“Great Spot in Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Spot in Vegas”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mirage on our annual Vegas trip and we loved it! The lobby and floor was easy to navigate, we had a great view of the strip, and the pool was ok. The pool chairs are a bit close together so get out early and find a spot, with a table. Rhumbar was a cool spot to people watch. I really enjoyed the buffet. We also hit up the Revolution Lounge after the MJ One show. We will be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Rhumbar is a great place to sit and relax, and you can’t ask for better people watching than in Vegas. Do you know when you are coming back? You can keep us updated about your return visit or provide more details of your past one by emailing Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hopefully I will hear from you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Traveling to Las Vegas for a one day conference in the Mirage was a great experience. The meetings were awesome. The catering by Mirage for the meetings during the day was superb. The breakfast at the Carnegie Deli was awesome. Service was great, as was the food. I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I’m so glad you were comfortable and cared for during your conference. You probably know by now (from my past review responses) how much I love Carnegie Deli so I will absolutely agree with you on its awesomeness. Please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you want to provide more details of your stay, I would love to hear them.
PA
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

After extensive research on various hotels in Las Vegas, I decided on the Mirage to celebrate my husband's and my second year anniversary, and I'm so glad we did! We stayed at the Mirage from Feb 23 - Feb 28 and had booked a tower resort king room. Millie at the front desk did everything possible to get us an upgrade to help us celebrate as it was our first time there, but unfortunately the hotel was at capacity. She did secure us a wonderful room on the 25th floor directly in front of the volcano...our room and view were both beautiful! I had seen the rooms online via virtual tour but they were even more beautiful in person (I wish I could've taken the bathroom home with me!). I loved the separate shower and soaking tub and we got plenty use out of the beautiful marble his/her sink.

I was a little leery about the cleanest of the room and the promptness of the staff based on some the reviews I read, but we didn't encounter any issues. Contrary to some reviews, here is our experience: Upon arrival (1130 am) our room was not quite ready so we left our bags with the Bell desk and went to lunch at their buffet - Cravings (which we got for free thanks to my loyalty points playing MyVegas). We ate and drink mimosas and relaxed until we got a text that our room was ready right before 3 PM. We went right up and the bellhop came promptly with our bags once we called them. On the second day there, I found that the tub stopper was broken so I called the front desk, and almost before I could hang up the phone maintenance was knocking on the door! He had the problem fixed in less than 20 minutes! Housekeeping came every day, they were prompt and everything was left neat and clean.

We had tickets to see Boyz II Men on the night of our arrival, the Concierge, Mlife and Box Office staff were all very friendly, helpful and resourceful. In fact we did not encounter one rude staff during the entire stay! So much so I rarely left the hotel on the last two days. It was nice to relax at the pool (which was freezing even though it was advertised as being heated) after being out on the strip or going on tours. Vegas is such a large, busy and sometimes hostile place, that it can take a lot out of a person. I was more content to stay close to the hotel. I also am in need of a double hip replacement and didn't realize how much walking was involved with going to Vegas so by the third day there I was literally hunched over with pain. One of the casino staff noticed my limp and called the concierge desk to arrange for me to have a wheelchair. Unfortunately I didn't get his name.

If I had to sum up my entire experience it would all be wrapped up in the staff at the Mirage. Everyone was so very helpful, so polite and so willing to go out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. Im not a fan of Vegas itself but I LOVE the Mirage! I left feeling pampered and special.

And the only con I can think of -if you can even call it a con - is that the mattress and pillows were too soft. I like my mattress firm but that's just a choice, so I can't call that a complaint!

Here is a list of some notable staff members; I'm sorry if I didn't catch everyone's name or I didn't write the name down correctly but everyone was nice:

Josh - Conceirge
Millie - Check in
Mark - Mlife
Don (Dan?)- Box Office

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stacey N
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I am literally speechless at how AMAZING your trip was! It makes me happy to hear you were treated like royalty, enjoyed all of our amenities, and loved your room. I assure you, I have sent this review over to the departments mentioned so the outstanding members of our team can be recognized. However, I am really sorry for your experience with the mattresses. Next time you visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I will request a bed board for you so your mattress will be a bit firmer. Experiences such as yours are what we strive for on a daily basis and I am so happy we got it right for you. Please stay in touch and we will see you soon!
San Clemente, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Love the Mirage. From the pool to the location to the tables. All top notch. Rooms are clean and well appointed. The M life card provides great discounts. We will return soon. This was an old mans bachelor party, and the two bedroom suite was amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dennis Z
I LOVE THIS!! Way to follow in the footsteps of Morgan, Michael, Robert and Kevin! I assume unlike them, you booked your reservation before you arrived though? Or maybe not? Haha I’m just kidding but I am really happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of being an M Life member. Please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you want to provide more details of your past visit or have any questions about future bookings! Maybe next time you are here the Last Vegas crew will be as well!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I can to Las Vegas for a business trip.
I probably should begin by saying that I do NOT like coming to Vegas and only come when required for business/conventions/conferences. I have stayed at the Wynn and Encore many times. This was my first stay at the Mirage and I was not pleased:
1. rooms OK. carpets could use some refreshing. Bath amenities are stingy. bathroom is small.Rooms just average for Vegas standards.
2. client service - very poor. its not that anyone was blatantly rude or obnoxious - they are just over jammed, very busy and wont bother with anything.
Example - arrived first night late. I had a mix-up with my reservation, as it was made through the conference organizer and they messed. The hotel told me they only had a room on the 2nd floor. In Vegas - second floor is not for me. then they found something on the 4th floor - but only handicap access. I just do not believe that they were otherwise booked out. I think they just did not want to upgrade - so they opted to give a guest a crappy room. They when I switched the next day, it took forever. they told me my old keys would work and were "reprogrammed" - of course not! Called front desk. Told me they were sending me security to let me into my new room. Sat in front of the room door with my bags for 15 min. finally called again and asked to be connected to security directly. They had never gotten the original request......
Again - no one blatantly rude, but you just get the sense that it is a factory here.
Linens are also scratchy.
did not love this place at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
What a really disappointing stay. I’m sorry about the lack of attention you suffered and how difficult it was to not only check in but get your room changed. The lack of care you were given clearly did not help a stressful business trip feel any more relaxing. I hope you will reach out to me directly at Tripadvisor@mirage.com so we can discuss these issues. Also, I have forwarded this review to our Front Desk Management Team. I hopefully will talk to you soon.
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We visit Vegas regularly and always stay at a MGM Resorts property. We usually visit the Mirage during our trips but this was our first time staying at the Hotel. We arrived early, around 10am, and the check-in line was not very long. Check-in was a breeze and the desk clerk was very helpful. One thing to note: If you check in with a debit card they will put $100 on the card in addition to the resort fee then refund the $100 when you check out providing there is no "incidental" charges. This is a pretty standard practice with debit card check ins but it is something to be aware of.
We took a room that was ready on the 6th floor but we were offered the option of waiting until a room on a higher floor was ready so we could have a better view but we wanted to freshen up and drop our bags. The room was very clean, comfortable and had plenty of space. The closet was very roomy. The room was equipped with very nice toiletries, Iron & Ironing board, very nice blow dryer and a in-wall safe. We never had any noise issues throughout our 5 day stay. It appears that most of the rooms have a adjoining door to the room next door but it was not a issue for us. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The shower had very hot water, real hot..be careful. The rooms have a window that opens so it was nice to get that desert air in the mornings this time of year. a large flat screen w/plenty of channels and the clock radio w/USB hub was a nice touch. All of the staff we came in contact with were very pleasant and helpful.
Location, Location, Location. The Mirage is right next to Caesars Palace and the Forum Shops. There is a tram to Treasure Island located outside the main entrance. Once you are at TI the Fashion Show mall is just a short walk away. You are right in the heart of the action here and if you do not rent a car you would be hard pressed to find a better location. There is a monorail station across the street at Harrahs if you want to go north or south on the strip if your feet hurt, which they will.
I would be hard pressed to come up with anything we didn't like about our stay but I will try. The tub had some hard water stains, the kind that come over time, it was not a cleaning issue. The resort fee sucks but it is pretty standard at most hotels nowadays. This property does not have a "food court" with less expensive dining options like some Hotels. I really can not come up with anything else that might bother other travelers.
Tips: If you are on foot use the exit that is near the Carnegie Deli/BLT Burger, it takes you right out to the strip and a crosswalk to go across the street, the Forum Shops are just around the corner. There is a Planet Hollywood restaurant next door in the Forum Shops and there was always someone on the sidewalk handing out coupons for a free appetizer. If someone in your party likes chicken strips it makes for a very reasonable meal. Try the turkey club, its delicious. The Cheesecake Factory there is also very reasonable. If you need to pick up show tickets get them printed at the concierge desk in the lobby, the line is usually shorter than the Box Office. The sandwiches at the Carnegie Deli are large enough to feed two easily. Casino Royal across the street has $1.99 footlong hot dogs...I didn't eat one but they seemed popular. Get a little bit of that resort fee back by getting a "free" newspaper with your room key at the gift shop located near the elevators. The staff in the business center is very helpful with printing boarding passes and whatever else you may need. When making any type of purchase at a MGM property most places with give you a 5% discount if you show them your MLife card.
We had a wonderful stay at the Mirage and can recommend it to anyone going to Vegas.

Room Tip: If you would like a good view get a room on one of the higher floors. All the regular guest rooms ar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Danny M
I am SO impressed with the details of your review! I’m not sure where to even start! Let’s go with how I am sorry about the water stains on the tub, do you remember what room number you were in? I would like to forward this review to Engineering and Housekeeping so they can try to fix that! I LOVE you took advantage of the tram to Treasure Island, and were even able to visit the fabulous Fashion Show Mall. I agree with you about those Carnegie Deli Sandwiches being large enough for two! Although being one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas, I’ve mastered how to make their “Ah There’s the Rueben” last me for at least 2-3 meals. I won’t even need to ask you to provide more details of your stay (since you did such a good job above) but if you want to chat more about your flight back home, when you plan to return, or even the weather, you can of course email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay. Rooms appeared recently updated, although our bathtub did have some trouble rust spots & the toilet dripped constantly. Did have to call the housekeeping twice it go get more amenities, but the place is massive. It's gonna happen. Front desk was friendly & speedy as well as the luggage storage & bellhops. Deuce stop is right in front of the hotel. Major perk! Maybe you too will run into Siegfried watching his tigers like our group did.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I am sorry about the rust spots and toilet dripping. Would you please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your room number so I can have Engineering take a look at those issues? I am glad Front Desk and Bell Desk were helpful and you took advantage of the Deuce bus. I can’t believe you got to see Siegfried! In all the time I’ve lived in Vegas I have never met him and you are now the second reviewer to mention running into him at Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat! Well I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to hearing from you!