“A magical experience”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ultimately situated in the most desirable part of the strip, excellent room, impeccable buffet - truly magical in every respect! I have stayed in many hotels on and off of the strip but the Mirage was surprisingly affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

It is wonderful we provided you with a magical experienced during your stay. Do you think we are giving Disneyland (the most magical place on earth) a run for it's money? I am thrilled you enjoyed Cravings Buffet and found our property so affordable. I would LOVE to hear more details of your visit or your plans for future Vegas travels so please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I would recommend anyone to stay here the staff are so friendly the bell men are so helpful the maids are great the casino is excellent . One thing I would say is don't go to the buffet it's not value for money and the other restaurants in the hotel aren't great either (not to my taste) the coffee in Carnegie deli is very weak and I didn't enjoy breakfast, we also had dinner at the Chinese fin and that was not impressive. Overall the place is great the rooms are huge and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2014

While I am thrilled you LOVED our staff and hotel, I am sorry you did not enjoy the dining options at our property or on the strip. Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you are planning to return so I can help you find eateries you might enjoy more. I am glad your disappointment with our restaurants did not deter you from having a fabulous stay and I do hope to hear from you about your future Vegas travels!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Clean, friendly staff, Japanois restaurant was a great experience for us…pricey but worth it. We were not able to try their Buffet cause they close at 9pm. My sister and I checked in on a Monday and checked out Thursday …it was just right ..not too crazy busy...

Room Tip: we stayed on the 15th floor with nice view…our booking was originally for one king size bed, but I a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

I am so happy you enjoyed Japonais! I will definitely have to make it a priority to eat there since I've been seeing so many fantastic reviews. I am glad your visit was just right and not too busy. If you want to provide more details of your stay, or have dates in mind for a future visit (next time you will hopefully get to try Cravings buffet) please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We only paid $77+tax and resort fee for the room on a weekday in Apr which we think is great value of the price. We think the price on a weekend could be over $200. Room is very clean and modern remodelled which even my husband said "he likes the room".(He doesn't say these things a lot)

Location is center of the strip which is super convenient walking to everything and all other hotels. I chose it over MGM mainly because it's location is much better. Starbucks is in the hotel which is easy to grab coffee in the morning.

My husband and I both agree we will definitely stay here again if they have such a good price again.

If you want to try some special tacos(tongue, brain, head, stomach, etc), don't forget to walk 15 mins north of the strip to Taco El Gordo. It's super cheap and food is great and quite some experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa812_12
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

I am impressed you discovered Tacos El Gordo! That is one of those hidden local hot spots! I LOVE hearing both you and your husband liked your room and am thrilled you had such a fantastic nightly rate. Definitely email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you have more details of your visit (did you try any of our restaurants?) or if you have questions about future travels. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The location of the mirage was perfect very central can walk to a lot of hotels and shows ! The volcano show out side the mirage is a must see very neat ! We went to the blt burger in the mirage very great service and good food ! Pool at the mirage was great lots of lounge chairs to sun tan :) we went into the secrete garden and watched dolphins and tigers worth the small amount of money !
Few things I noticed that bothered me were
The room spelled very musty
You have to walk through the casino to get to the elevators to your room far distance...
The charge every day of 28 dollars to the room was a unexpected surprise it's a mandatory free for all mirage guests :( it's adds up !!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I am sorry about the musty smell in your room and unexpected resort fees. Would you mind emailing Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and room number? I would like to reach out to you directly about your stay and make sure the room you occupied is not musty for the next guest. I am happy the rest of your stay was good and that you liked BLT Burger. I LOVE their hamburgers and it is the only place in town where I will order a milkshake (they are THAT good). I do hope to hear from you, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

we stayed at a few hotels and casinos in vegas but the mirage is # 1 in our places to stay so far. very friendly, helpful and courteous. was complementary upgraded to tower resort king room. best view of strip and pools. thanks again Mirage for my wife and i stay on our special vacation together!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

I am thrilled The Mirage is #1 on your Vegas places to stay! It is wonderful you felt so special during your vacation with your wife. Hopefully you will keep coming back to our property and won't have to give any other Vegas hotels a try! If you want to share more details of your visit such as what restaurants you ate at or which shows you saw, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would love to hear from you!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We are not really gamblers so the casino was a none issue.
This is a 4 star/5 star hotel. Nice accommodations and furnishings throughout. Rooms come with a nice fridge- but beware. They are completely stuffed with items the hotel wants you to buy. You can't put your own stuff in them or they charge you a $35 restocking fee. On top of the fridge is a nice tray of munchies, chips, water, peanuts, etc. DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!. They are on a scale and if removed you just bought a $5 5oz bag of peanuts.
Pool is excellent- lots of sun and palm trees.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I am sorry about the sensitivity of the mini bar, you weren't charged for anything you didn't remove were you? Email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know. As for the pool, I have to agree with you, it is the best on the strip! Doesn't it feel like you are in Hawaii out there? I hope you plan to return to The Mirage soon, please feel free to let me know when you do, and do not hesitate to fill me in on more details of your past visit!