“Nice Rooms”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alberta
“Nice Rooms”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a little last minute getaway. Check in was quick and easy, but we arrived in the evening on a Tuesday. Stayed on the 25th floor which was great because you get your own elevator that serves two floors. Overall very happy with stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingC0uple
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
It is fantastic you chose The Mirage for a getaway vacation! I am happy you stayed in one of our Resort Tower King rooms on the 25th floor. It is one of my favorite room types since it has the private elevator and larger bathroom. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you have any more details you would like to share about your visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,477)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great hotel, it is centrally located in the heart of the strip. Staff were friendly and knowledgable. The casino is always dark and not so great. Hotel room facing the strip or the volcano view is good. Breakfast is spacious and one the best on the strip.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the strip or volcano is best, ideally on higher floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JFKtravel
I am glad our staff was friendly and helped you with any questions you may have had! Our Volcano View is amazing, were you able to see the volcano show from your room? By the way, you and LolaBeach2524 are definitely on the same page sharing your LOVE of that view type! Which restaurant did you enjoy breakfast at? I would love to hear more details about your stay, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time at the Mirage and it did not disappoint. We were lucky and had three nights in a tower suite which was amazing! We were at the very end of the hall which was a long walk, but paid off with unbelievable views of both the South and North ends of the Strip! I recommend the Mirage to everyone. I think the location is great and the size of the hotel is perfect. It has a great atmosphere and a great selection of restaurants. One of my favourite spots to hang out is Rhumbar. Beautiful patio close to the strip and perfect for drinks!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IIhearttravel
Rhumbar is such a cool place to hang out! I am ecstatic you experienced the laid back atmosphere and nice patio seating during your stay. That view sounds incredible and I am glad it was worth the walk to the elevators. If you have any details of your stay you would like to add please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Killala, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

When in Vegas you don't spend much time in a hotel room however it was very enjoyable knowing going back to a clean , comfortable , stylish room . Great service is available , friendly and prompt staff . Great location , everything within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank rosman096
Isn’t having a convenient location awesome?! I love how much you enjoyed your room and that you were out and about seeing all the sights! Did you see any shows or go to any of our restaurants? I would love to hear more details of your visit so please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com!
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Check in was smooth; room was clean and comfortable, bathroom a little tight; we enjoyed the Volcano View...altho watching the volcano is more enjoyable from the front of the volcano. Have stayed at other places w. more dining options; this was rather limited. Location is good for walking to Fashion Show Mall; really enjoyed dinner at Japonais Restaurant. Convention center facilities were good; didn't use pool facilities. Staff were all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank LolaBeach2524
I am so happy you enjoyed our Volcano View! Isn’t the Volcano show amazing? Since you enjoyed Japonais, you will have to return once Masaharu Morimoto opens up his new Japanese restaurant! It is going to be fantastic. If you have any questions about future bookings, or want to provide more details about this past stay, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We decided to return to Las Vegas for our 3rd time to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday and decided on this occasion to stay at The Mirage. We paid extra for a room with premium view of the strip, however, on our arrival we found the view disappointing with hardly any cover of the strip. We raised this with the front desk and they arranged another room with a much better view very quickly. Whilst they resolved the issue quickly this did require us having to relocate in this massive hotel which in itself is no easy task, particularly when we arrived to find the keys to our new room didn't work. The new room was lovely and spacious, clean and did have the view we were expecting. On a personal note I have 2 pet hates in hotels and unfortunately The Mirage had both, these are thin toilet roll (false economy) and fixed shower heads but neither of these really impacted on our otherwise comfortable stay here.

The only other issue which soured our stay at this hotel was that I had attempted to arrange a surprise for my husbands birthday. I emailed the hotel a month before our visit with details of what I would like and asked if they could assist me. They responded to advise they could help and I asked if there was anything further I needed to do prior to our arrival and didn't receive a response. I emailed the hotel again just before we left for the US to finalise some details and they advised that I needed to call them and make payment prior to my arrival, something I couldn't do at such short notice without my husbands knowledge. I did ask if I could make a payment by Paypal but was told this was not an option. As soon as I could after our arrival I made my excuses to my husband (telling him I going to the toilet) and made way to the Concierge (for which there is always a queue!) After waiting for about 10 minutes in the queue I spoke to the Concierge, who I felt had a stinking attitude which included mocking me as I tried to explain that I was in a rush. She advised they would need at least 15 minutes to make the arrangements. I told her at this point as this was supposed to be a surprise for my husband, and at that time he thought I was still in the toilet, I couldn't spend another 15 minutes sorting this out so I couldn't proceed. I did think that maybe as a good will gesture because it was their miscommunication that had prevented me being able to give my husband the birthday surprise they would have arranged some sort of complimentary acknowledgement, such as some chocolates or balloons in the room on his birthday, but we got nothing!

A couple of other niggles were that I bought a soft drink at the pool bar which cost $4, I gave the bar man a $5 bill and he didn't even pretend to try to give me my $1 change which I felt was quite presumptuous even in the US. Also we tried the express check out, but when we checked our bill they were trying to charge us for 2 of our 6 nights. We went to reception and they did sort it out quickly but it just added yet another niggle to our stay.

Overall this is a comfortable and perfectly adequate hotel with a great position in the strip, it was just a shame they didn't get it quite right for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KGRandP
Oh No! I am so sorry about all the issues you encountered from check-in to check-out. I am extremely disappointed we did not deliver on your husband’s birthday surprise. That was such a wonderful idea on your end and I am really sad we did not deliver on ours. Are you planning to visit for his birthday next year? I would really love to make this up to you. I am also sad you had to room move your first night. I completely understand how frustrating, stressful and time consuming that can be. Please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com We will discuss options for a future visit and you can provide me with more details of this past stay. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We just got back, the room was great. The casino floor was great, so was the shows. Buffett was kinda crappy, but the rest was great. Oh they do want u to have a credit card at check in. Can't be a debt card. So FIY

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amtracker101
I am sorry you did not enjoy our buffet but am glad the rest of your stay was great! I hope you are planning to return to The Mirage again. If you have any questions about future bookings, would like to provide more details about your past visit, or simply want a better explanation as to why we cannot authorize debit cards please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.