“Mirage Hotel- Looks great, had fun and never wanted to leave!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #49 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel is awesome!

I'm 21 and traveled with two friends also in their 20's. The hotel is mainly taken up with people around my age but there were also a lot of people from other age groups.

It had everything we wanted, an awesome cocktail bar 'Rhumbar' which not only has the usual but has a takeaway section where they sell your favourite cocktails in every size (some of them are huge!), great restaurants- everything from American to Chinese, a fun casino and great pool area.

The staff where ultra friendly and we had no problems with our stay at all. It was perfect from the minute we stepped in the door. The rooms are beautiful and i wanted to buy all the merchandise available in the hotel store! The store is perfectly situated by the elevators so that you can buy anything you want on the way up to your room or on the way out. They sell alcohol, sodas, water, chocolate, food, clothes...everything you might possibly need. Like every hotel, the walk from the entrance to your room is around a 10 minute walk but you get used to it. Our room was a strip view and was at the end of the hotel so some nights we crawled back to our room!

Lastly, the hotel is in the perfect location, it really is in the middle of the strip, and although places are sometimes too far to walk (take a taxi or the bus), the Mirage is the best place to be.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed in one of the newly decorated tower suites and when we entered it really was a 'wow' moment! Complete with living room, jacuzzi bath, double sinks, bed with a tv in it and an amazing make up table!
We had a view of the pool area and strip. The pool is really beautiful and I would definately recommend the frozen pina colada drinks! Also the pool bar served really great food, club sandwiches etc which were really reasonably priced.
The only thing that could be improved on would be some of the staff's attitude. We come across some who didn't seem to want to help much! Also the resort fee that is charged is $15 a day and all we would see that we were getting was a $1 newspaper each day, so we're still a bit confused about what we should of got!?
We only ate in BB Kings for breakfast which served nice food, but everything else in the hotel looked a little over priced for what it was.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moss87
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have visited Vegas several times in the past staying at different hotels each time, but after reading reviews off Trip Advisor I have entered each of the hotels "prepared" with hints and tips from other members writing reviews of there stay and I have to say it has been benefical in the past and certainly benefical for here at the Mirage.

Check in...I have travelled from the UK travelled via EWR so with the time difference I was on the go for almost 24hours! I was greeted at the check in with no queue! Fantastic considering it was 2030 on a Friday night. The check in agent was superb. If you are polite and kindly ask for your room preference..we wanted a high floor non smoking room. They will do there upmost to grant it. We were on the 19th floor with a Pool/Strip view...BUT the best bit was that she informed me about the pool party going on until the early hours of the morning on a Sat/Sun night!!!! (I already knew about this from past reviews on here) She asked if it was a problem to which i said no. She then went on to advise me about the inroom bar fridge and that it is monitored with sensors and not to put anything in otherwise you will be charged!!!! could I have asked for anything more???? They have either read all these reviews from Trip Advisor members and taking the hint or some new manager has come in and improved there customer service.

The room was superb....granted we could hear the music from the room from the pool party....but quite frankly it was one night out of the week that this happens...we were tired from walking all day so it didnt bother us! If music bothers you then DONT get a pool view room pay the extra for a strip view!!!!!
The room itself was very clean no unfriendly welcome waiting for us in the bathroom i.e hairs etc....and it maintained its high standard through out the stay! The only one small thing i would say is that the shower was not very hot....not a big of a deal considering we come from sub zero temperatures and we were spending our days in an oven! it was an excuse to cool down!
Cravings Buffet for breakfast AMAZING well priced...and if we had more time I am sure we would have sampled the evening Buffett.
Go and see LOVE...we got a good deal from the tix 4 less booths of the strip! dont be put off with the lower rate prices....none of the seats have restricted view unlike "O" you see everything that goes on...its just that much going on you dont know where to look.
The Dolphin and Lion Habitat...yes have to say I am in an agreement with the Dolphins and the size of the pools that they get to swim in....but was worth a visit...just a shame Mirage guests dont get any discount.
All the staff are friendly...if you go to them with a face like thunder then I am sure the service will not be as what you expect but if you approach them with a smile they sure do help you the best they can...
I do know what folk mean by the casino floor looks dated but i wasnt here to gamble so I cant really comment...but for what they had it looks as though other guests were having a good time.
The pool! yes other reviews are correct. as we had a pool view we could see the pool entrance...the pool opens at 0800 and we saw people queuing to get the beds they wanted at 0645!!!!! yes you read right!...Weekends forget it! basically if you want to go to the pool for some in the afternoon NO beds are free...but by the week day go around 1100 and plenty of beds still available! just dont understand the reason behind this placing towels on beds and then not returning for hours! perhaps is due to this pool being one of the largest and funest on the strip! Granted the water is COLD but hey you are baking in over 100 degrees you need something to cool down!
Overall I loved this hotel and would defo go back but thats thanks to the hints and tips from the other reviews off this site!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank floridasunset_9
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Went to Las Vegas with Virgin Holidays ,our room was upgraded to premier class over looktng the Strip and pool area ,what a room and bed ,every thing about the hotel was fantastic ,right in the middle of the Strip next to Cesars Palace,all cleaners ,security,gaming staff,reception.very helpful and polite and the rooms were spotless
This was our 3rd visit to Las Vegas and was certainly the best,breakfast just across the road at Dennys (great pancakes) a little crowded at times, dinner at the Hotels ---Californian Pizza Kitchen.great food ,does not only serve pizza but good Italian food.it does what is says on the can !!!! One danger --dont book Visa (ESTA) on any Google web site --they are SCAMS only apply through Virgins web site for safety..Enjoy VROOM worth every penny at Gatwick Airport.go see Terry Fator if nothing else Great Act....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carakika
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights on the 01.09.2010. I was expecting it to be much better than it was, the room was OK with a nice large widescreen TV and fairly good bed/bathroom, however, the decor is in need of upgrading - very dated and worn. Unfortunately, I had a credit card charge done at the Rhumbar lounge which turned out to be fraud - this was disappointing and the hotel staff were not very helpful when trying to resolve it. I found Mirage to be totally average and no where near as good as the reviews I've read on here. All in all it was an average hotel/casino that is overrated, much rather pay a bit more and stay at Bellagio/Venetian/Wynn. Wouldn't recommend this hotel especially for $180/night which is what it cost over the weekend.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2010

They are in a great location on the strip and have a great pool, good restaurants and recently rennovated rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Finally getting around to posting this after our stay the end of August. I’m not going to lie, this isn’t the most fabulous hotel on the strip, but if you’re able to get the same deal I did at less than $100/night you shouldn’t complain. It’s a decent hotel with plenty of activities to keep you busy. The resort is centrally located and there’s a great deal going on between, nightclubs, restaurants, and gambling. My sis and I stayed in a newly remodeled room on the fourth floor and had very few complaints.

We arrived on a Thursday night and I was afraid the front desk would be overly busy, but thankfully we were able to check-in fairly quickly. I toyed with trying the $20 “trick” or more aptly called the “bribe” but decided against it after I didn’t think they’d upgrade me after I was already receiving a sweet deal. No biggie as we didn’t plan on spending a lot of time in the room, which we didn’t.

As mentioned above the room was newly renovated and was more than adequate for two people, although, the bathroom was rather small. We had a limited view of the pool which wasn’t too bad, although, our primary view was of the hotel rooftop. Like most hotels the walls are rather thin, but we didn’t find it to be too loud. It is Vegas after all and there always drunk people stumbling up and down the hallways. Although, I will say when we arrived the room didn’t have all the towels and toiletries it should have, but after our first night, we received the balance of everything. I’m not sure what the reason was as it wasn’t a big deal, but maybe the cleaning staff should pay a bit more attention to detail.

The pool area is lovely but SUPER crowded. They really pack everyone in there with the chairs butted up to each other and make no mistake, people line up at the pool entrance at 8:30 AM for the 9:00 AM opening. A bit stressful if you want to get a chair in a good spot. The drink service is spot on, although, be sure to check you bill at checkout as I didn’t look at mine close enough and got stuck for a $45 tab. Live and learn. We paid $50 on Saturday to sit in the Poolside Reserve area - TOTALLY worth the $50 and we sooooo recommend it. Basically you pay $50 to sit in a VIP area (limited chairs) and sort of get treated like you were in a cabana. No kids allowed and a small pool separate from everyone else. Even though the drink service was good in the main area, in the VIP area it was even better. In addition to the peace and quiet this little oasis offers, they also give you free water, lemonade, fruit and sorbet all day long. If you can swing it, go for it.

All in all we had a wonderful time and would definitely stay again, although, I may avoid a weekend because of crowded pool scene, but if I received a nice offer I’d overlook it and stay there without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family