“Our Las Vegas 4 Night Trip”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #49 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We always enjoy the Mirage!. We love the Pool, the Casino and the location. Everything is very clean and well run. The drinks at the pool are a bit expensive but hey it is Las Vegas. We especially like the sandwiches at the Carnegie Deli. I recommnend everyone go there and have one for lunch. Be prepared to share!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Mirage with a group of 18 for a friends wedding. This is my 2nd stay and I will for sure stay again

Check in was smooth, I emailed before hand to get rooms together, the hotel replied to say rooms are allocated at check in but put a note on our bookings. When we got there we all had our rooms together as requested. We were on floor 5 with a strip view which was partial strip view partial view of the roof which is fine. At night it was beautiful. I wasn't impressed having to pay the daily $25 hotel service charge charge the first time so I saved extra cash for this only to be told at booking that this charge was included in my booking. Bonus!

Room
The room had a lot of space and was very clean. We had one king bed and it was definitely the best bed in a hotel that I've had. I actually miss it.
The bathroom was plenty spacious for me, I've seen reviews about it being small but I can't compare to other Vegas hotels. I was with my fiancé so had the vanity space all to myself. FYI the blow dryer is in the draw in the bathroom, don't bother bringing your own the room one is strong I didn't use mine once. The power through an adapter slowed my own one down a lot as well.
Water pressure in the shower is great. The toilet is a bit low but I'm 5ft so fine with me!
The towels are a bit on the short side so don't bend over girls..
TV was great loads of channels to watch some sitcoms while getting ready. When you first turn it on its very loud but goes really low after about 5 seconds and when you turn it back on it doesn't stay on the channel you left it, it defaults back to the mirage channel. Oh and you can check your bill on the TV too.

Pool
I loved the pool, yes it was very cold when you first got in which was strange in 105 degree weather, but its fine after a couple minutes.
Beds fill up quickly but start emptying out in the afternoon. We were never there in the morning but managed to grab a few beds together when we came back for the afternoon.
On our last morning we went down at 8.30am and there were plenty of beds free in great spots.
We hired a cabana one day which was $400 (not $250 like i previously read) but between 8 it really doesn't matter. The price is non negotiable unlike in the bear pool.
We thought it was well worth it to hire the cabana because you get diet coke, coke, sprite, water, cheese platter, fruit platter, crackers, sweets and crisps (Chips for Americans) all included in the price. The cabana has a large flat screen TV, a ceiling fan, a sofa & chair inside and loungers outside, extra towels, a safe and they also have mist that sprays out so much more comfortable sun bathing.

I loved Craving buffet for breakfast and dinner, i didnt get a chance to try lunch but my friend did and she said it was best out the three. French fries, sliders, crispy chicken - healthy stuff too but im not interested in that while in vegas.
Breakfast had everything you coul want, omelette station, eggs benedict, sausage, bacon, french toast, cereals, fruit and much more
Dinner was the same had plenty of choice, chinese food, thai food, steak, chicken, potatoes, soup, pizza I could go on but im making myself hungry... the only thing i noticed they didnt have at dinner was french fries, not that i missed them or anything but i usually see them buffets.

BLT - All i can say is wow! Now im never one to leave food on my plate but i just couldnt finish my burger and fries. The burger itself was delicious, i had a bacon and cheese one. 4 of us shared a 'starter' of Nachos, well my god 4 of us didnt finish them. The standard nacho orders is topped with BBQ pulled pork, cheese, jalapenos, salsa & guacamole. Best Nachos i had in Vegas for sure.

Bars
My favorite bar was RHUMBAR we went there 4 times. Its outside the Mirage and partially looked over part of the strip which was nice. Such a nice cool atmosphere. Music is great, they switch DJs each night so some nights are better than others btu still good all round. The cocktails are $10 for a long glass so very reasonable compared to 1Oak who charged over double for a small vodka cranberry. They do pitchers for around $40 i think but dont quote me on that i cant quite remember, but they are filled with ice and go quick so single glasses are better in my opinion. The hookas were good alot of nice flavours.

1Oak - All in all i had a good night out here, over priced as msot Vegas clubs. Its not huge but i like that, pushing through crownds to get to the dancefloor isnt my idea of fun and i didnt have this problem here. It was busy but the tables were not all occupied by far. There were 7 of us on this particular night so we asked how much it would be for table service. They said the price starts at $475 a bottle for SKY vodka and a 2 bottle minumum. As it was empty we said we need a better deal than that because you arent going to fill these tables. They agreed to the 1 bottle minimum so we took that and got a table. Cranberry juice, Orange Juice and another one come with the table. FYI tax & tip are not included so after that it was about $650
Music started off good and was good most of the night with r&b and hip hop, got a little worse toward the end of the night but not awful.

Casino
Me and my fiance kept winning on this one machine so we didnt even touch the tables. I like the mirage casino, drinks can be a little slow, tipping more helps a little.

We also saw The Beatles cirque du soleil show 'Love' I really enjoyed the show and the seats are comfy. The acrobats were amazing!They take your picture when you go in for you to buy at the end if you want to. Im not 100% but im pretty sure they cost $40 for 1 or $60 for 2! Ummm i dont think so somehow when i can look in the mirror for free, if an actual member of the Beatles was in it too then maybe i'd buy it.

The Mirage does have an artificial cocunut smell when you walk in, i experianced this at another hotel too, which i didnt mind so much but a couple in my party wanted to hurl when they smelt it. Not sure why they have that smell.

Overall we had a great time at the mirage and I will be staying here again. You cant beat the value and its in a great location.
Im sure i've missed bits out (hard to believe) but feel free to drop me a line if you want to know anything

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you are bothered about a nice view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lizzie1202
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The room itself was decent, being what it was on the 2nd floor, overlooking a weird compounded back area. What made it weird was a lone shoe lying there with some obviously yucky trash.

The front desk check in process was reasonable, but i saw other guests being treated in a very shabby manner. I could not understand them enforcing the fear of god (or in this case refrigerator) in us, by telling us that we couldnt move stuff around the mini bar, add stuff to it (too bad if you wanted to store your leftover pizza) or remove something to see what it was...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Mirage was an excellent place to stay! Extremely clean, the staff pounced on the opportunity to help you. The rooms were outstanding! Cool decor, soft beds, I couldn't have asked for more!! I'm definitely going to stay here again, as well as refer this resort to everyone I know!
Thank you so much for such an awesome experience!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved getting a cabana and hanging out by the pool, people watching was amazing! The pool staff and the entire hotel staff was wonderful. We were able to walk to most everything we needed to, free parking a plus! Thanks for giving us a great Father's Day weekend.

Room Tip: Room was great, no problems with anything!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D M
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great location. Caters to a middle aged crowd. Loved that there was a cross walk right outside the hotel. Rooms were the stereo typical Vegas room and nothing special. Absolutly loved the dolphins in the Secret Garden. They make the best pina colata I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The location of The Mirage on the strip is central to everything. The facility is clean and well kept...lots to do and see. Restaurants and shows on site were wonderful. We have been there twice and both times had a great experience. We would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: This resort is clean and well kept. Restaurants are great and the entertainment was wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family