I have been coming to Las Vegas for years, the last time was just 5 months ago, so yes, I love Las Vegas.
This time I stayed at The Mirage for 7 nights.
The good.... I got a high floor (25-043) with a view of the strip, which is always my first choice. I got a decent price due to M Life. Every employee I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff did what she was supposed to do and I did tip her. I am low maintenance and not messy so only need the basics. The signage in Mirage makes it very easy to get around.
Now the bad... The floors in this room, both carpet and (marble) tile are both absolutely grimy, filthy grimy. The once upon a time white grout is dark gray to black from filth. The tiles are filthy. The carpet is filthy.
This in not something that you can request and have delivered like extra towels. This isn't a housekeeping problem, this isn't an employee problem,this is a lack of maintenance $$$$ that apparently the powers that be do not want to spend, which is disgusting.
Certainly I could have asked to change rooms. However my view on this is what good would this do, since apparently management considers this room to be an upgrade, then how dirty are the rest of the rooms.
I made sure to keep my shoes on after seeing my feet were almost black the first night, and then really looking at the floors. Maybe this is why the lighting is so bad, they think you won't notice.
I won't be back, nor will my two sisters in law whose room I paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Domestic, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas