“From Penthouse Suite to Standard Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #38 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbia, Missouri
“From Penthouse Suite to Standard Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the penthouse suite for 4 nights and then a standard room for 2 nights.
The Penthouse was nice. Spacious. I suspect around 1200 sq ft. Given the size, I thought it could have had more than the one bathroom but, we roughed it. :)
- Private entrance double doors
- Separate bar area complete with refrigerator and ice maker.
- Living room with sectional and 60 inch tv with sound bar. Also houses a work desk with Internet ports.
-Floor to ceiling panoramic views with electric drawn curtains.
- Dining area with 4-6 chairs.
- Large king size bedroom with chaise lounger and tv that elevates out of foot of bed. Very comfortable bedding.
- Large bathroom with 32" tv, jacuzzi tub, separate vanity area, walk in closet.
Yes it's nice but it also a tad (emphasis on tad) worn. Nothing that warrants repair just yet. You can just tell it's near needing some "fresh paint" so to speak. :)
Room service food is nothing to write home about. Save yourself some grief and order from one of the many restaurants on the casino floor. Speaking of, I ate at every one of them and they do not disappoint. If you like Sushi, Japonais is on par with being a 5 star.
Standard Room? It was nice too. Aesthetically it was appealing but simply too cramped for two when staying for 7 days in our opinion. Small bathroom. Where if you were to open the door, you would have to close it to access the shower and toilet. Simply too small.

WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL? PLEASE GIVE ME A THUMBS UP TO LET ME KNOW.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank FuninPlaya
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I am disappointed to hear room service was not up to par and that you felt confined in our standard room. Please contact me when you return so we can discuss room type options that may provide you a bit more comfort for such a long stay. I do LOVE how much you enjoyed Japonais, you will have to return once Celebrity Chef Masaharu Morimoto opens up his Japanese restaurant! Please do not hesitate to email me now, or in the future when you are returning to Vegas at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,356)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in mirage for 4 nights along with my wife for a conference
This was my second visit earlier I stayed in Venetian and in a position to compare .
Room was okay nothing spectacular , wife was disappointed as it had no hair dryer, wifi was not working for quite sometime.
Amnesties wise and service wise I would prefer Venetian.
Worse no complimentary coffe / tea maker in rooms, when even travel lodge provides one!
Very average hotel . Would not stay here again

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jasdev B
It makes me extremely sad to hear how disappointing your stay was. Traveling for business is so stressful and to have been so uncomfortable during your stay is not what I would like any guest to experience. Please check your email in the next day or two, I will personally be addressing these issues with you. In the meantime, if you think of anything else you would like to bring to my attention please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of 8 friends celebrating our 40th. Situated in a great position on the strip the hotel was great for our needs. Not as intimidating but not as top end as some others on the strip. If you're looking for a decent hotel that's not going to cost the earth in a great spot on the strip then this could be good for you. My only criticism was the bath was tiny.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob P
First of all I would like to apologize for the size of our tubs, when you decide to return to Vegas, please let me know and I can give you options about rooms with a larger bathroom. Secondly HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S)!!! It is awesome you chose The Mirage to celebrate such momentous occasions. Were you able to try any of our restaurants or see any of our shows? If you would like to share more details about your stay I would LOVE to hear them so do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Again, happy birthday!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The rooms are so comfortable! Though not brand new, they're very clean and well-appointed. They are spacious and I love that the windows open. Great to get some fresh air in a hotel. The staff clearly understands service and how to make guests feel welcomed and appreciated, even when getting a great M-life deal. Love the vibe on the casino floor. And you cannot beat the centralized location of the property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am excited to hear you enjoyed a wonderful vacation! We certainly pride ourselves in guest service and I am happy that you experienced the friendliness of our staff first hand. If you would like to tell me more about your stay, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My mom and I just checked out from a three night stay at the Mirage! We got a few free nights at thanks to MyVegas! We stayed here last year as well due to MyVegas! The Mirage doesn't disappoint! The only downside was when my mom took a Special K bar from our rooms mini bar only to find out it had expired two months ago! Other than that, terrific stay! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Haleigh R
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the mini bar. I take that concern very seriously and have already addressed the issue with our Mini Bar Management Team. I have also refunded you in full for the Special K bar you removed. I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was fantastic. MyVegas ROCKS and I am happy you were able to take advantage of your free room nights! We love to hear feedback from our loyal guests and if you have anything else you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to your MyVegas trip next year!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Vegas is not cheap - but this room was nice for the price. Room overlooking part of the strip with 2 queen beds was clean and comfortable. Staff in this place is great and helpful - we were there for a convention and they did all they could do to help us throughout our stay. We'd go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VLKenyon
I LOVE that despite being here for business you felt accommodated and comfortable. I hope the convention did not consume all of your time and that you could still try one of our restaurants or make it to one of our shows! You can always email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com if you would like to discuss your visit further. Hopefully your next visit can be for vacation!
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Was out in Las Vegas playing golf with some friends and decided to stay at the Mirage Hotel & Casino this time as per a recommendation of another friend. Glad I did. A truly wonderful hotel that is rebuilding it's brand and has some wonderful new restaurants and upgraded spa facilities. Nice Casino too. Not overly large like some of the other hotels on the strip that you need a map to find the exit or bathroom. Nice crowd of people too. Excellent service right down to Valet Parking. A pleasant surprise and had a wonderful time. Definitely will come back here again. Totally understand why my friend has used this hotel as home base for years. Great location on the strip too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tedb548
I love that you booked with us because of a friend’s referral! Who knew your golfing excursion would turn into such a fantastic getaway? We certainly make it a priority to give guests their dream vacation I am thrilled we provided you with yours. I would love to get more feedback regarding your first time visit so please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.