“Great Time”

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Time”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I went to Las Vegas with another couple for three nights. We went back to the Mirage because of its convenient location in the middle of the Strip, good selection of restaurants and cafes, well-lit and clean casino, friendly staff, and large, well-appointed rooms. We had a very pleasant stay and the Mirage met all of our expectations with the exception of the quality of the food we were served at the Carnegie Deli.

1 Thank KenU725
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Oh no…I hate to hear you were disappointed with Carnegie Deli! As one of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas it makes me especially sad when a guest has a poor experience there. If you would like, please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with the issues you encountered so I can address them with our Food and Beverage team. On the other hand, I am SO happy the rest of your stay was enjoyable! Which other restaurants did you eat at? I hope you are planning a return visit soon and I look forward to speaking with you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,451)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Mirage was a good, reasonable stay for Vegas..

Pros:
*Lots to do inside of the property
*Staff Seemed friendly
*Lots of Restaurants
*Close proximity to everything
*The Volcano was cool

Cons:
*Casino wasn't that great compared to others, and drinks were scarce
*Rooms were decent size and clean, but had obvious wear (outlets were loose and scarce), rust in shower, etc..
*1 Oak promoters smh... will review 1 Oak later

Overall the Mirage was an ok hotel and the company I had made it a great Valentine's weekend, but the next time I come I will probably stay at the Aria or Wynn and spend a little more $$ for a better experience..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your room and how disappointed you were with 1OAK. I read and forwarded your full review on the problems you encountered with the promoters to 1OAK’s operations team. Even though your Valentine’s day was good, I wish we could have made it GREAT. I would love to discuss your stay with you further, so do not hesitate email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Super friendly security & check-in staff. We arrived quite early and they issued us keys and texted us with the room number when it was available. Room was just average. It was noisy, not from drunk patrons, but through the walls and plumbing from above. The sheets almost covered the mattress but not quite, and they had holes in them. The bathtub was the old style (straight back, uncomfortable). Hotel information was not provided in the room, such as where the ice machine was located, if and where there was a fitness center, and any information about the tram. (Where did it go? Was it free?) I would have expected all of this hotel information to be in the room. The “free wifi” meant zero connection at all in our room. Ever. We had dinner reservations at the Samba Steakhouse, but all-you-can-eat for $70 is not our thing and there was no regular menu for Valentine’s Day. So we went to the California Pizza instead and were much happier even though it was not the Valentine’s Day we had planned. We tried (a dozen times) to check out via the TV in our room, but “system was not available.” They must have been “connected” to their own wifi! So we had to go down to the lobby to check out. That’s when we learned of a $28 “resort fee” that everybody must pay. It seemed sleazy (but hey, this is Las Vegas) that it was never disclosed – not when I made the reservation online, not on their website, not when we checked in. We were told all the hotels on the strip charge this (but not off the strip) then why not disclose it? We will never stay here again as it was quite expensive for the outdated facilities. There are so many better choices on the strip - go elsewhere.

3 Thank Ronald K
I am so sorry to hear that we failed to provide you a dream visit. For such a special holiday to be so disappointing makes me really sad. I assure you I have forwarded this review to Housekeeping and Engineering so they can address the issues you encountered in your room. I would, however, really like to discuss your stay with you personally. Do you mind emailing Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your name and room number? I hope you are enjoying the rest of your week and when I am able to locate your reservation I will be in touch.
Richland, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First time staying at The Mirage hotel. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The location was great. There were a number of dining locations, bars, and retail outlets within the hotel. The staff was helpful and pleasant,

We enjoyed our stay and plan on visiting again.

1 Thank 77Sandra2014
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I am ecstatic you had such a wonderful vacation and felt so comfortable and accommodated. Please do not hesitate to email me further details of your visit such as which restaurants you ate at or which bars you enjoyed. My email is Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Recent convention at the Mirage. Everything worked like clockwork. From Check in to Check out, perfect trip. This is a great facility to stay at. Great rooms, food, services. Enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: Get a king bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kenn S
YAAAY! I am SO happy your trip was so perfect! What occasion brought you to Vegas? Which restaurants did you enjoy? Please feel free to email me further details of your reservation to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would love to hear more about your fantastic stay!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Fantastic Hotel with excellent spacious rooms with all modern amenities.
What a place, this Hotel was well equipped and located right in the strip. Great for families very central staff very helpful.
Eateries easily located and affordable.
Fantastic shows out front worth viewing. Very safe for families and child friendly.
Down sides:
Smoking allowed in Hotels - not good for kids as you have to walk through Casino to get to Hotel rooms.
Bell desk not very helpful in terms of assisting for maps etc seems we were interrupting their conversation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank A G
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the bell desk. Please know I have addressed this issue with the Bell Desk Management Team. It is WONDERFUL you enjoyed the family friendly atmosphere of our property. Did you visit Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat? I hope you and your family will return to our property soon. If you have any questions in the meantime, or would simply like to discuss your stay please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
so. cal
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I recently was in Vegas and stayed at the Mirage. This was first time staying there and definitely will not be my last. We asked for a room with a view, if possible and was given a pool view which was bone dry. Our room was very nice, spacious and had a very comfortable bed. Only drawback we had was the drain in the shower did not drain very fast. We did a temporary fix so that was no problem. At check I told the reservation desk about my issue with the shower and they did not hesitate not to charge me the service fee!! With customer service like that I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lakini
I am sorry about the issue with your shower but am so happy we provided you with top notch customer service when you informed us of the problem! If you have any questions or would like to discuss details of your stay with me, you can always email Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I certainly look forward to your return visit!!