This was my second trip to Las Vegas. We heard such great reviews about The Mirage. Spent the extra money and gave this hotel a try. We arrived at the hotel around noonish. I had emailed the hotel about "Early Check In Guarentee" I got a response stating that $30 was added to my reservation for the early check in. Thankfully I had printed out the email because when we arrived we were told our hotel room was not ready. I was pretty disappointed. I showed the girl working at the hotel my email. She quickly went into the back to talk to management and we suddenly had a room available. We stayed in a Tower King Room on the 24th floor. We were given a strip view room. If you were in the room at night, the volcano in the front going off every hour was a little annoying. Next time I would ask for anything but a strip view.
We had some problems with our tv. It was acting up. It would not shut off for us the one night. We called down to the front desk, she told us someone would be up to fix the tv for us. This was at 11pm at night. At midnight no one had shown up. We called back down the front desk and she put us on hold, to only tell us someone would be sent straight up. We waiting another hour and decided to just go to bed. We did not get a good sleep because the tv was on the entire night. The next morning we called down again and was told the same story, "Someone would be sent straight up to our room to fix the problem" We waiting 2 hours and no one showed up. We got sick of waiting and left for the day. We got back later that evening and the tv was finally off and fixed. I don't think you should have to wait 12 hours to have something looked at. You pay good money to stay in the hotel in Vegas.
One of the men at the "M Life" counter was very rude to us. We asked some simple questions about the program and he pretty much didn't give us the time of day. If you don't enjoy your job, do not work there. You are representing a hotel. Just by talking to you for 5 mins. You have turned me off from ever staying at this hotel again.
The pool was beautiful. Its like a little piece of paradise. It does fill up fast. So if you do go to the pool. Be sure to be out there bright and early. But its worth the time to go check it out.
If you are looking for a good buffet experience, do not try this hotel's. It was below average. I expected more from a hotel like this.
Overall the visit at The Mirage was good. I would stay there again. Great spot on the strip. But definately would give another hotel a try before this one again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Domestic, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas