“June Excursion with friends”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #46 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Colerain, Usa
“June Excursion with friends”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Mirage is one of the best places to stay in Vegas. We love MGM Resorts International properties. The rooms are great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is great.

I have been visiting Vegas for numerous years. My son is now 16 and has been going with us since he was 2 years old. He loves it too. His favorite things to do is order room service and go to the dolphin habitat.

If you have never seen the Terry Fator show, you don't know what your missing. His show is exceptional and will keep you in stitches.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all types and areas and have been pleased.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,494)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Mirage didn't have our room available (King bed) and didn't do much to "get it right". After one night in a room with 2 beds and a wasted afternoon waiting for them to fulfil their promise, we finally got switched into a King Bed room after a four hour wait and no call from them ... had to chase them to get something done. Room with a View as promised was questionable.

Room Tip: I guess "Room with a View" simply means it has a window ... don't be surprised if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for letting me know about your recent Mirage trip. I am sorry to hear about your room experience. Our number one priority is to ensure the best guest service, and we regrettably failed you on two occasions. I will be sure to forward your comments to our Front Desk Management team. When you are available, I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you.
Graniteville, Sc
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place was clean and well worth the price. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sun Sets event at the pool! Nice and relaxing event! Make sure you pack club clothes... Complimentary entry to 1OAK & Revolution. Send a tweet to the Mirage and it might show up in the lobby!

Give the volcano some room, that thing is HOT! I think it burned all of my facial hair off!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gregg N
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had a 4 night stay late May/early June. Booked through M Life but still got a high rate ($175 per night) but at least got a Volcano/Strip view room. Vegas was extremely busy for some reason the weekend we stayed so all hotels had high rates. This was our 3rd time staying at The Mirage but it had been 5 years since our last visit. Room was great, spacious with ample room for all our belongings (we were at the end of a 2 week road trip and had lots of stuff). Bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom is smaller than other hotels but still worked; only real negative was the lighting. Check-in and check-out were speedy and reception/bell staff were friendly. Spa staff could use some improvement. They had us down for massage appointments 30 minutes earlier than we reserved. Once at the spa the staff were efficient but not really friendly, including my masseuse; didn't make us feel welcome. Casino floor was a bit dark and could use a refresh. Selection of machines was very good (although they were tight) and we were always able to find available machines despite the hotel being busy. Starbucks had long lines in part due to chatty staff. Cravings buffet was disappointing compared to previous visits; food selection/quality was average and staff was apathetic. Worst part of the stay was the crowd. Lots of loud, obnoxious 20-something's running around shirtless or in bathing suits, screaming and yelling and running through the casino and the hotel floors; we had to call security one afternoon due to all the noise on our floor. Probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Volcano view rooms not worth the extra price. Watch it from ground level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WonderMan3
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I know you have many choices here in Las Vegas and I appreciate that you chose The Mirage for your recent Las Vegas vacation! I am sorry to hear about your Spa and Cravings buffet experience. I will be sure to send all your comments to the departments mentioned to address your concerns. Your feedback is extremely valuable as it will allow us to improve our services and amenities to provide better guest service. If you have more feedback you would like to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon.
Edinburgh
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Came back 2 weeks ago from our Vegas honeymoon and still can't get back to reality!!!
Brilliant location.
Amazing pool area!!
Club was ok but only went once.
Got upgraded to a tower suite..oh my god..the best room we've ever been in!!!Bigger than our whole flat!!
Will never forget this place and will defo go back year after year!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Benson
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mirage. The food was wonderful. The service was also very good, friendly staff. I had trouble with the TV in my room, I was moved to a different room with a nicer view of the strip for the inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hutchinson, Kansas, Usa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The rooms were great. Loved the hotel. The only problem was carrying luggage all the way through the hotel with lots of luggage as we had two children with us. There is no luggage cart to use and the walk from the parking garage is terrible. Had to make countless trips from the parking garage through the casino, etc. It was exhausting to say the least. Need to have elevators in the lobby. I was too tired to enjoy the casino after carrying luggage around that wouldn't wheel well on the carpet. sigh!

Room Tip: Excellent rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family