“Great Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We love the location of The Mirage which is in the middle of the strip. The pool area is beautiful. Lots of trees so you can get some shade and a nice large pool. The room was large and modern but showing signs of wear and the bathroom was quite small. The basic room is not like the newer Vegas hotel rooms. However everything was clean. Reception was great and the elevators were fast in coming. They do a good job in dealing with the smoke in the casino. Terry Fator and Love are must sees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travellots29
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate you letting me know about your recent Mirage stay. I am happy you were able to enjoy our pool. Your comments are valuable and I will forward them to the correct departments. I appreciate your feedback If you have any additional comments to share I would love to hear them. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,451)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My first trip to Las Vegas - I stayed at The Mirage for two nights on business, but of course we managed to have some fun while there, too. I found the location to be really convenient and very close to everything I wanted to experience on The Strip. The hotel itself is large (though of course not the largest by Vegas standards) and was really self-contained; I never really had to leave for anything. Check-in experience was easy and quick; front desk rep was nice and offered me a bottle of water and helped me navigate to the guest elevators. My room itself was REALLY nice, even though it was just a "standard" King room; super-modern and looked freshly-renovated. Bathroom was really nice, bed was clean and comfortable. My only gripe was the room location; was on the 2nd floor so I had a view of the lobby roof and heard the hourly volcano explosions throughout the night, but I'm sure a higher floor would have remedied that.

Conference and banquet facilities were great for those visiting The Mirage on business. Staff members were great; we also visited the Sigfried and Roy Secret Garden and the Love Theater for the Cirque du Soleil show, which was by far the coolest show I've ever seen. Casino area was nice and wasn't smoky, run-down, or smelly. Carnegie Deli was a great choice for a post-midnight snack, and the Tattoo Bar was fun, too.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on a higher floor so you have a better view and are away from the noise that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
That is awesome that you came to The Mirage for your first Las Vegas trip! Even though you were here for work, I am thrilled you were able to have some fun too! The roller blading part is my favorite scene in the Beatles LOVE show. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, if you would like to share more details about your stay. Thank you for your review!
Lichfield, England

My Wife and I celebrated her Birthday with a week in Las Vegas at the Mirage

We requested a Strip view room and granted our wish with a perfect view of the strip and volcano although the volcano is better viewed from strip level, The reception was friendly swift and professional and the perfect start to a great week, the weather was excellent and the pool area impressive especially the oasis private pool which is well worth the surcharge for the comfy loungers heated pool and lack of crowds, the drinks service is excellent

Room Tip: Strip view rooms are pretty special We had a room on the 22nd floor and the Lifts were excellent no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR WIFE!!! Thank you for choosing The Mirage to celebrate her special occasion. I am happy the front desk was able to fulfill your Strip view request and provide you a great start to your vacation. If you would like to share more about your stay, please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review. Please come back to see us again soon!
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is probably the best I've ever stayed in. The staff were all incredibly friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was decorated to a very high standard, with modern conveniences such as a flat screen tv, huge bed, and mini fridge, and was spotless. Our view could have been better, as we faced the back of the hotel and so overlooked industrial type outbuildings and bin stores but we didn't mind this too much, as a room with a view wasn't high on our agenda. There is an abundance of shops, restaurants and bars in the hotel, catering to every different whim. We went in several, and only had a dissatisfactory experience in one (Carnegie Deli for breakfast one morning). The grounds are beautiful, the pool is a good size, with plenty of sun beds, where they will actually come and take your drink orders from so you don't have to get up and go to the bar. The Secret Garden dolphin and lion habitat was lovely, and the erupting volcano is great fun to watch. The only disappointments were the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room (is this standard in the US?), the fact there was no mini fridge to keep your own food/drink in (the stocked mini fridge charged a hefty fee for "restocking" if you placed anything of your own in there to keep it cool) and the fact housekeeping left some detergent in our room one day, and when we took this down to reception no one apologised or seemed bothered. These were all minor things in a fantastic stay though. Would stay there again and recommend to others.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
That’s awesome that you had an amazing stay! I am thrilled to hear that The Mirage is the best hotel you have stayed in. However, I apologize for the minor disappointments that happened during your stay. I do appreciate the time you took to let me know about them. I will make sure to forward your comments to the correct departments. If you have additional comments to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Mirage soon!
Cambridge
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good size room, clean, modern. Bathroom was a squeeze but still manageable.

We had 2 queens size beds as it was 2 guys hanging for a weekend. Seemed tricky (according to my friend who booked it) finding rooms in Vegas where they do 2 Queen size beds.

We ate at the burger restaurant in the hotel which was good. Used Starbucks which was also fine.

It's a Vegas hotel so honestly has everything you need.

Good location right on the strip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PJH_EHH
Thank you for your letting me know about your recent stay to The Mirage. I am happy that you and your friend were able to enjoy BLT Burger and Starbucks. BLT Burger is awesome! The milkshakes are on a whole different level. If you would like to share more about your stay, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hope to see you again soon!
Portland, OR
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Vegas is a buffet of flavors, from modster hip (Aria/Cosmopolitan), to old-world opulence (Venetian/Palazzo/Bellagio) to casual but nice (3 star hotels)...but all the casinos I went to seem impersonal, cash-cow like, and quite frankly...cold.

I went to the Mirage and was delighted to find that, instead of putting on a thinly veiled gloss of "bling" masking a burn-and-turn cold air, the Mirage felt more like a warm resort. The staff was friendly and personal and actually recognized my Mom and I with a warm "where's your daughter/mom" if we came down solo! The atrium is lush with gorgeous tropical plants and wildlife in lieu of cold, cheap frippery, and the rooms actually LOOK like the professional picture. The mattresses are thick, lush and super comfy, and the linens are perfect. (I only buy high-end bamboo at home and am picky.)

A lot of Vegas hotels strive for opulence, but they're cold and impersonal. Basically, they rely on slick advertising and brand-name appeal, yet they deliver an impersonal, cold, casino "this is a shell game for your cash" final showing. The Mirage, to me, is Vegas merged with a classy, personal boutique hotel. To me they deliver what the image pandering hotels only promise.

Also, the slots are MUCH looser, and you have way more fun, bonus round games. I went to comparably priced hotels and found the slots much tighter.

My ONLY wish was for a bigger bathroom. It's by far one of the prettiest and most soothing with its rich sandstone colored floor to ceiling polish stone, but a smidge small. Still, some hotels offer a sprawling, but drab bathroom...this bathroom is small, but elegant.

I had a chance to stay in a 5 star SUITE for a similar price on my upcoming trip...but I chose to return to the Mirage. Why? It actually delivers the class, attentiveness and warmth you would never expect in a "casino".

10 out of 10.

FYI sign up for M life!!!! AMAZING deals. I just scored my return visit of 4 nights almost free, and I am NOT a high roller as I am a "casual" gambler....and I come to vegas for relaxation versus going after a big "win".

If you want to tell your friends you went to the most expensive casino, go for it, but if you want to experience one of the BEST casinos----which merges class, service, comfort, cleanliness, reputation AND good prices, this is your spot.

Room Tip: pick your color....I like the plum room. I'd also pay a bit more for a strip view...it's wor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Multifarious5
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
AMAZING! Thank you so much! I cannot express to you how happy I am that you and your mom had a wonderful stay. I love our beds, too, so much that I actually purchased one for myself. If you are interested, we offer our beds and linens on our Mirage website. I would love to hear more about your experiences and what you did on your stay. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I am excited to welcome you back to The Mirage again soon!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my second trip to Las Vegas. We heard such great reviews about The Mirage. Spent the extra money and gave this hotel a try. We arrived at the hotel around noonish. I had emailed the hotel about "Early Check In Guarentee" I got a response stating that $30 was added to my reservation for the early check in. Thankfully I had printed out the email because when we arrived we were told our hotel room was not ready. I was pretty disappointed. I showed the girl working at the hotel my email. She quickly went into the back to talk to management and we suddenly had a room available. We stayed in a Tower King Room on the 24th floor. We were given a strip view room. If you were in the room at night, the volcano in the front going off every hour was a little annoying. Next time I would ask for anything but a strip view.
We had some problems with our tv. It was acting up. It would not shut off for us the one night. We called down to the front desk, she told us someone would be up to fix the tv for us. This was at 11pm at night. At midnight no one had shown up. We called back down the front desk and she put us on hold, to only tell us someone would be sent straight up. We waiting another hour and decided to just go to bed. We did not get a good sleep because the tv was on the entire night. The next morning we called down again and was told the same story, "Someone would be sent straight up to our room to fix the problem" We waiting 2 hours and no one showed up. We got sick of waiting and left for the day. We got back later that evening and the tv was finally off and fixed. I don't think you should have to wait 12 hours to have something looked at. You pay good money to stay in the hotel in Vegas.

One of the men at the "M Life" counter was very rude to us. We asked some simple questions about the program and he pretty much didn't give us the time of day. If you don't enjoy your job, do not work there. You are representing a hotel. Just by talking to you for 5 mins. You have turned me off from ever staying at this hotel again.

The pool was beautiful. Its like a little piece of paradise. It does fill up fast. So if you do go to the pool. Be sure to be out there bright and early. But its worth the time to go check it out.

If you are looking for a good buffet experience, do not try this hotel's. It was below average. I expected more from a hotel like this.

Overall the visit at The Mirage was good. I would stay there again. Great spot on the strip. But definately would give another hotel a try before this one again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Melissa P
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your second Las Vegas trip. I appreciate the time you took to provide me feedback of your stay! I am sincerely sorry about the lack of urgency to fix the TV problems in your room and the treatment you received at the M life desk. Your comments will be forwarded to the M life desk managers. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, I would like to speak with you more about the details of your stay. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.