“Time for a deep lifting” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #37 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Vevey, Switzerland
“Time for a deep lifting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

After I spent a stay at the Palazzo, I moved to the Mirage for business reasons. Well...not an easy change : hotel rooms are "very tired" starting from the 80' carpets in the bedrooms, to the public areas. Restaurants are ok...nothing wow, just functional. Anyone could come up to the bedrooms area, as in 5 days stay I saw them once only. But what concerned me most was the cleanliness of the bedrooms which in my opinion was quite poor.

Green Features: Why you keep hanging the bath towels on the hooks, and they change it constantly... Where is the "commitment to preserve Las Vegas natural resources (sentence took from the plexiglass display located in the bedroom) ??????????????????
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage trip. Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is valuable and helps to improve our hotel and the amenities we offer. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room during your stay. If you can please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to forward your room details to our Housekeeping team to further address your concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,353)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My go to place for Vegas EVERY time!! The bed was comfortable, the room was spacious and clean. The Casino is excellent!!! I especially like the Sports book! The deli was under construction but was able to get sandwiches at another place which made it nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for the second time! It is exciting to hear how much you enjoyed our Casino and Sports Book. With the 85’ wide and 16’ high seamless screens, it is a fantastic place to enjoy any sports from football, hockey, to the horse races. If you have additional comments you would like to share about your second Mirage visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been coming to Las Vegas for years, the last time was just 5 months ago, so yes, I love Las Vegas.

This time I stayed at The Mirage for 7 nights.

The good.... I got a high floor (25-043) with a view of the strip, which is always my first choice. I got a decent price due to M Life. Every employee I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff did what she was supposed to do and I did tip her. I am low maintenance and not messy so only need the basics. The signage in Mirage makes it very easy to get around.

Now the bad... The floors in this room, both carpet and (marble) tile are both absolutely grimy, filthy grimy. The once upon a time white grout is dark gray to black from filth. The tiles are filthy. The carpet is filthy.

This in not something that you can request and have delivered like extra towels. This isn't a housekeeping problem, this isn't an employee problem,this is a lack of maintenance $$$$ that apparently the powers that be do not want to spend, which is disgusting.

Certainly I could have asked to change rooms. However my view on this is what good would this do, since apparently management considers this room to be an upgrade, then how dirty are the rest of the rooms.

I made sure to keep my shoes on after seeing my feet were almost black the first night, and then really looking at the floors. Maybe this is why the lighting is so bad, they think you won't notice.

I won't be back, nor will my two sisters in law whose room I paid for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JeannieTexas
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive and negative experiences during your Mirage visit. I am sorry for what you encountered in your room, specific to the lack of cleanliness of the carpets and floors. We appreciate this opportunity to learn about your stay and to further address your concerns. If you would like to speak with me more about the details of your trip, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
here
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel and casino. Plenty of retail shops, clubs and restaurants (although I didn't like the two restaurants I ate in--BLT Burgers and Cravings.) Other than that, everything about The Mirage is great! The volcano erupts every hour on the hour.....it's awesome. The landscaping, inside and out, is beautiful. If you get a chance to stay here, please do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Golden, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I come to Mirage for "Sister Time". We lay by the semi-private pool, enjoy meals together and play games. We have a wonderful time chilling out from life's stresses. We would like to thank the Mirage for sending coupons and discounts on the rooms, but mostly, we would like to thank the Mirage Staff from the management, to the pool assistance down to the maids that help the stay at the Mirage a wonderful relaxing time. It is nice to feel pampered and special within your home (work establishment). Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! God Bless and Enjoy your day, week and year! Thank you again!

Room Tip: My sister and I come to Mirage for "Sister Time". We lay by the semi-private pool, enjoy m...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra S
I am excited to hear about your fantastic “Sister Time” Mirage trip! It is wonderful to know you and your sister were able to unwind and relax. Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff! If you would like to share more about you and your sister’s experiences, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to welcoming you and your sister back to The Mirage in the future!
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service was friendly and courteous. Their rooms were great, with comfortable beds. The location was excellent, right in the heart of the strip. the cirque de Soleil show LOVE was fantastic. They also had lots of good options for coffee/breakfast in the morning, look for the drinks only line if you just want to grab a coffee. the pool was great! We'd definitely stay at The Mirage again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I got a good deal on a Tower Suite and it was a really nice, spacious, clean room. My wife and I really like the location of the Mirage. It close to a lot of shopping among other attractions. Looking forward to staying there again. I also used the Spa one day for a massage. Really liked the Spa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple