“Surprise Surprise”

GreenLeadersGold level
Quito, Ecuador
“Surprise Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I went to Vegas for the first time in late July. She had planned to surprise me with the trip and had booked a room in the Bellagio. However, the "surprise" itself didn't work out because I got extra vacation time and she told me her plan in order for us to stay a little longer and make the most of our time. We decided to try a different hotel and I was very hesitant about the Mirage. Anyways, we booked a standard room and when we got there they had a real surprise. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. I told them we had a 5 hours lay over in NY due to a storm and they upgraded our room for free. When we got to our "room" we were amazed at the huge and super luxurious suite they gave us. The bed was super comfortable, bathroom was very clean and had a huge jacuzzi. There was a full fancy living room, three huge high def. tvs, amazing surround sound system and a great view of the pools. In the morning we hit the pool and it was fun and relaxing. The waitresses were kind and their strawberry mojitos were delicious. Great way to start our Vegas adventure!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,397)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a great stay and was very pleased with service and cleanliness of rooms. Bed was very comfortable and my daughter loved the cabana she rented for the day. There she had exceptional service. Would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My trip to Las vegas was exceptional and it was also topped of by staying at the Mirage. It had everything especially slot machines. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Its smack bang in the middle of strip which is an excellent place to be.
Whatever you needed it had it such as: A theatre, resturaunts, frozen yogurt, shops, a Pool and lots more stuff. The rooms were fabulous and very clean.

I would recommend goin to wall greens and buying some cerials because its exspensive to eat most places for all meals.

Highly recommend this Hotel .

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank JChesters
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Always a great stay at the Mirage. Pool is awesome and the sports book is one of the best on the strip. Location is great, within walking distance of the Fashion Show Mall. The Terry Fator show is very funny and tickets are a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elavator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shakerToronto
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have now a very tainted attitude to Mirage as their adult pool "Bare" is a complete Joke! I have come to Vegas twice. The first was also at Mirage and when I got home all I could do was talk about how amazing the hotel was... and now I write this with a very heavy heart as they have this new attraction for adults their pool "Bare". We were stopped one day before going to the regular pool by a girl in a skimpy bikini wanting to talk to us about "Bare" she gave me a comp pass to get in and my Bf a reduced pass, also some free drink tickets. So one evening we decided why not. let try it. I went in and tried to get my free drink Oh wait they only honor them until two pm? Why were we not informed of this. Then my Bf had to pay $30 to get in with his reduced pass. $30 bucks reduced bull. after getting harassed about if he had a reservation, they weren't sure if they were at capacity. Excuse me I get in there and go to find somewhere to lounge sit. Wait a 100 for a chair. I look around and some of the men in there must have paid $hundreds to get in and yet they harassed my Bf about coming in, even he was willing to pay the 30. I can't believe the wonderful Mirage hotel would affiliate themselves with such garbage. I am completely disturbed and hurt by what transpired I took work at a hotel and tell my guests where to stay when they are traveling. No more raving about the Mirage sorry to say but I will not be boasting about your hotel anymore. Next time I go to Vegas defiantly be staying somewhere else. I did love the wonderful lady at the afternoon buffet being there for 23-25 yrs she was amazing even with people getting angry at her that they had to wait in line. She was the only joy out of such a bad experience. I guess I expect to much!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hubertfrog
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage trip. I apologize for what you and your boyfriend encountered at our BARE pool. What you experienced is not what I would want any of our guests to experience, new or returning. Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback and experiences are valuable as they enable us to monitor areas that may need improvement. Thank you also for your compliments of our Cravings buffet staff. Please know your review has been forwarded to the appropriate management team to properly address your concerns. If you have more feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We appreciate any opportunity to learn more about your stay.
maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My comments will be quick and to the point.

We came to Vegas as others do to experience the shows. This year the priority was to see Boys 11 Men on Sun Sept 8. We got the Mirage around 6 pm for dinner and to shop which we as others I am sure did.

The show was scheduled to start at 7:30 and we got their as others did 45 min plus to get our seats, watch and relax. My wife and I were watching other spectators come in grab their seats then go out and bring back food/beverages well after the 7:30 starting time Its now 7:50 and I said to m wife I am going to ask what is going on, but as this happened an announcement came over the PA system and the 3 Men for the show came out and apologized that the show had to be cancelled as one of the members was ill. They were sympathetic as most of the crowd was, it was announced that all customers would get their refund back.......

This is where I get upset and its not because I came from Maine and purchased these tickets several months ago.........

ITS BECAUSE MIRAGE MANAGMENT KNEW THAT SHOW MAY BE CANCLED BUT LET CUSTOMERS BY THE $7.00 POPCORN AND THE $12.00 DRINKS FOR 30 MINUTES AFTER THE SHOW WAS SUPPOSED TO START.

That is wrong, customers spent hard earned money to come to show and I understand that the Mirage was giving all the money back to the customers, but why let the customers think the show is going on?

Management took advantage of the situation, made the Mirage $1000's of dollar in food and liquor revenue instead of being honest

Aren't they rich enough?

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BrrrITSCOLD
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am terribly sorry that we cancelled the Boyz II Men show in an untimely manner. We understand your encounters have left you feeling The Mirage management team does not have our guest’s best interests at heart, and we regret these irregularities. Please email your contact information to me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, I would like the opportunity to personally address and apologize for these inconveniences. Thank you for your review.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I just returned from my first trip to Vegas, staying at the Mirage. I loved the Mirage - the room was great, updated, large and comfortable. The location can't be beat - right in the middle of the strip. Everything is very convenient, including shopping, restaurants, night spots, etc. I booked through Vegas.com and thought I got an excellent deal, which included the shuttle bus transportation to and from the airport. I had a great dinner at Tom C.'s Heritage Steakhouse at the Mirage. I also managed to come out ahead at the casino! The pool is also very nice - big with lots of waterfalls and sitting ledges.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marti324
Woohoo!!! Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your very first Las Vegas visit! I am happy to hear you were able to get a fantastic deal through Vegas.com and that you experienced our newest fine dining restaurant Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak. It is also awesome to know you had some lady luck on your side in our casino! If you have additional comments you would like to share about your first Mirage stay, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. We hope to welcome you back to The Mirage again soon!