“Central - no in room tea or coffee”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #43 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Central - no in room tea or coffee”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel and the cravings restaurant has to be visited at least once. As a Brit I did miss not having tea or coffee facilities in the room. For us it is standard and a morning necessity! For the price I feel it should have been included. The toiletries are OK. The carpet had specks of dirt on it. It wasn't that it wasn't hoovered (vacuumed) we saw it done but I think the machine was poor.

That said we loved the fact it was central and it has a nice ambience. The bathroom in a tower room is roomy, and had a deep bath which I loved and a separate shower. And I could sit down to do my make up with fabulous lighting. Now you don't get that that often. The roasted Bean cafe in the hotel mall is better than Starbucks to meet the early morning caffeine need. It has a French feel to it.

The staff are friendly and helpful. We will be going back and taking our own water!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
I am sorry about the specks of dirt on your carpet and that you missed your coffee and tea in the morning. As a daily coffee drinker myself I completely understand how frustrating it is when you don't get to enjoy that first morning cup. I am glad, however, you liked our central location and your room's bathtub. What type of room did you have? Email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know. I LOVE how you enjoyed The Roasted Bean, did you try any of their pastries? Please do not hesitate to contact me, I would enjoy hearing more about your visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon over new year and it was fantastic when they were aware it was our honeymoon we got up graded to a higher room with a better view.
I would def recommend this hotel it's a fantastic location and very reasonable.
Can't wait to go back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Wow! I am so glad you chose to stay at The Mirage for such a special occasion and that you had a wonderful time! I just returned from my honeymoon and would LOVE to hear more about what you did while you were here. Please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently stayed at the Mirage for the first time for a bachelor party. I have been to vegas several times previously and needless to say this will be the last time I stay at the Mirage. We gambled at the card tables for over two hours before a server would assist us. The pool heater was broken and the water was freezing. No mention of this was made to us on check in or prior to our arrival. The halls outside the rooms were filled with teenagers yelling and banging on the walls at all hours of the night , when we complained to the front desk they offered no help. Buffet was a dump and the food was terrible. Also I have read some of the negative review on Trip advisor regarding the Mirage and inevitably the management will leave some lame excuse to email them at tripadvisor@mirage.com and how they want to remedy the situation. Well I did and they never emailed me back or called me eventhough I gave them my number. Of all the places in Vegas this is the worst!!!!! Do Not stay here, Ballys, Mandalay, Cesears are all much nicer and more affordable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank mike h
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I am so sorry about your disappointing stay. I am happy my Guest Relations team has connected with you regarding the issues you encountered while you were here. I really hope we get the opportunity to see you again in the future.
madison, wi
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at the Mirage April 13-16th for my husbands 50th and had a great time! After reading many reviews on tripadvisor I noticed that the Guess Relations Coordinator had assisted in many of the requests, I decided to email them and ask for assistance in getting a room upgrade for my husbands 50th! I received an email back and was offered an upgrade to a Resort King! I would like to personally thank Jennifer King for all of her help!

When we arrived we were checked in quickly and greeted with a smile from the reservations customer service. We were given a room on the 25th floor. I'm not thrilled with heights or elevators so I was a bit hesitant. But, my husband was thrilled with the surprise upgrade so we heading over to the elevators. On the way over to the elevators we noticed the Mlife counter. Since we had been a My Vegas Slots player and had a couple of free buffets to collect, we headed on over to the desk. We were once again greeted with a smile and immediately our free buffets were added on to our new mlife card! Wow, everything was going as planned and the trip was off to a great start!

Over to the elevators. Floors 24 and 25 had their own private elevators. Stepping in and quickly up to the 25th floor with no stops in between! Wow, I'm over my fear of the 25th floor! On to our room. Great room with shower/jetted tub. We didn't spend much time in the room during the day, but at night we had a great view of the Mirage volcano's once we returned. Once again, thank you Jennifer for the great upgrade!

The location on the strip is great! We needed a couple of items and found a Walgreen's that had everything that we needed a couple of blocks down!

We didn't have much luck at the casino (we're slot players mainly) but seemed like the craps players were having a great time! Luckily enough my husband and I both ended up winning on slots waiting for our plane on the way home! Didn't get rich, but headed home with more money than we both expected! The trip was a great success!

The Mirage's great Customer Service (and the location on the strip) is what set's this hotel apart from others on the strip! . Everyone was great that assisted us when we needed anything and we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The 24th or 25th floor is great because of the view and the private elevators! I believe all or mos...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wine4501
I am thrilled your visit was flawless and your hubby had a fantastic birthday! It is wonderful you enjoyed the Resort Tower King room (and got over your fear of the 25th floor). I LOVE how you enrolled in our M life program! Now that you are going to start receiving some fantastic promotional emails, you will have even more reason to return to our property! I am really happy our staff was wonderful in all departments you encountered and that you even left with more money than you expected. Please of course email Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you want to talk more about your visit and keep us posted about future travels. I am sure we will see you soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here on my way to and from Utah from the Vegas airport. Room was very clean, casino had a great atmosphere, and the erupting volcano out from is well worth it :)

Apparently it's got the hottest club in town, too, (One Oak) though that wasn't on my agenda!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I am happy you felt so comfortable when you stopped here on your way to and from Utah! How long did you stay with us? It is wonderful you enjoyed our famous Volcano show and our clean rooms. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you want to provide more details of your visit or have questions about a future one. I hopefully will hear from you soon!
Milford, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I thought the mirage was going to be really nice place to stay especially since it was almost double the price the week that my wife and I went. My first issue was that we arrived around 11am and check-in was not until 3PM. I was hoping to be able to get our room early but the room was not available until 4:30PM. I was told I would receive a discount since the room was not ready, but when I checked my bill there was no discount. Upon getting to the room on the second floor which has a view of a wall. I was further disappointed. The cleaning staff was polite and did a good job at cleaning the room. I was hoping the room had a refrigerator and it did but it was filled with the small liquor bottles and if you moved any of them you had to pay for them. I decided to try the buffet since I heard they were all good and it said $16 for take out I figured it would not be much more expensive to eat in...wrong...it was $65 for two people. Golden Coral has better food than the Mirage's buffet (Cravings). If I go back to Las Vegas I will not be staying at the Mirage.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew S
Thank you so much for informing me about the issues occurring during your stay. I am really sorry you were not able to get into your room until 4:30 pm and that you were disappointed with Cravings Buffet. Was your discount ever honored before you checked out? Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know. When you email, please also send me your contact information so I can reach out to you directly and we can make this right. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been to Vegas before and stayed at The Mirage on the recommendation of friends. I was not disappointed. I was in Vegas with some friends for a ladies weekend. We all shared a room and it worked out great. This hotel is in a great location on The Strip. The rooms are very spacious, clean and modern. There is a ton of storage in the room, great products (LOVED the body lotion), amazing water pressure in the shower and excellent appliances (high end iron and hair dryer). Tons of great mirrors too for lots of ladies getting ready for a night on the town at once! The BEST part is the beds! They are SO comfortable! The pool is a highlight for sure! We had amazing service from beginning to end - from check in, to waitstaff at the pool, to check out. I highly recommend The Mirage. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MNGal31
I am thrilled you were not disappointed with our property! It sounds like you had a fantastic ladies weekend and I am happy our amenities and staff helped make it so wonderful. If you want to provide more details of your visit or have questions about future ones, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!