Having stayed at The Mirage only twice before (2000 and 2004), I was curious to go back and see how it looked after all the recent changes/upgrades. Overall, the hotel is looking really good - the casino has been brightened up, or so it seems, the public areas all look very nice and the rooms were completely over-hauled a year or so ago, with super-comfy beds... I met some nice employees (great guys in the Craps pit), and ultimately had my room comped. I only ate at the Cravings Buffet once, for breakfast, and it was awesome. That said, here are the problems I experienced:
* All low-limit blackjack ($25) appears to be 6:5,
* Some, not all, of the blackjack dealers seem to hate their job, and it really shows,
* Poor water pressure and shower heads in the bathrooms,
* Huge and very loud slamming doors in the hallways,
* Poorly performing A/C in the rooms - I just couldn't cool the room down.
* Got hit up with a $15 "Resort Fee" - this is an utter JOKE, and has to be changed.
I guess that with a property of this age, it may be too much to expect better water pressure and A/C, but I'd think that The Mirage could do something about the door hinges. Maybe not. Anyway, based on those issues, I won't be returning because getting a good night's sleep was impossible.More
- Free Parking