“Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed 5 nights and found this a comfortable place. Room was clean and quiet. Desk service was efficient and friendly.Great location. Lobby / casino was smoky and the perfumed air got old but I imagine it is very difficult to maintain a clean balance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I’m sorry the lobby and casino had that mix of smoke/perfume smell during your stay. However, I am happy you enjoyed our front desk staff’s friendliness and efficiency. Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you want to provide more details of your stay such as what shows you saw or where you ate. I would LOVE to hear more about your visit as well as if you are planning any future ones!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,397)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We try and visit Vegas about once a year and stay at different hotels each time. Have stayed at Circus Circus (not again), Paris (twice), Flamingo, Aria and Elara. While we have never stayed at the Mirage, it is our favorite place to eat, drink, gamble and see shows! The LOVE show is the best on the strip. And BLT Burger has the best burgers and shakes in town. Cravings buffet is as good as the Bellagio buffet, and a bit cheaper. The casino is beautiful and smells great. The attendants at the Mlife desk are friendlier than at any other MGM property. The drink service is fair in comparison to other properties. If we can get a good deal, the Mirage will definately be where we stay when we visit this year (October)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica D
I LOVE the milkshakes at BLT burger! I’m glad you enjoy our restaurants, shows and gaming. I would be SO happy if you decided to stay with us next time you are in Vegas! Since you already enjoy all of our amenities, why not give our rooms a try too? Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your dates in October and I can help book your reservation!
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Long review and long overdue!
Stayed at the Mirage from Jan. 21 – 26. Got a pretty good deal on expedia and went for our 20th anniversary. This was our first time in Las Vegas. You can’t ask for a better location. Right in the center of the Strip within walking distance to other hotels, restaurants and bars. The Mirage is an older property (relative to resorts like the Bellagio and Venetian), but for the price you couldn’t go wrong. We had a Strip view (25th floor-killer view) overlooking the volcano (which “goes off” every hour in the evening until 11 p.m.). Our room was nice, an average hotel room, but it worked for us. Like other reviewers have stated, the rooms are quite a distance from the elevators. That didn’t bother us; it gave you a nice workout. But, if you have difficulty walking, you should ask for a room close to the elevators.

Everything on the Strip is expensive! 20-30% more than home. This includes restaurants, drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Bring a collapsible cooler (no refrigerator in the rooms). We have a rolling coller. Just took the insulated pack off, folded it up and packed it. Filled it with plastic, freezer bags of ice from the ice machine. Bought liquor, water and snacks at Walgreens across the street from Mirage. You could also buy fruit, salad and sandwiches there at a relatively reasonable price. Open the mini-bar at your own risk! Expensive as in most hotels. Just don’t open it unless you really intend to consume something. They’ll charge you.

There are several restaurants in the Mirage. We ate at BLT Burger-great burgers and fries and the Carnegie Deli-huge, but delicious deli sandwiches (one sandwich is easily shared by 2 people), breakfast was good (human size plate this time!). In the mornings we had coffee from the Starbucks in the hotel (no coffee makers in the rooms). We happened to have a Starbucks gift certificate which came in handy. Also, we had coffee and pastries from the Roasted Bean in the hotel.

The Staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone always greeted us and had a smile. Any questions we had were welcomed. We got their MLife card which tracks your spending, gambling and gives you points. Use the card at the shows, restaurants and stores (we did receive some discounts in the stores) in the Mirage. Also, the card to gamble at other casinos on the Strip. Takes only a minute to get it at check-in.

Shows: We saw the Beatles-Love. Very good. Acrobats and music were great. Nice that it was in the hotel. Also, in the Mirage was Siegfried and Roy’s-Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. Nice way to spend a few hours. Enjoyed seeing the white tigers, lions and leopards. Dolphins did tricks. Actually met Siegfried! Very gracious. Took pics with lots of people at the show.

Other restaurants we went to:
Ruth Chris’ Steakhouse. Right across from the Mirage in Harrah’s. Had a great meal, petite filets with shrimp. Since it was our anniversary, they gave us a complimentary dessert.
Mon Ami Gabi (in the Paris hotel). French bistro which was delicious. Highly recommend for dinner. Also, had a drink at the bar in the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. What a beautiful place. Gorgeous views. Go for dinner (if you have lots of cash) or just a drink.
Taqueria Canonita (in the Venetian). Had lunch, great quacamole and quesadillas. Overlooked the “canal” and the gondolas.
Margaritaville. What can I say? It was Margaritaville! Good lunch, nonetheless.
Went to Mandalay Bay to see Shark Reef. Lots of sharks and other fish. Able to pet the stingrays. Was worth the trip.

Went to Hoover Dam. Impressive. Not too far from Vegas and gave us the opportunity to see the area outside of town. We booked with Sweet Tours. The driver was very knowledgeable and learned a lot about Vegas history (if you’re into that sort of thing). The bus picked us up at the hotel directly, but on the way back, I think we stopped at every hotel on the Strip! We would have liked to do another tour, but just didn’t have the time.

Just going into the other hotels and looking around was lots of fun! Venetian was just beautiful as was the Bellagio. See the fountain show at the Bellagio at night. Really great.

Went to Old Vegas. Took the Deuce bus to the Freemont Street Experience. Very convenient and much less than a taxi. “Experience” it was. Crazy place. Loads of people and street performers. Ate at the Triple 7 Restaurant & Brewery at the Main Street Station Casino. Food and drink much more reasonably priced than the Strip. Had a good time at the Golden Nugget which was a lot nicer than we expected. Went to Binions which is a real dive, but they had an Elvis “museum”. They have quite a collection of memorabilia. It was fun.

Day pass on the Deuce is $8 per person. Very convenient if you are going to opposites ends of the Strip. They also have multi-day passes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank katieroc
It is fantastic you took advantage of the Deuce bus! It has become a very popular form of transportation around the Strip and it picks up right in front of our hotel. I’m a little bit jealous you met Siegfried! I’ve worked here for a bit now and have still never met him! I am happy we delivered you a dream visit and you were able to have so much fun while you were here. Feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com with tips on how you squeezed so many adventures into your vacation, I’m going on my honeymoon at the end of the month and need to know how to schedule my time! Hopefully I will hear from you soon!
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Enjoyed everything about staying here, room, pool, dining, etc. Basically came to see the cirque show Love. Other than food being overpriced for the most part I enjoyed everything about this hotel and the fact that the size of it wasn't overwhelming. Great location and near a lot of good hotels as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy you enjoyed everything about your stay, although I’m sorry you found the food overpriced. How did you enjoy The Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil show? Do you have any plans to return to The Mirage in the future? I would LOVE to hear more about your last visit as well as details of any upcoming ones so please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Silvis, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Even by Las Vegas standards it was a busy week in town. I was even asked if I would consider an upgrade to the Bellagio sister property, as all rooms were sold. My plans included reservations nearer to the Mirage and we elected to stay at the Mirage for four nights. I am quite pleased we did. At no time did I feel crowded or deal with lines of any consequence even at the ever popular Carnegie deli. Staff were cheerful, rooms were clean, and amenities for the most part worked very well. I will mention slow wireless internet and/or range of routers from our room on floor 24. This is part of the dreaded "resort fee", so c'mon!
One other note to the mgmt: Please add bedside and room A/C outlets! Especially for charging both business and pleasure electronics. Most traveling hotels have lamp base or aux outlet boxes bedside for phones and tablets.
I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Vegas. For us it was a good place to eat, a good mix of people, and both of us were comfortable at all times inside the buildings or out at the pools.

Room Tip: 24th/25th floors as well as suites have express elevators
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry about the WiFi not working properly in your room. I promise we are taking steps to improve the internet service around the property. It is awesome how much you enjoyed your stay with us and did not feel the casino crowded during such a busy time. Also thank you for the suggestion about more outlets near the lamps! I LOVE hearing from guests what they would like to see improved. If you want to provide more feedback from your visit or have any more suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been visiting Las Vegas for more than 18 years. Through dedicated customer service staff, top-shelf amenities, an amazing pool, a relaxing spa, an energetic casino floor and delicious food, The Mirage has earned my repeat business time and time again. I am far from a high roller, yet every time I visit (which is about once a year), I leave The Mirage feeling special.

To expand a bit, Vegas is full of gorgeous casinos, but it really is the people that make the difference for me at The Mirage. For previous trips to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, their staff has taken an extra step to make the visit special, either with a bottle of champagne or a welcome tweet or even a birthday card (seriously, I got two or three cards delivered to my room from different teams while celebrating my 30th last year). And when I have run into the occasional hiccup on vacation (for example, requested a room on a low floor and was booked on a higher floor) the Mirage staff is attentive and helpful. Whether it's the team at the front desk, their social media crew or the concierge, they quickly and effectively engage me like I'm a human being and fix the situation swiftly.

Having stayed elsewhere on The Strip in the past, The Mirage is now the only hotel I even consider when making reservations. Between the central location, the gorgeous property and the staff, you just cannot pick a better spot in Sin City.

Room Tip: Layout-wise and noise-wise, all of the rooms are fabulous. Rooms facing the strip or the pool have a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colby R
WOW! I am so proud to be a member of The Mirage team right now. It is heartwarming to hear how special your visits have been and how much our staff has helped make them that way. We strive to be the friendliest casino on the strip and it sounds like we have succeeded. I hope you keep me informed to when you are planning your return to Vegas, you can email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, I would be happy to help answer questions you have about bookings. Also, please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any more details of your past stay you would like to add. I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Lady Lake, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Loved my visit. Booked two suites in the Towers...they were super clean and had a fantastic view...loved being treated as a special guest..as my friend said...a rock star...the room service was exceptional and the shows fantastic..overall a great time had by all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
That is awesome you felt like a rock star during your stay! I am so happy you were treated so well, enjoyed your suites and loved your views. I really hope you are planning to return to Vegas, if you are please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.