“A Lovely Modern Hotel..”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel when we went out to Vegas to get married.. Thought the hotel was lovely, we had a strip view, smoking room (boyfriends choice) and although you could smell the smoke in the hallways, the rooms werent really too bad, the air con and the daily maid service meant our room smelt lovely the majority of the time! Had heard rave reviews about the buffett here, but must say i was dissappointed, not much choice considering and although it was all you can eat for $15 (for breakfast) i never felt id even had my $15 worth!!!! We used the mac d's over the road for breakfast mostly!
The pool was lovely, ice cold (much needed in that heat) although i was by the pool by 8:30am every morning and most beds were taken, it got really busy in the afternoons but was great.
We ate at Kokomo's one night, just outside the lobby area... it was BEAUTIFUL! Pricey but well worth it.
The couple we were holidaying with also used the spa, which was a little too expensive for me ($185 for a massage and mini pedicure!!!) but they said it was amazing...
The room service was very prompt considering the size of the hotel and i would say very good value also, the portions were HUGE and really not that expensive..
We enjoyed the nightlife in Vegas although we didnt actually visit Jet or Revolution (the clubs in the hotel) they always looked very busy. I would definately reccommend this hotel, it is perfectly located close to the centre of the strip and the staff were friendly, helpful and very pleasant.

1  Thank WorkShy6
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed June 27, 2010

I'm actually staying here now and the rooms won't get cool. I callled the front desk they didn't help, they transfered me to an operations manager named JT and he said it's like any other room for a hotel on the strip. The hallways are cooler than the room. For 180.00 per night on the weekend, I wouldn't stay here again.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

The atrium was beautiful. The shops were nice. We were excited for our stay. I have had cleaner rooms at the Motel 6 or any other low priced rooms. Our room's smoke detector was hanging down the wall. The bathroom had long black hair all over it. On the floor, in the bathtub, in the sink, and wrapped all around the complimentary soap and shampoo they leave on the bathroom vanity. I got out a washrag to wash my face. There again, 3 long black hairs with face makeup on the washrag. It did not look like the washrag was just stained, it looked fresh. It was very hot outside, so we went to dip in the pool and couldn't even get in. The kids normally swim for hours, and that was to be the entertainment for half of the day, but even they couldn't stand to get in. I did like the cardio room. We also went to the buffet. We paid extra for it to include lobster. It was absolutely the worst lobster I have ever eaten. It was tough and chewy. I literally spit it out! I will never stay here again.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

It took me literally months to pick my Vegas hotel, trying to find a balance between price, location and extravagance. The location was good, at the northern end of the strip near a monorail station. Easy walking distance to everything worthwhile on the strip. Anything north of Treasure Island I would personally consider off strip. As for extravagance it was middle of the road. Everyone had been telling me how awesome Vegas hotels are. The lobby was nice, with an aquarium and a mini jungle in the middle, the pool looked nice - set out like a lagoon though the water was incredibly cold. The casino itself felt middle of the road, nicer than most but without anything to really set it apart.
The room was nice, but just felt like a standard albeit nice hotel room, nothing special about it. We did have a strip view, though it is someone blocked by the angle of the wings of the hotel and the mini jungle dome in the middle. But that meant the road noise was reduced to about air conditioner volume. The a/c in the room was great. But be warned the fridge has weight sensors to detect if you remove anything or replace anything! But there is a gift shop downstairs that sells milk, we so bought cereal and just bought a fresh bottle of milk each day.
The check-in was a breeze, though I had bought through expedia and accidently booked for three nights instead of four, but they were able to give me a fourth night at the same rate. As with everywhere in Vegas, parking is free but if you are not doing anything off strip you won't need your car with this location. Internet access is included in your resort fee.
We really didn't have any issues with the stay. I'd stay here again on my next trip to Vegas if I want to keep costs down but get a nice hotel with a good location.

1  Thank oztravman
Reviewed June 26, 2010

the hotel I thought was in a great loaction on the strip, I preferred the more north end of the strip to the south anyway.

the hotel is not the biggest on the strip but I thought that was good cause when we where in the hotel it has everything you could ever need and its no far away to get to either inside

TIPPING!!!!!!!!!

when checking in and giving your ID and card over put a $20 bill inbetween, and ask if its possible to try and get the nicest room she can give you!!!
before i left i checked my booking with them and i was on the 5th floor i think...... after checking in they managed to give a suite on the 25th floor

leave a doller or two each day for the maid, it works out better for you, rather than leaving a ten doller tip when you leave

Drinks at the bar can be dear, or you can gamble and order your drinks from the girls walking by and give them a doller

we found the planet hollywood shops better that the forum shops... also if you are shopping go to the help desk first and get the voucher book, they all have them and it could save you alot when you are shopping around.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Beautiful place to stay.The rooms were spectacular and the beds were heaven.Lots to do and The secret Garden is a must see.Also check out THE RHUMBAR within the hotel, great music in the outside bar and lovely mist to cool you down.And the show LOVE is truely a magical experience.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I just arrived from a week here, and would recommend it. It have a very convenient location as everybody said. Here you can take the monorail from the Harrah's to go down MGM and a lot of places. Also just in front they have a walgreens, denny's, outback, mcdonalds and big shoppings (is right between Forum Shops and Fashion Show). I will go back ;). Be aware that if your flight is an redeye and you need late check out, you have to pay an extra day or half a day for it-- booking websites don't consider that. Stacks and Japonais restaurants in the lobby are wonderfull!!! The casino is not the best, is expensive and hard to win. The pool is beautiful, but the water is extremely cold. They have a topless pool, be aware of the kids if you stay facing it from your window.

1  Thank Ama12