Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
12,103 results
All reviews tournament of kings luxor and mandalay bay food court johnny rockets new york new york m life other hotels trip to vegas strip view nicks shows uber walkway las gambling slots monorail
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A cold shower may seem a good idea on summer, but this was winter. The hot water didn't work in the morning during one of the days of our stay, so we had to shower in cold water. The staff told us they would send a technician to check and that was it! No "here's a reimbursement", no "here are some chips to play at the casino", no "here's a free-day stay" for your inconvenience. We payed an average of $130/day and they failed to provide something as basic as hot water.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Customer service was terrible! And parking is very inconvenient. Don’t order movies unless you want to pay and the TV reception is horrible. Don’t brother to upgrade your room because not much of an upgrade! Waste of money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The casino placed a garbage container inside of a large concrete container and placed that inside a handicapped accessible parking spot. There was a - yellow - line painted beside it to the ramp side with no indication of the ramp stripes. I parked as close to the container as possible as I was driving a van with a ramp and it took up most of the spot with the ramp up. I was concerned someone would key the car; in case that was not an ADA spot next to the space with a ramp area I tried to park away from the line on the opposite side. I had no idea how the lot would fill up overnight and the client needed a spot right across from the Resort Tower.

When I backed out of the space I nudged the car an inch the wrong way and I heard a scrape across the front of the car. I got out and saw that the garbage bin had left two scratches from the grain of the concrete. I called the main line of the casino to get a report of the incident because of how stupid it is - not to mention against ADA compliance - to have a garbage bin inside that space. For some reason they called the head of security over, someone in a suit wearing an earpiece, who took his time to ask me what I needed help with. I said I dont know, they called you over. I called the main line again and overheard the rep speaking to the head of security and could hear him speaking back to her. They didnt know why I was requesting to speak to the lot manager. They called more security to come over. Someone on a bike rolled over to ask me if I wanted him to take pictures and I said no, I wanted a manager who is responsible for the lot to come over. I called the main line again. Theresa, the phone rep, called another "neon jacket" parking rep over. I called again to ask why people were being called over who had nothing to do with handling these issues. She then called the parking lot manager. He finally came over and looked confused. His name is Oscar. I explained to him that they have a large garbage bin taking up a single space handicap spot that scratched my van.

He said, and I quote:

"I dont handle those bins in the lot. Thats facilities. They put them there."

He then asked me what I wanted to do and eventually got to saying we could fill out an incident report. Yes, man! That is what I want! So he runs back inside to get paperwork. Mind you this is 45 minutes later by the time he showed up and we are already late for getting on the road. I call the main line again to ask for an actual manager because all of these people did not seem to know what they needed to do.

After some time a shift manager named Toby comes out. I tell him what has happened, that the barrier was in my spot, I scratched my vehicle and your casino customer service sent out all these irrelevant people. Without further delay, he starts talking over me and said what he can do is - then he turns to head of security and like a goon starts saying: "Are you ready for this? Watch this" and starts filling out buffet tickets for that day. I politely tell him that we are on our way out and not returning, so if his point is to dissuade me in not filing a report by comping me buffet tickets, that would not work. He goes silent and walks away.

Oscar comes back, we fill out a sheet, he tells me they will review video and get back to me with their claims department. He takes some photos, tells me their claims department will get back to me in about a week or two at most, and they are off. Everyone then dispersed.

As I get ready to pull away, a security guard comes out of nowhere to start taking pictures of my client through the rear passenger window who is severely disabled and in a powered wheelchair. He is wearing a facemask! Can you imagine how scared she must have felt when someone who looks like a commando is peering into our vehicle to get photos of her! I get out of the van and ask him if he is head of security and not the guy in the suit I first talked to. He very lazily answers "I am just doing my job sir." So did the casino send this guy out to take photos and intimidate us? I get back in and start driving and the security personnel again rolls his bike down to the van as we are exiting the end of the lot and flashes the camera into my vehicle several times, again escalating something that seemed resolved with some friendly discussion into what appeared to be record-keeping to keep us away.

It seems this casino discriminates against handicapped people. The client has cerebral palsy and accidentally pushed a call button on one of the slot machines. Instead of one of the floor staff coming over a pit boss came over and immediately asked her for her ID. She could not produce one quickly enough so he threatened to ban her from the floor. This was clearly harassment to get the disabled client off the floor, so she left the slot and the casino as quickly as possible. If their concerns were valid, they would have stopped her.

I followed up with Excalibur to request a response to having security come out and take photos of us after we were all done creating the report. I would have let this go as a simple misunderstanding and my point was to alert them to the poor placement of their large, obtrusive, damaging garbage container in a disabled parking spot.
They have no direct email, the Facebook page is a joke and the messages sit unread, so I had to scour the internet until I found an email that did not return a bounceback message. I called them when I let some days pass and did not receive an email reply. Again I got bounced around until I was directed to Guest "Relations" where I left a voicemail. I gave them a couple of weeks due to the holidays and there has been - zero - response.

This place stinks - and I mean literally! The morning we left there was a pervasive sewage smell everywhere we went inside and outside. It was like a cloud hanging over the castle. As I was discussing the report with Oscar, someone whom was equally as perturbed by the lack of service here yelled "Bye stinky Excalibur!"

Don't worry you goombas! I will never return to your sludge factory you call a casino/ hotel!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at Excalibur for New Year's Eve. The first employee we had contact with at the front desk was very rude. The employees at the bell desk and buffet were pleasant. On our last night there I killed a cockroach in our room. I spoke with a manager at guest services who said that he has a different room for us and when we were ready to move just let the front desk know. After we packed, we checked with front desk who said there were no more rooms available. Spoke with a manager who also said no more rooms available but that she would comp all of our nights. When we checked out in the morning, they then said they were only coming our resort fees. We asked to speak with the manager from the night before and they said she would call when she came in that evening and, of course, no one ever called. We have traveled to Las Vegas 33 times and have never encountered a hotel that treats their customers this bad.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was a basic midgrade hotel. Outside noise in rooms is terrible. We could not get the room temperature to stay at a comfortable level. Either hot or cold. But the beds were comfortable and new. Could have used another blanket

• Trip type: Traveled with family