“lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed recently at this hotel, and we were not disappointed. The hotel, like all others on the strip, is massive, (thank God for the signs everywhere-or you could be lost!). The room was immaculate and spacious and met your needs adequately. We took ages checking in, but after that found we had no cause for complaint. Location was good, and would recommend.

Room Tip: The higher your room....the better the view
Green Features: Similar to most hotels who encourage towel change only if you leave towel on the floor
1 Thank jeanettemahon499

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton East Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and had a great stay. Comfortable clean rooms. We enjoyed The Beatles Show and won at the Casino. With our MLife menbership we had good rates and comps. Had not stayed here before but will again in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor and had a side view of the strip, it was great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sally15333
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If this hotel were pretty much anywhere else, I'd probably rate it closer to 3, but for Las Vegas, this hotel was really quite disappointing.

After booking two rooms online, we called Hyatt to inform them that since people in our party were arriving at different times, we wanted to make sure that all four people in our party had their names show up on the reservation, allowing anyone who showed up earlier than the others to check in. However, Hyatt managed to completely mix up all of the information we provided, putting my husband's name on one room, my name on the other room, and neither of our other two guests onto the reservations, making it so that neither of the could check in, and once I arrived, I was able to give them the room in my name, but then they wouldn't let me check into the room that was reserved for me and my husband. When they finally gave us another room, I asked if there were any king beds available, as we had reserved both rooms as kings, and they said there were none. At which point I asked, "So you were able to honor no part of our reservation; only one of two rooms, no name changes, and no king rooms. Thanks." Their response? "Well, we're not REALLY a Hyatt. They're third party. We're not responsible for anything they might have told you."

Upon checking into my room after 45min of debate, I was greeted with a suspicious stray curly hair in my sink, along with a few other random hairs. Hmm, guess they didn't wipe down the sink when they turned the room over. "Whatever, it's late, I don't care. I'll just rinse the sink off myself."

I lay down on the bed, flip on the TV, and...oh, wait, the TV didn't flip on. I try again, and again, and again. Turns out the batteries in the remote are basically dead, so I have to hit any button multiple times before it even responds. Besides this, half of the channels keep cutting out. And I'm not talking about "adult entertainment" channels. I'm talking about WGN and A&E, to name a few.

"Fine," I think to myself. At least the internet is included in the $25 resort fee. I power up my laptop only to discover that the wireless is painfully slow and quite spotty, so there goes any hope of doing any work from the hotel during my downtime.

As I prepare to go to sleep, I notice a series of what I can only imagine (or hope) are random food stains on the wall next to the bed. I don't even know what to say about this one. Just more disappointment.

We had one day to just hang out in Vegas before heading out to the rest of our trip, and my little group thought we'd spend some time relaxing by the pool. No go, as it was a completely party atmosphere. Now, this is only a critique depending on your personality, and mine prefers a serene, relaxing pool experience; that said, one of my travelling friends didn't mind it at all.

All told, I would NOT recommend this hotel. There are so many hotels along the Strip to choose from; I would definitely skip this one on my next trip through Vegas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I am embarrassed and terribly sorry that you did not have an enjoyable Mirage experience. Thank you for your review and the details of your stay. We understand your trip and interactions have left you feeling guest service is not our number one priority. I would like the chance to speak with you more about your stay to personally apologize for the inconveniences you encountered at check-in, your room, and our Pool. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you.
England
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hmmm, did not really live up to expectations.
Air con is really noisy, room service times were 45 minutes to 1 hour and when the food arrived, it was really poorly presented.
Atmosphere at the tables was low.
Adequate for business needs but I would have been really disappointed if it were for holidays

On the positives, the bed was lovely and the wifi was free and reilable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tired-bus-raveller
Thank you for letting me know about your Mirage visit. We appreciate your valuable feedback. Your feedback will enable us to improve our hotel, service, and the amenities we offer. I am sorry about the noisy air conditioner and the delay in delivering your room service order. I would like to provide your room details to our Engineering department to further address the concerns with your air conditioner. If you can please email me your reservation detail to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and the opportunity to learn more about your trip.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A bit late in writing, sorry, however have reviewed a recent holiday and realised I hadn't left our review of The Mirage, Las Vegas. Our last 2 stays were at The Orleans (off the strip) so when I seen a bargain deal for the Mirage (smack bang in the middle of the strip) I couldn't resist (£542 for 12 nights). We had to make it a worth while trip as came all the way from Scotland :) The Hotel is in a perfect location and would definitely return again and again! The staff were helpful (for the little time we ever needed them). There is soooo much to see and do in and around the hotel. It's not super fancy however is more than adequate (esp for the price we paid). The lobby and atrium was beautiful and staff were quick to see to everyone's check ins, got a deluxe room (very nice) with a view overlooking the strip and pool (very very nice)! Food was lovely. The maids done an excellent job cleaning the rooms and hallways. Drink prices were average (as is still a posh hotel) however if you are gambling, watching the gambling or in the right place at the right time (which is pretty much everywhere) you go free drink as they want you to stay there. The Hotel is HUGE, shops, bars, nightclubs, loads of restaurants, pools, spa, dolphin sanctuary, adults only pool, atrium, theatre, waterfalls, volcano to name but a few. when we stayed here we went to see Love by the Beatles and Terry Fator. Both were brilliant. As it was our 3rd time in Vegas, we also done our usual :) bellagio fountains, in and around all the hotels in the area, grand canyon, shopping centres, outlets, Fremont street and downtown vegas etc etc and that was pretty much the 12 nights up. We have always went September which is a great time to go, hot hot (bearable) but not unbelievably roasting hot (unbearable). Over the 3 times we have been to Vegas we have seen David Guetta @ Encore, Mystere @ T.I, Love by The Beatles, KA @ MGM, La Reve @The Wynn etc. We love Vegas, everything about it is WOW and would def return to The Mirage! :)

Room Tip: Pay extra for the deluxe and or strip view room, you won't be disappointed!
5 Thank laurah1888
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked our travel thru Funjet. The hotel was vary nice. The room nothing special. The casino was very good as were the restaurants. we visited the Penn & Teller animal sanctuary. It was nice, the white tiger is amazing and watching the dolphins from under the water is really cool. The price is a little high $20 per person), but it is Vegas. Had dinner at the Heritage Steakhouse and while again pricey ($300 for 2), it was excellent. The location is great, between Ceasar's and Treasure Island. Shopping is nice, many nice stores. Had lunch at the Carnagie Deli, I recommend the hot pastrami sandwich. All in all nice property but I will stay elsewhere next time.

2 Thank wreko
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Mirage trip. It is wonderful to know you were able to experience our Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, our newest fine dining restaurant Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak, and Carnegie Deli. Were you able to complete your Hot Pastrami Sandwich? If you would like to share more about your stay, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Mirage in the future.
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Don't eat at Cravings buffet, don't play the slot machines at any of the MGM properties, and don't expect to get the type of room you are promised. I can't speak for any of the other restaurants here, except Carnegie deli, which has beautiful but tasteless cakes and pies and very hit or miss food, mostly miss . Great location though. It's easy to walk to bellagio to eat or to palazzo to play slots!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Leslie R
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage visit. Your feedback is valuable and will assist us to monitor areas that may need improvement. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your Cravings and casino experience and that we were unable to provide you your room requests at check. In an effort towards improvement, I would like to speak with you more about the details of your stay. At your earliest convenience, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you.