“Mirage”

Ranked #49 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2013

95 percent of the time I stay at the Mirage. I find it clean and easy to get around not a lot of walking and I don't get lost in it as I did in other hotels by going up the incorrect tower so many times.
They have a good choice of restuarants. Although I think there should be a less expensive non alchohol option to the "Champaign Breakfast Buffet" for those who cannot drink. My underage sons were with me on this last trip because we came to see Elton John.
The Argentine restaurant is terrific, as always.
California Pizza kitchen was a disppointment this time. Needs to be cleaner plus there were several flies around.
Check in could be faster, waited in line for about 35 mins to check in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel rooms and facilities were pretty good but we were disappointed with the bar and buffet prices.I'm not mean and I've been to Vegas a few times before but $10 for a bottle of domestic beer is a rip-off pure and simple.The hotel buffet was terrible and overpriced($30pp plus tax).The selection was small,food was lukewarm and of very poor quality.The salad station wasn't even self service.We had to stand in line while one server filled each guests plate in turn.The hotel must be scared we steal the tomatoes!I don't want free food,just reasonable quality at a fair price.The Mirage would do well to remember just how much competition they have in Vegas.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your recent Mirage visit. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our food options and prices. Your feedback is valuable and it will enable us to monitor areas that may need improvement. If you have more comments you would like to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We got a relatively good deal on the trip (Sign up for Mlife, they always send promotions) Was a quick walk to all of the main attractions. We had to wait a long time for a repair man to come and fix our safe, but we didn't mind because they compensated us by taking of our resort fees.

Room Tip: The rooms with the private elevator are better. And you can ask for better views of the strip. (For...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I am thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of an M life promotion on your recent Mirage visit! I am sorry about the technical errors that occurred in your room, but happy that our Front Desk and Engineering teams were there to assist you. If you would like to share more about your trip, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A small refridgerator would be very enjoyable in each room. After eating at restaurants in the hotel or outside the hotel, bringing left overs back to the room is not viable due to the lack of having a place to keep them so as not to have them spoil.

Room Tip: Refridgerator not available in room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visit was due to business convention. The room was amazing but would love to have been able to make the ac cooler and room darker. I was not informed that I needed to have the Company credit card present to secure a room after making reservations online with it. Fortunately I had my own or not sure what I would have encountered. Had a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: cooler air condtioner would have been nice and curtains that shut to close out light.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your Las Vegas business trip. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred with the air conditioner in your room and the miscommunication of our credit card policy when booking the reservation. If you have additional comments to share about your Mirage business stay, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We hope to see you again soon… maybe for your next vacation?

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This property is amazing, the staff is friendly and the place is spotless clean all public areas and rooms
lots of restaurants to choose from, FIN was our favorite
and BLT was great and the shows were wonderful

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

WOW, is right! Thank you for your compliments about our hotel staff and property! I am excited that you were able to experience FIN, BLT Burger, and some of shows while you were here. If you would like to share more about your visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for choosing The Mirage! We hope to see you again for another WOW stay!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a two night stay at the mirage and spent most of the first night trying to sort our room out. We were put in a room which smelt of stale smoke, it was so bad my eyes went red and my boyfriend had to get his inhaler out. I don't normally mind the smell of smoke but this was unbearable. We phoned reception and asked to be moved - they did eventually move us from a high foor tower room to a regular room. Our trip was for my 40th birthday and my daughters 21st and I booked the mirage six months in advance, however my daughter was put three floors different to mine. The wi-fi was so hard to use which ment I could not contact her to tell her what was going on. The rooms we originally had, had there own lifts however when we were moved we had to use different lifts. Even the second day of our stay didnt go smooth as the key cards they had given us stopped working and i had to get security to open my room.The front desk staff had such bad attitudes they really couldnt care that I was so upset - in fact they reduced me to tears. If you are going to book only one room then the mirage would be a good choice - the hotel it's self is lovely I can not fault it - the pool area, the dolphins are amazing it's just the front desk. Thank you The Mirage for ruining my 40th Birthday!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not have enjoyable stay at The Mirage. What you encountered with your reservation details and keys not working are not what I would want to happen to any of our guests, and we are sorry. I am especially sorry because you and your party were here to celebrate your 40th and your daughter’s 21st birthdays. When you are available, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like the opportunity to personally address your concerns. Thank you for your review. I hope to hear from you soon.