“One of the Best on the Strip”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #49 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Mirage is one of the best hotels on the strip. The rooms are very nice. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Only thing is the bathroom in a standard room is a bit small, but its fine. The pool is awesome, ample seating and great drinks. The casino is good, the Sports Book is much improved with a new Sony 4K Screen.It's huge. Staff there is extremely friendly. They have restaurants for everybody and there all good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Richard J
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

I am sorry the bathroom in your room was small, please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you plan to return to The Mirage and I will help you book a Resort Tower King room that has a larger bathroom. I am glad the rest of your visit was good and you enjoyed our pool and Race & Sports Book. Which restaurants did you try while you were here? Did you see any shows? Please do not hesitate to reach out to me, I would be thrilled to hear more details of your visit. I look forward to hearing from you!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,442)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Everything at Mirage, from valet to room service is perfect and makes you feel special in your vacation. I love the casino area is so well organized and the pool..this pool is the best and nicest on the world... Yes , on the world!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

WOW!! This review about our pool is amazing! While I have heard it is the best in Vegas, even the best on the west coast, I have never been as honored as I am now to hear you say it is the best in the world. I am so happy it wasn't just the pool that was perfect during your stay. Please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com with any more details of your wonderful vacation, I would love to hear what shows you saw or restaurants visited. Thank you so much for your review and I hope to hear from you soon!!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our room was the highlite of our six night stay (April 13-19). 25th floor, corner room with a spectacular view, mainly because of the EXCELLENT pre-service delivered by Mrs Jennifer L. King. We had the privilege to meet her at the end of our week, she is the young (and beautiful) lady who comments the reviews on Tripadvisor and I can garantee she will do what ever is possible to make you happy, You are very professional, Jennifer, Thank you again...

For the rest of this vacation, some highs and lows for the four of us; my sister and her husband had an issue with their room but the Hotel did their best to find a solution and they actually did, upgrading them to a wonderful suite (I saw it: W-O-W). Sister and hubby were also both sick after eating "smoked meat" at the Carnegie, but overall and since we ate the majority of our meals at the Hotel, I would qualify the food as pretty good (way too large portionssss, though waste waste waste!!!!)

Losing, at lot at their Black Jack tables was the very low point of our trip. No luck for the whole week, so be very careful. I also found "M Life" not generous as I'm a 25$ PLUS player (around 40$ average bet) and played for 40 hours plus and they were not even able to give us 300$ for comps. For this particuar reason, I'll have to evaluate other options when we will think of returning in Sin City...

Overall: a 4 1/2 rating, as they rate it on aircanadavacations,

Room Tip: Go high with a strip view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! As Jennifer's Team Leader, I am so happy to hear that she was this fabulous - I think the world of her as well and she definitely makes The Mirage an even more enjoyable place to stay, play, and even work. I am really sorry to hear about the experience you had at Carnegie Deli and the blackjack tables were equally as brutal for you - maybe the next visit your luck will take a turn for the better? Again thank you for your feedback and I have made sure Jenn was properly recognized for her efforts. I hope we get the chance to see you again.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Rooms were large and airy. We stayed on the 17th floor and had a nice view of the mountains. Long corridors so requesta low numbered room if you can't or don't want to have a long walk from the elevator. Rooms were very quiet also, almost too quiet.
Sunday brunch at the buffett was pretty good, but a little pricey, but then again it is Vegas.

Room Tip: Low numbered room if you have trouble walking or don't want a long walk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I am really sorry if your room was at the end of the hallway. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you plan to return to The Mirage and I will ensure you have a lowered number room close to the elevators (still with a great view though). I am happy you enjoyed brunch at Cravings Buffet and am curious as to what else you did while you were here. I would LOVE if you emailed me and let me know. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Went to Mirage for our 41st anniversary and were lucky enough to get a great rate on a Tower Suite for seven nights. We have stayed at most of the properties on the strip and find the quality of accommodations and value that we have gotten from Mirage to be unbeatable. The suite is very large with a great living area, mini fridge, dining area (that we rarely use) and terrific bedroom, bath and closet. The floor to ceiling windows are fabulous and the service we have received from the vast majority of employees at Mirage is top notch....friendly, helpful, use your name....they are doing a lot of things right at the Mirage. To be fair, there is an occasional blip on the radar screen and this time it happened at the Carnegie Deli.....Packed like sardines, overpriced menu and we never got waited on after 15 minutes....so, sayonara Carnegie. But that does not eclipse the great experience....from delightful check in to great housekeeper, bellman and valets, we had a fabulous time. If we can get the rates we got for that suite, we will go back again and again...thanks Mirage and Relita.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Happy (belated) 41st anniversary! I am sorry about your disappointing experience at Carnegie Deli, but am glad it did not put too big a damper on your celebration. It is wonderful you LOVED your suite and experienced top notch service from all of our staff. I have actually forwarded this review to Relita, so she will know what a fabulous impact she had on your visit. Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share more details of your stay or already have dates set for your return. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ultimately situated in the most desirable part of the strip, excellent room, impeccable buffet - truly magical in every respect! I have stayed in many hotels on and off of the strip but the Mirage was surprisingly affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It is wonderful we provided you with a magical experienced during your stay. Do you think we are giving Disneyland (the most magical place on earth) a run for it's money? I am thrilled you enjoyed Cravings Buffet and found our property so affordable. I would LOVE to hear more details of your visit or your plans for future Vegas travels so please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I would recommend anyone to stay here the staff are so friendly the bell men are so helpful the maids are great the casino is excellent . One thing I would say is don't go to the buffet it's not value for money and the other restaurants in the hotel aren't great either (not to my taste) the coffee in Carnegie deli is very weak and I didn't enjoy breakfast, we also had dinner at the Chinese fin and that was not impressive. Overall the place is great the rooms are huge and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2014

While I am thrilled you LOVED our staff and hotel, I am sorry you did not enjoy the dining options at our property or on the strip. Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you are planning to return so I can help you find eateries you might enjoy more. I am glad your disappointment with our restaurants did not deter you from having a fabulous stay and I do hope to hear from you about your future Vegas travels!