The last time I stayed at the Mirage Hotel and Casino was two years ago. I decide to return to this hotel again as I had a good experience that last time and because of the location on the strip. My wife and I were in Las Vegas to attend a trade show.
Due to delays in our travel plans we arrived at the hotel around 10pm. I was glad to see that they had a roped off area for persons checking in as this was not the case the last time. No more wondering who was next. The lady who checked us in was friendly and professional. She assigned us a room on the 24th floor with a pool view but offered us if we wanted a view of the strip she would see what she could do. We accepted the original room assigned. She also explained about the room fridge's do and don't and the internet.
The room was large and clean. The bed, king size, was comfortable but some might find it on the soft side. The bathroom was very roomy with two sinks and a separate shower and tub. The halls and room was very quiet. We were amused to hear a ferocious ankle biter barking when room services knocked on a door in our hall. This was the only time we heard or knew that a dog was on our floor.
The staff that we came into contact with were very friend. While we were there we ate at Japonais (you have to try the pumpkin cheesecake if you go there), BLT Burger, California Pizza Kitchen and the Carnegie Delicatessen. The food and service was good in all the places that we ate.
We also manage to go to see the lions and dolphins. The dolphin tour was very informative and the guides took the time to make it interesting for the kids there. It is not a dolphin show like Sea World. It was more of an informative show and tell. As for the lions, there was no tour but you were allowed to walk around the cages and view the lions and other cats. Any information about the animal you were viewing was displayed on a board in front of the cage. I would add that at 10am most of the lions etc were sleeping. Not very exciting.
Check out was at 4:00am. We called the bell desk and spoke to Anthony who promptly came to collect our bags and he had them at the taxi area by the time we checked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Domestic, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas