“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and I will admit it wasn't our first choice but our usual Vegas hotel (Caesars Palace) was far too expensive this time round so we chose the Mirage based on reviews and price and we were more than happy with our choice.

Check in was speedy, no queues or hold ups. We had a Resort Tower Deluxe room on the 25th floor with a view of the pools and the Strip. The room itself was clean and well maintained, I loved the jacuzzi tub and the fact that the window opens just enough to let in some fresh air.

The hotel is in a great location so it's really easy to get around to other hotels, bars, restaurants and attractions. There are a few bars in the hotel and plenty of places to eat too.

If I have to add one negative comment it would be that the sun beds around the pool are far too close together, if you don't manage to get an end bed it can be quite awkward especially if you have bought a bag down to the pol with you. Also when we were there the poolside service was very slow, there only seemed to be a couple of people serving which didn't quite work as the pool was very busy.

All the staff we came across were very helpful and polite and we would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,451)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I reserved a specific style of room with a king-size bed about 3 months ago. When we arrived, we were told that our room wasn't available. We were given the option of a room with 2 queen beds, or wait 3 HOURS for our requested room.
The desk clerk was unhelpful in resolving our issue, so we wound up with the room with 2 queen beds.
I won't stay there again, and suggest others do the same.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fyvm5150
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, specific to not providing you your requested room type and lack of resolution from our Front Desk. What you encountered is not what I would want any of our guests to experience and we regret these irregularities. When you can, please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Your experiences are valuable and assist us to improve our hotel and services we provide all of our guests. We appreciate any opportunity to learn more about your stay.
Scottsdale, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The suites are the best in the city, better than the Wynn and the Bellagio, and a better value! The only suites in the city that offer a bidet! Cool! The suites are very large and an exceptional value for your money.

Room Tip: sign up for their website, you can get tremendous values that way!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location and value. Beds are very comfortable! Lots of variety for food. Booked the Oasis pool for 3 days. Heather was a fabulous server and made the experience very enjoyable.
We have stayed at the Mirage many times and always enjoyed ourselves. It is only a 15 minute walk to the Fashion Show Mall

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a great time at the Mirage. No matter where I was in the hotel the staff was great. My room was clean and the furniture was modern. The room service was good but a little pricey, but its what I expected. The Boyz II Men concert was excellent, if your in Vegas you should drop by and attend. Overall this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lanarkshire
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at the Mirage as a last minute surprise for someone and considering it was a little more costlier than a few other options, I left knowing i wouldnt be back.

Sometimes you just dont get a good feeling for a hotel but here are my overall thoughts.

Check-in was fine and the room itself was of decent size, fairly modern, clean and comfortable bed. The bathroom was a lot smaller than most properties I have stayed in Vegas but not really bad.

Restaurant quality wasnt great. I have had food in FIN and STACK and wasnt impressed with either. The room service Pizza was disgusting as well and the buffet was below usual standard for me. The only food i enjoyed in the Mirage was California Pizza Kitchen.

Bars wise, there isnt a great deal of decent options as most of the bars are fairly expensive unless you are sitting playing Video Poker.

The pool area for me is a complete let down. The sunbeds are crammed together with no space between them and the pool was very cloudy and not very welcoming in my view. Also had breakfast at pool cafe and again, not impressed though the chicken tenders at poolside one day were passable.

Location wise, it is decent with cheaper night out options such as Harrahs and Margaritaville right across the road and more expensive in Venetian and Caesars Palace right next to it.

In summary, it doesnt come close to the Cosmopolitan at the top end of the scale and I would rather stay in the Luxor before going back to the Mirage to give it a mid to bottom end feel.

Not impressed at all im afraid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank leedylan1998
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your recent Mirage trip. Thank you for your feedback about our rooms, restaurants, and Pool. Your feedback and comments are valuable and enable us to monitor areas that may need improvement. If you have more feedback about your stay, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your last minute Las Vegas stay. We understand you have many hotel choices and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Recently stayed at The Mirage for my birthday weekend. Its a pretty nice hotel in a great location on the Strip. The volcano show at night is pretty neat, you can feel the heat from the fire from a pretty good distance.
My only complaint is that the hotel could use some updating. The room was small but clean and had more modern electonics than the Augustus tower at Caesar's where some friends were staying. Our tub was a little worn with rust spots near the drain but otherwise it was a nice room. The refrigerator is also not for guest personal use so bring a cooler; we ended up going out and buying one at Walgreens down the street.
We stayed on the 19th floor overlooking the pool area, which is really nice. The pool hours do vary in the fall so its best to check and plan accordingly.
There is plenty to do in the hotel, shopping, eating, drinking, and clubbing.
We received a food and beverage credit which somewhat made up for the rusty tub.
I would stay at The Mirage again, the rates were very reasonable and again the location was great!

Room Tip: Because of Trip Advisor, we requested a room on a higher floor and were not disturbed at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends