“Stay at your own risk” 2 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, California
“Stay at your own risk”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

4/25/2014

Stay at your own risk! Four items were stolen out of my car while I was parked in the parking structure! The entry way from the parking structure to the casino was disgusting! Very dirty the walls had a lot of dirty shoe prints on them. The carpet was black you couldn't even see the color any more there was trash and a diaper in the elevator! I was scared the hotel would look like that. Thank goodness the casino and hotel was clean and remodeled however I noticed it smelled like eggs or bathroom. I noticed the air freshener but it didn't cover that sewer/egg smell! I smelled that same funky bathroom/sewer smell in my room. The pipes/drain to the sink in my room smelled really bad like sewer it was gross!
The electricity went out four times!
When I first checked in my top and fitted sheets had several holes in them maybe moth or cigarette burn holes. The second bed had black marks on the sheets. I had several issues with housekeeping not cleaning the room. They didn't mop or sweep the bathroom they didn't clean the tub. I called housekeeping to bring towels and tissue  and two hours later I noticed they didn't come I had to call them again  When I first checked in I added two days before I knew about the problems and Front desk charged me resort fees twice for the same two days instead of putting it towards the two days I added it took them forever to find out where my money went so they could put it on the two days I added. Some of housekeeping and front desk employees were rude.
Aside from bad smell and bad housekeeping the rooms are clean and remodeled its ok if you're in a Pinch, only staying for a day or two at the most, and have no other option. Expect problems! Bring everything inside your room don't leave anything in your car! Pool closes 5pm which is really inconvenient but you probably don't want to swim here any ways!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lilly d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,061)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Love the location. Clean. Great casino and sports book. Great memories. Room overlooked the Fremont which was cool. Perfect hotel in every way. Fremont experience is great. Very retro yet very modern. Everything is walkable. Great deals and nonstop entertainment everywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler31190
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We've been to the Plaza before and appreciated the offers of free room nights. Between my son and I, we had 6 free nights, so booked 'em back to back. How can you go wrong, right? I requested a room high up, overlooking the Strip. When we got there, that is exactly what we received. They waive the resort fee for free coupon rooms, so all we had to do was place a $50 deposit on a credit card. Any travelers will recognize this as a great value these days, in Vegas or elsewhere. The only complaint we had about the accommodations is the lack of a clock anywhere in the room, and only 2 lamps in the entire room. Very dimly lit. We requested housekeepers come in after our 2nd night there, and I requested an extra blanket, as they only had the duvet sheet cover and a light blanket and my son was chilly. None were left. I requested extra waters and only the 2 were left - but they are complimentary and a nice touch. One day, the housekeeping staff was directly outside our door, squawking loudly back and forth, and I opened the door to ask for TP and say, "Shhhhh!". Shortly thereafter, some homie G with tatts comes knocking on our door - we had no idea who he was. Sort of unnerving but I guess he just had the wrong room. The next day, we opted to not be disturbed. When we returned to our room, housekeeping had entered anyway and picked up my son's dirty clothes (including undies) and put them in a plastic bag. That's a bit intrusive...? The bathroom is sort of laid out dumb, with an open area sink, safe, ironing board, vanity and then the tub/toilet tiny closet separate. A bobby pin was laying on the bathroom floor upon arrival and after housekeeping came later too. No room to change clothes in there! Gaming was fun, but I wonder how they allow the casino to have so much non-revenue space? So much empty footage that is begging for some new and fun games to be added. We like the King Of Dragons and Panda (30c games) and old Caveman Keno. A short cashier was rude to my son, and the cocktail servers are often few and far between. We were sad about our free Louis Anderson tickets, as they are not 'free'. There is a 2-drink minimum, which will cost ya $27. A good deal, nonetheless, but we opted to do other things instead. All in all, nice accommodations with a great view and location. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Strip, as high up as possible!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank travelgirl1960
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Booked on price and downtown location. The stay far exceeded my expectations. Everyone we encountered was helpful and friendly. Room was smallish but the bath had been completely renovated. Several good meal options. Fun place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jack L
LAS VEGAS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I live in Las Vegas and don't expect a high end stay on Freemont, especially when I'm basically just staying as a pass out bed. For $100 though, I do expect better. Putting aside the stains on the walls, ceiling and carpet, the missing ceiling tiles, and the overall old feeling, the room itself was nice, nothing special but not crappy. Here is my two cents advice. Advice # 1 (this is important), make sure you get the room you reserved! I asked for 2 queens, I called and confirmed 2 queens, I checked in and after a long wait because there was 1 front desk person (on a Saturday) I was NOT asked bed preference, so stupidly assumed I would get 2 queens. I did not. I had to go back down, wait in line again, and switch rooms. Advice #2 Check in is at 4pm. Apparently for an extra fee you can check in early. So if 4pm is rather late for you, ask how much the cost is to be early. Advice #3 Do NOT leave anything in the room upon check out (which is 11am and you will probably still be in a drunken state). I repeat do NOT forget anything. I left my phone charger, called 3 hours later to get it. I was told it was too soon to find it; call back. I called back for 3 days and was finally told they get a lot of chargers they don't know which is mine but nothing matched my description so I'm s.o.l. Not sure why I could not take one of the other ones if they "get so many". I live here. Also the nice gentleman did not know why I was told to call back the first time, they could of looked then.
I guess overall this is not a bad place to stay, and these issues are easy enough get past. Just wanted to give a headup to fellow travelers. be warned, be wary, be safe

Room Tip: Reserve, call to verify, and tell them at check in the bed you want. Do not forget anything in room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank ROBYN P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was recently there with my motorcycle group , and I had a good stay Despite having to switch rooms 3 times . There was one employee that was very rude to a group of my associates down in the casino she was a waitress on the day shift by the name of Darlene she had a very bad attitude and acted as if it was an ok thing to do to be rude to customers ..... I was very upset with her actions ... But their was also an associate By the name of Mrs MARILYN SMITH That worked in the slots area that was a ray of sunshine after this darkened cloud of discuss had altered our mood .... MRS MARILYN I COMMEND YOU ON YOUR EXCELLENT SERVICE AND MOST OF ALL YOUR Great Attitude and OUT GOING PERSONALITY ..... THANK YOU..... from the bottom of our hearts ...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SHAK2U
Lakewood, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed 3 nights Fri-Sat excited to start the weekend we walked the Experience
Walkway and visited different Casinos having a good time. They have a stage for
Concerts across from the Plaza and when we got back to the room we noticed the
noise level was LOUD. I think the concert might have stopped about 3am of course
By then I fell asleep.... I was hoping there was no concert on Sunday night but I
was wrong, the same thing happened by that time we were exhausted so we fell
asleep @ midnight. Rooms on the opposite side are facing the railroad
tracks!
The good part about staying there we went to Oscar's for dinner and the food there
Is very good!
Lastly, the ice machines are not on every floor but maybe every other floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends