“Excellent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Kansas
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our second stay here. This time in a Tower Suite that was comped for two nights. The suite was huge. Included a wet bar, living area, dining area, bedroom, a huge bathroom with separate shower and tub, double vanity sinks, walk in closet and makeup area.

Air conditioner wasn't working well when we walked in. Called the front desk and within minutes a maintenance person was in our room and fixed the problem.

Very quiet room. Extremely comfortable bed. Can't say enough positive things about our suite and the Mirage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,495)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Mirage three times now and every visit has been good. The rooms are always clean and up to par. The rooms are also very sound proof which is good. I did find this time that there were many slot machines out of order, but I did win and always seem to win when I play at the Mirage.

The staff is efficient, quick and friendly. This is a good place to stay as you are also on the strip and can walk pretty much everywhere.

California
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th week long stay in the mirage and we will not be coming back.
The hotel has no real interest in returning guests, there is not consistent customer service. The rooms are small and bad value, we've had far better deluxe go rooms in the mirage.
We had to ring everyday for 4 days to get our toiletries refreshed..... Everyday you get a different member of staff programmed to say it will be sorted, it never was.
On the positive, cravings and samba steakhouse are superb and we will happily return to them when we are next in Vegas, but I will not be giving this hotel a fifth try when there are so many other great options.

What saves this hotel is its location.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CATWOMAN10
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just completed a second stay of four nights at the Mirage. Overall I just don't see the value in the hotel. I paid an average of $120 per night including mandatory "resort" fee. The place is strip central but I can't say that it is worth the additional prices to stay there. The additional prices I'm talking about are the mark ups on everything. $5 coffee. $20 tab for a burger, Fries and Soda. No coffee maker in room. $30 to rent a fridge if you want one (can't use the fridge in the room. It is full of for sale items that charge to your room if you move and replace them). The list of up charges is endless. I'm not sure what the resort fee covers. Bottle of water at poolside? Cant bring your own. They want you to purchase theirs. This hotel is the spirit airlines of hotels everything is extra! The room was nice but the linens were worn out and towels hard. The shower leaked water all over the floor. There was a used condom stuck to the bottom of the trash can (yuck). The walk from my room #4031 to the strip took 10 minutes! 10 minutes! I highly recommend travelers consider the row of business traveller hotels one block removed from the strip. They offer much better value and are only a 15 minute walk or $7 cab ride to the strip. The embassy suite is very nice. See my review. Enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: If you want a strip view get high up. Room 4031 faced the strip but only had a view of the roof of t...
Green Features: Doubtful they exist. Think about how much water evaporates from the fountain alone. In the desert. Just sayin
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert H
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mirage as your Las Vegas destination for the second time! We appreciate the time you took to provide us your feedback. Your feedback is valuable and will assist us to monitor areas that may need improvement to better the guest service experiences we provide. I am sorry about the cleanliness of your room upon your arrival. If you can please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like the opportunity to further address your concerns and to provide your experiences to the appropriate management team in an effort towards improvement. Thank you for your review. I hope to hear from you soon.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have just returned from a week staying at the mirage in Las Vegas. I found that the hotel was comfortable but ordinary which was a bit disappointing considering its on the strip. It's location was good and allowed easy access to the rest of the strip. However, the food was expensive throughout the hotel but because the portions are so large my husband and I ended up sharing meals which made it more reasonable. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, so it means a trek to one of the expensive food outlets every morning. The Internet connection in the room was awful and when I couldn't connect to the wifi and rang the hotel support team, I was told that only one device per room was free and as my husband had already logged in, I couldn't do so. The hotel does offer 2h free each day within the casino and pool area, but that does restrict access. The pool, although large, had sun beds crammed next to each other like sardines and we indulged in buying tickets to the oasis pool which is quieter and more comfortable. It certainly made the pool experience more enjoyable. The weather was mostly overcast with thunderstorms, which was disappointing, and one of the storms was so fierce that the rain was pouring through the window casing and we had to use towels to mop it up. To end on a positive note, the bed was one of the best I have ever encountered in a hotel.

Room Tip: I requested a pool over looking the pool which I had been told was the best but was given a "su...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about you and your husband’s Mirage trip. Thank you for your feedback about our food and beverage options, the lack of coffee makers in our guest rooms, and the wifi service during your stay. I am, however, happy to hear you were able to enjoy our Private Oasis pool. I am sorry about the inconveniences that occurred in your room due to the severe weather storms. If you can please email me your reservation details to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to forward your details to our Engineering department to further address these concerns. Thank you for your review.
Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've stayed at the hotel many times over the years. We like it because of the location and the pool. This last trip, we ran into an issue with our room that wasn't addressed in a timely manner. We ended up having to switch to another room our last night. It was very inconvenient. However, the hotel did make it up to us by reducing our bill. That was appreciated. We will continue to stay at the hotel when we come again.

Lebanon, New Hampshire, Usa
Reviewed September 15, 2013

i stayed 7 nights and enjoyed my stay very much. the staff and maids were very nice to deal with. the availability of restaurants was excellent. spent a lot of time in race book and found it to be one of the best to be at!, location was excellent for the business i had to attend. very clean place,also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends