“Not Bad”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The rooms are clean. The hotel REALLY needs a new filtration system to mitigate some of the cigarette smoke. The smell and clouds of smoke are everywhere. The casinos and public areas are practically unbreathable. There could be more shopping and eating options as well. The hotel is pretty basic with not very many amenities and I think the resort fee is sort of unnecessary for what you get since it's really just a hotel with a casino.

Room Tip: I chose a non-smoking floor and room but it still smelled. Maybe a higher floor would be better...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage visit. I am sorry to hear about the smoke you encountered during your trip. Thank you also for your feedback about our shopping and restaurant options and the resort fee. Your experiences will assist us to improve our hotel and the amenities we offer. If you would like to share more feedback about your trip, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (18,663)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at this property from 28/12-2/01/2014.

We purchased the express check in from the website. It was $ 30, but worth every penny. The whole check in process took no more than 4 minutes.

We were assigned two connection rooms (4008-4010) The room were non smoking room. The rooms were spacious and clean. No funny smell at all, unlike some properties around the Strip. Unfortunately, because we check in late, we got rooms in the 4th floor, which did not have great view. However we thought it was not a big deal. The most important the rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom were small, but we did not spent too much time inside them anyway.

Mirage is perfect for family with children (such as us) because of their facility. The dolphin aquarium and white lion zoo (Discount for people who stay there)

The casino were pretty packed. But one thing I like about this casino is the fact that the smell of smoke is not overwhelming like any other property in that area. The position of the hotel is also perfect for the new years eve fireworks.

All in all, I can not found any problems or issues with this hotel. Especially given the price that we paid, it was all worth it.

In my opinion, one shall not have any doubt in booking with Mirage for their Las Vegas Trip.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing The Mirage to celebrate the New Year’s eve celebration with your family. I know there are many hotel choices and I am thrilled that you chose The Mirage! I am also excited that you and your family were able to enjoy our Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. If you have more to share about your Mirage holiday experience, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and recommendation!

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at the mirage, and our 5th or 6th time in Vegas. We like to stay at different hotels each time but made an exception this time because we love the mirage!
First and foremost, Beatles LOVE! Again, we have seen this show 5 times, and love it every time. Staff Is always great, drinks are good, and we love browsing through the love store. BLT burger has great food.
Our rooms both times were great, the only problem I had was our extremely drunk, loud, annoying neighbors at 3am. I understand it's Las Vegas, but have some respect. I called the front desk and they said security would come up but after 20 min I never heard anyone come and the neighbors ended up leaving their room.
All the staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The pool is large and a good temp.
Another reason we like staying here is the location on the strip. I feel it's a better walk than when we stayed at the south end (MGM or Excalibur)
Would defiantly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

AMAZING!!! Thank you for taking the time to show The Mirage some LOVE!!! I am excited that you chose The Mirage for a second Las Vegas trip! And WOW! You have seen Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil five times, that is fantastic! I appreciate your patience and I am sorry about the noise you encountered during your trip. If you have more you would like to share about any of your Mirage visits, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and recommendation! I hope we will get to welcome you back to The Mirage for a third stay!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mirage staff were all great. from check in to dealers and restaurant staff. Friendly, welcoming and warm. We had a great time at Beatles Love show and dinner at Stack. Early January was a great time for value too

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

YES!!! I love it, Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil, STACK, and friendly service with a smile! Thank you for letting me know about your Mirage visit! I am also excited to hear that you were able to take advantage of great hotel rates! If you would like to share more about your trip, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are nice as well. But a strong word of caution before considering booking a block of rooms here. Single room reservations I can't speak to. Multiple rooms reservations, I can tell you our experience. As a Top Contributor on this site, I'd like to think you want to hear about good as well as bad experiences. That's what this wonderful site is all about.

We were a party of 7 and I being the host requested 4 rooms, well in advance. "Advance" meant nothing. I told them it was for a 70th Birthday Party. When I arrived I found two of the rooms literally on the opposite ends of the hotel. This is a huge hotel and I'm estimating that distance was at least 6 football fields. The question here is a very fair one - How does their Reservation Department take a reservation and a deposit for each room and not make plans to have them side by side or at the very least in close proximity of each other? What were they thinking?

The answer I received was they could not guarantee such a request and the fact that all 4 rooms were on the same floor met my request to some extent. My suggestion is don't take these types of reservations, if you cannot honor them. There were plenty of other equally nice hotels we could have stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

I appreciate the time you took to share about your Mirage trip. I am happy that you shared your positive and negatives experiences. When we fail you, we fail ourselves and unless we know when this happens we are unable to improve our guest service. I am sorry for the inconveniences that you and your party encountered. When you are available, please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. In an effort towards improvement, I would like to personally look into your concerns. Thank you for your review and the opportunity to address your experiences.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate my son's 21st birthday in Las Vegas. We heard of the crowds that gather for the New Year's Eve celebration on Las Vegas Blvd, so we opted to reserve a room on the strip to avoid the hassle of traveling.

We never stayed at the Mirage before but opted to do so because of its location and availability of other options were at a premium due the date of our stay. The cost was considerable but we thought we would make an exception this time.

Everything about the hotel and casino was first class. Our room was clean with tasteful decor. Everywhere we visited: the lobby, the casino, elevator bank, restrooms, restaurants - everything had the appearance of care and attentiveness.

The front desk person was very friendly and quick. She left a great first impression. Housekeeping was unable to advise the cost of an item in our fully stocked fridge. The list for us to refer to must have been out of date as it liked the item in question. I was told to call another number the next morning at 8:00a because no one was in at the time. No problem except I needed it now. Fortunately when I did call the guy was friendly and advised that although I did use it, it did not show up in their electronic system so I would not be charged. He advised he would send someone up to fix that.

We were also disappointed to learn that there was no discount or benefit for guests of the hotel should they desire to see a show in the hotel (Cirque du Soleil - Beatles Love). We would pay full price, like everyone else, even to see the white tigers display.

Room Tip: We didn't request a certain room but had a sliver view of the strip if we crated our neck to the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Y H

Happy 21st Birthday to your son!!! Thank you for choosing The Mirage to celebrate your son’s special occasion and the New Year’s eve celebration! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and your interactions with all of our hotel staff. I do apologize about the delay in providing your pricing details about our refreshment center items, I appreciate your patience with us. If you have more feedback or comments to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

There's obviously a plethora of hotel options on the Vegas strip, but the Mirage had the best combination of price and location in my opinion. Being located next to Caesars Palace and Treasure Island and across the street from Harrah's and the Venetian gave plenty of gambling options within a short distance.

The 2 queen room we had overlooked the strip which was cool to see the lights and people watch when we got tired of gambling or walking around. The room was impressively large with lots of technological amenities. The major disappointments were the wireless internet, which had such a faint signal that my phone could never stay connected to it and the pillows, which were too soft making my head basically rest right on the mattress even when using 3 of them! The bathroom area was fairly small too, but was fine for my purposes.

Ate at the Carnegie Deli and California Pizza Kitchen restaurants inside the hotel, both of which were expensive (as expected), but provided just massive amounts of food. So much food that it would have been nice if the fridge in the room had some space to put take-out in inside of being configured to only hold mini bar items.

Overall, if you want to be in the heart of the strip and close to numerous gambling outlets and shops and don't need to stay at the newest and hottest hotel, I would definitely recommend staying at the Mirage.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room near the elevator if you don't want to have a long walk as the eleva...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I know that you have many hotel choices and I am excited that you chose The Mirage! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I also appreciate your feedback about our internet service, pillows, guest bathroom, and restaurant options. Your comments and experiences provides us the opportunity to improve our hotel and the amenities we offer. If you would like to share more about your Mirage visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and recommendation. I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to The Mirage in the future.