“Great value strip hotel”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Great value strip hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Whenever we visit Vegas we like to stay in at least 1 hotel on the strip this time we chose The Mirage and found it exceeded our expectations as far as value is concerned the room we had was very clean and had what we needed for a 2 night stay. Location is great for Many of the main casinos on the strip.
The pool area is lovely and relaxed and the staff very courteous and make you feel very welcome, drinks and food reasonable and plenty of sun loungers available.

Room Tip: View of the strip or panoramic view at rear of hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your 1 stop stay on the strip this year! It is wonderful you were pleasantly surprised with our rooms, pleased with our pool and enjoyed our fantastic location. Did you have such a good visit you will stay with us longer next time? We have lots to do on property and we are opening up a new restaurant this fall called The Pantry! Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share your future travel plans with me, have any questions, or simply want to give more details of your past visit. I hope I hear from you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,477)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Yet another great stay in the Mirage vegas!! Rooms comfortable and very clean, fresh towels and bed made every day. Staff very friendly and welcoming, atmosphere great sport bar great to relax have a drink etc, pool brilliant, clean, sun loungers comfortable staff friendly and helpful. Ate at the Craving Buffett twice food lovely something for everyone, with unlimited soft drinks and house wine and beer! Only down side the Revolution bar drink too expensive, and one of our group rooms not ready on arrival but they were compensated, two little things that couldn't spoil our fantastic stay! Thanks again can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy you had such a fun stay! I also LOVE Cravings Buffet! The variety there is fantastic and I always enjoy their wonderful dessert selection (although I try to limit myself so I don't get a sugar crash halfway through my work day). We can't wait for your return visit either, please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have any questions when you are making your future travel plans!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

year after year the mirage seems to do things right. They have one of the most comfortable sports book and lounge area where your can enjoy a cigar in comfort while watching your favorite event on huge TV's

Room Tip: cant bet the room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
It is fantastic you enjoyed our updated sports book! Any particular sporting event bring you to town? I am really happy you are always comfortable at our property, but I bet you have seen many changes over the years. I would love to hear about them so please don't be a stranger! You can email more details of your visit and answers to my questions to TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good rooms, okay prices, plenty of options for eats, large gaming area, cool volcano eruption. Area good right next to Venetian and Forum Shops at Ceasar's, Harrahs, the Quad, the Linq Wheel, Harrah's and Casino Royale. Tix4Tonite right across the street for discount attractions and shows. Go to the parking deck at the Quad. There is a car collection exhibited there on the 5th floor of the parking garage. Look online and get free printable tickets. They close at 6 pm. Very well kept secret. Have fun!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I am thrilled you had a good time here at The Mirage and enjoyed our fantastic location! Which eats did you try while you were here? By the way thanks for the tidbit about that car show! It really is a well-kept secret because I had no idea! I guess you learn something new every day. I would really love to hear more about your visit, so please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with any additional details. I hope to hear from you soon!
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mirage for 4 nights. We had a premium view room at the rear of the hotel on the 21st floor overlooking the pool, dolphin habitat and part of the strip which was amazing especially at night. We were really happy with our room but were disappointed by the attention to detail particularly in the bathroom which looked like it needed touching up and was perhaps dated. There was an iron and hairdryer available in the room which was handy. The mini bar was fully stocked of overpriced goodies such as snacks and drinks all were weight activated so be careful not to touch them unless you're happy to be billed! The hotel generally was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful. There are a few restaurants to pick from and its own starbucks conveniently located next to the casino. Complimentary pool towels are available by the pool which unsurprisingly does get very busy. However we went for a dip late afternoon most days and did not struggle to find a couple of free sunbeds. The dolphin habitat at the back of the site was definately a great added extra, they have around 10 adorable dolphins who love to entertain. They are currently refurbishing the underwater viewing gallery which was a shame but are offering a discounted ticket rate to get in while the works are happening. As well as the dolphins they have the Siegfried and Roy Lions, tigers and leopards which was also interesting to see but werent up and about much due to the heat. Overall the the hotel is in a great Mid- strip location with Caesars Palace next door with its huge shopping mall and the Venetian opposite. We would recommend this hotel but if your looking for that extra bit of luxury while your in Vegas we would say to pay the extra money and stay at the Bellagio.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Katherine S
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I am happy you had a great time during the 4 nights you stayed with us! I am sorry though about your bathroom, would you please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your room number and I will have my engineering address the areas that need touching up? It is wonderful you were able to pack so many activities into your vacation and I LOVE how much you enjoyed our dolphins. Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat is one of my favorite places to visit. I was over there the other day and watched part of the Trainer for a Day Program! If you ever are in Vegas again I highly suggest looking into that fantastic experience. Anyways that's enough out of me, please do not hesitate to reach out, I hope to hear from you soon!
Danville, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was in LV on business for 4 nights and decided to come a day early to relax. I only stayed here 1 night and changed the following day to the convention hotel (Venetian). Stayed here because it was across the street from the Venetian and I got a GREAT rate ($90 AAA rate, $155 after tax and resort fee). The room and bathroom were very nice. I checked in early (about 11) and was able to get a room immediately which was nice. I was disappointed with the pool - it was SUPER hot (>100 degrees) and there is no shade - unless you want to pay for a cabana. I dragged a lounger to the edge where the plants and bushes provided some shade. There were no umbrellas etc. The service at the pool was very good. The gym was nice - used the treadmill with the TV. Hardly anyone in it. Mirage has several nice restaurants. Ate at Portofino - at the bar - and had delicious fish. The service was very good. I had initially gone to Stacks and sat at the bar for 5 minutes and was not waited on so left and went to Portofino. Checkout was easy - done electronically so no need to wait in line I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I am glad you were comfortable during your business trip! I am sorry about the lack of shade at the pool, but glad you enjoyed our other amenities. Were you here during one of our conventions? Please feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know more specifics of your visit. Also do not hesitate to include additional questions you have about future travels. Perhaps a vacation is in the works sometime soon?
Tsid
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I attended a conference at the MIrage and chose to stay here. I have been at other hotels on the strip. But the Mirage was centrally located and offered many great dining options. The rooms were nice, spacious, and clean. Had no issues and all the staff was very friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank tahmeenas
I am thrilled you enjoyed our property during your conference! Which convention were you here for? Did you get the opportunity to see any shows when you were not in business meetings? You can email answers to my questions to TripAdvisor@mirage.com :). It is fantastic our staff was so friendly and helpful during your entire visit and I am happy you enjoyed our restaurants. I hope to hear from you regarding more details about your trip, and perhaps we will see you again soon?