“Excellent Value and Location”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There's obviously a plethora of hotel options on the Vegas strip, but the Mirage had the best combination of price and location in my opinion. Being located next to Caesars Palace and Treasure Island and across the street from Harrah's and the Venetian gave plenty of gambling options within a short distance.

The 2 queen room we had overlooked the strip which was cool to see the lights and people watch when we got tired of gambling or walking around. The room was impressively large with lots of technological amenities. The major disappointments were the wireless internet, which had such a faint signal that my phone could never stay connected to it and the pillows, which were too soft making my head basically rest right on the mattress even when using 3 of them! The bathroom area was fairly small too, but was fine for my purposes.

Ate at the Carnegie Deli and California Pizza Kitchen restaurants inside the hotel, both of which were expensive (as expected), but provided just massive amounts of food. So much food that it would have been nice if the fridge in the room had some space to put take-out in inside of being configured to only hold mini bar items.

Overall, if you want to be in the heart of the strip and close to numerous gambling outlets and shops and don't need to stay at the newest and hottest hotel, I would definitely recommend staying at the Mirage.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room near the elevator if you don't want to have a long walk as the eleva...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I know that you have many hotel choices and I am excited that you chose The Mirage! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I also appreciate your feedback about our internet service, pillows, guest bathroom, and restaurant options. Your comments and experiences provides us the opportunity to improve our hotel and the amenities we offer. If you would like to share more about your Mirage visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and recommendation. I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to The Mirage in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been to Vegas 6 times and it is still my fav place to holiday! First time I had stayed at the Mirage and it had always been one on my list and it didnt disappoint. Great sized room , lots of space and very well stocked and cleaned well. lots of ice little touches n the room such as lit wardrobe, ipod docking station and all the IT terminals you could need. Check in which is normally a long process at any casino was quick and staff were very efficient - overall I would give it 4.5 to 5 out of 5. Great location great casino and overall a great time!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the west wing as it faces the strip
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Woohoo!!! I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your Mirage visit! I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic time and enjoyed our guest rooms! Thank you for your compliments about your check-in experience. If you have additional comments you would like to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our room was large, quiet and spotlessly clean. The bed was so comfortable! I know others say it is a little dated - I guess if you want absolute modern opulence, then you should choose the Bellagio or the Wynn (and pay $150 extra per night). I thought the Mirage was great. Check in/out was smooth, they explained how the mini-bar worked (ie. if you move something in the fridge you get charged) and the staff were courteous and helpful. The location is fantastic - there is a store open 24 hours at the base of the elevator, numerous restaurants in the hotel, and cheaper fast food options and diners just outside. I would definitely stay again - for the price paid it was excellent.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet, non-smoking room. We got a room on a non-smoking floor, at the very end of the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting me know about your Mirage visit! It is exciting to know you had a wonderful trip! I love that you enjoyed our guest beds. If you are interested in bringing some of The Mirage home with you, we actually have our beds available for purchase at Mirage.com. If you would like to share more details about your trip, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went to Vegas on business and leisure in November 2013. Only stayed 3 days but had a great time. I chose the Mirage because of location and price and was not disappointment. Like many of the older Casinos it was a little dated, but the location could not be beaten - right on the strip opposite the Venetian. The room was very comfortable. Didn't spend too much time in the room but the bed was very comfortable and the view of the strip was great. Staff were amazing - long wait at check in but the staff were so friendly when you finally got to them. The concierge desk was an amazing help for getting into shows and for advice. And if you are there, you MUST try the Argentinian steak restaurant - Wow. Little pricy but worth every cent. And I can highly recommend the Terry Fator show in the Mirage - one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen.
There is a big choice of hotels in Vegas and depending on your budget and needs will dictate if you stay on, off or near the strip. The Mirage, I would rate at a 4 star hotel, but i would also go back there. I honestly couldn't fault it for what I paid and the ease of getting around.
Vegas - Disneyland for Grownups.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view room if it's your first time in Vegas. The view is spectacular and watchin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank QJK
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your Las Vegas business and leisure trip. I understand that you have many hotel choices and I am thrilled you chose The Mirage. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants, guest beds, and Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment. His show is fantastic! If you would like to share more about your visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My room was not as clean as I expected it to be based on the reviews. The floor was not vacuumed before or during our stay. It just felt dark and neglected. This was surprising as well as disappointing. However, this hotel has great features such as the live shows, the gym, and the central location. If I return, I would not stay here again. I would spend the extra money and stay at the Venetian or Caesars.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage trip. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room during your stay. What you encountered is not what I would want any of our guests to experience. In an effort towards improvement, please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to forward your review to our Housekeeping management team. Thank you for your review and the chance to learn about your experiences.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Mirage for a girls trip in the summer.

Pros
- private pool was fantastic and worth the extra $
- Great location in the strip
- rooms have been redone
- pretty lobby area...that smells like coconuts!
- Rhumbar outside lounge is great for starting the night with cocktails

Cons
- it's older so has the low ceiling. Can't be helped, but the high ceilings in the newer casinos are a different class
- restaurants are so-so
- the casino, elevators, poll, everywhere always seemed to be jammed with people (again because it's older likely and not made to accommodate so many people

I would put this hotel above TI and below Planet Hollywood. Nothing really wrong, but nothing stellar either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank starkerama08

Thank you for your feedback about your recent Mirage visit. Your feedback is valuable and enables us to monitor areas that can improve our hotel and the amenities we offer. I am happy to hear that you and your group enjoyed our Private Oasis pool and RHUMBAR. If you have additional comments you or your group would like to share, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a great hotel, i have stayed at the Mirage for many many years. I was a guest the first month they opened and i am impressed how they have kept the property relevant and exciting. The dinner at Onda was absolutely fantastic, we really enjoyed all of the meals including room service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

WOW!!! I am ecstatic that you have continued to choose The Mirage year after year, since the opening in 1989. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your recent experiences. Thank you for your compliments about Onda and our other restaurant options. If you have more to share about any of your Mirage trips, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. See you again soon!!!