!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Walking down Fremont you can visit lots of other casinos and shopping. The bus to the strip is right down the street.
Beware! you have to give a major deposit of 200.00 or more. Which you may think you are getting a hotel room for 30.00 but after the taxes and fees it wont be that price. So make sure you have extra money available for those fees.

The staff even changed my room for me when I had a problem with my other room.
Avoid the Mexican restaurant inside! Great food but really long waits and charges extra for cheese on tacos!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pansy77th

Hi Pansy77th, Thank you for your review! You’re right, Zaba’s has delicious food! We love their tacos! We are sorry to hear you had an issue with your room but are glad you worked out the situation with the staff! We hope you choose the Plaza again!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been travelling around for years, & been to Vegas several times now, have stayed at the Golden Nugget 4 times,I loved it, the Excalibur once the Stratosphere twice Las Vegas Hotel three times all of the above Hotels were half the price of the Plaza and three times as good. The Rooms are supposed to be newly renovated within the last 2 years but look like something out of the seventies. no coffee machines no desk or chair for the computer, the beds not comfortable no pillow tops I was told by Rosa the Manager the Owners wanted to keep the old style for the old part of Vegas, What a joke, that's not what the public want I should know I'm part of them. I mentioned to the manager that I stayed at motel 6's that were much better and she agreed that the other hotels that I stayed in had better rooms but mostly she gave me lip Service which only ticked me off, in fact she wasn't helpful at all. Do not stay here, you have so many other choices, some of which I stated above the Nugget is usually goes for around $49.00 a night and well worth it, the others $20 a night less than that on a deal. Go where you will be more comfortable and happy.

Room Tip: Pick another place
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank larmac
E_Eisenberg, Director of Hotel Operations at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Larmac,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Plaza and I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a clean, safe, friendly and fun environment each and every time they visit. The entire hotel and casino was remodeled just over 2 years ago in a classic Vegas theme. All of our rooms have spacious work spaces featuring a modern desk and chair combination. We feature Keurig coffee machines in all of our suites. Our rates run from as low as $39 Sunday through Thursday to $139+ on Friday and Saturday nights. Weekends are always busy around Las Vegas, but if you are a member of our Royal Rewards Players Club, we offer discounts and comps based on your casino play.

I apologize that you did not have an outstanding stay with us and hope that you will give us another chance. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Best regards,