“Stayed in a Tower King Room April 30th for a week”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #43 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, Canada
“Stayed in a Tower King Room April 30th for a week”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my second trip to Las Vegas. We heard such great reviews about The Mirage. Spent the extra money and gave this hotel a try. We arrived at the hotel around noonish. I had emailed the hotel about "Early Check In Guarentee" I got a response stating that $30 was added to my reservation for the early check in. Thankfully I had printed out the email because when we arrived we were told our hotel room was not ready. I was pretty disappointed. I showed the girl working at the hotel my email. She quickly went into the back to talk to management and we suddenly had a room available. We stayed in a Tower King Room on the 24th floor. We were given a strip view room. If you were in the room at night, the volcano in the front going off every hour was a little annoying. Next time I would ask for anything but a strip view.
We had some problems with our tv. It was acting up. It would not shut off for us the one night. We called down to the front desk, she told us someone would be up to fix the tv for us. This was at 11pm at night. At midnight no one had shown up. We called back down the front desk and she put us on hold, to only tell us someone would be sent straight up. We waiting another hour and decided to just go to bed. We did not get a good sleep because the tv was on the entire night. The next morning we called down again and was told the same story, "Someone would be sent straight up to our room to fix the problem" We waiting 2 hours and no one showed up. We got sick of waiting and left for the day. We got back later that evening and the tv was finally off and fixed. I don't think you should have to wait 12 hours to have something looked at. You pay good money to stay in the hotel in Vegas.

One of the men at the "M Life" counter was very rude to us. We asked some simple questions about the program and he pretty much didn't give us the time of day. If you don't enjoy your job, do not work there. You are representing a hotel. Just by talking to you for 5 mins. You have turned me off from ever staying at this hotel again.

The pool was beautiful. Its like a little piece of paradise. It does fill up fast. So if you do go to the pool. Be sure to be out there bright and early. But its worth the time to go check it out.

If you are looking for a good buffet experience, do not try this hotel's. It was below average. I expected more from a hotel like this.

Overall the visit at The Mirage was good. I would stay there again. Great spot on the strip. But definately would give another hotel a try before this one again.

4 Thank Melissa P
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your second Las Vegas trip. I appreciate the time you took to provide me feedback of your stay! I am sincerely sorry about the lack of urgency to fix the TV problems in your room and the treatment you received at the M life desk. Your comments will be forwarded to the M life desk managers. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, I would like to speak with you more about the details of your stay. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
South Gate, California, Usa
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The host really made my party feel important, we were catered to like real VIPs. Definitely our favorite destination. Everything is in close proximity and the entire staff made us feel welcome and appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I am excited to hear The Mirage is your favorite Las Vegas destination! Guest service is our number one priority and I am happy the casino host and our entire staff made you and your party feel welcomed and appreciated. If you would like to share more about your stay, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your comments! Hope to see you again soon!
Toronto
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our stay at The Mirage was a very good one. Everything from the lobby to our room we were very satisfied. The volcano show was amazing.
The only negative thing was the cost of the drinks at the pool (quite pricey)
Other than that I would likely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting me know about your recent trip to The Mirage. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our Volcano show. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your recommendation and review!
Nanaimo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

probably my 4th or 5th stay at The Mirage and it never fails to disappoint. Rooms and bed were very comfortable, bathrooms were spotless. Used the pool for the first time as the weather was amazing. Pool was enormous and the bar service as well as the wait staff were super friendly. Always impressed by the front desk staff who make you feel welcome especially if you've stayed before. New steakhouse coming soon as it was the only theme restaurant I'd want to see there. Carnegie deli was like the BLT burger place, very generous portions. A great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fourth or fifth time to The Mirage… THAT IS AWESOME! Thank you! I am so ecstatic to hear that you were able to finally enjoy our pool! I will be sure to forward your comments to the Pool and Front Desk Managers. For our new steakhouse we are welcoming Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak towards the end of the summer. Also, news just released today that Masaharu Morimoto will also be joining our Mirage Family in early 2014. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com, if you would like to share more about your Mirage trips. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Mirage soon!
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would definitely recommend this hotel. We have stayed in LV a few times before but this was our first time to the Mirage. Check in was very prompt and easy. The room was clean, well decorated and comfortable. Our room on the 18th floor overlooked the pool and the rooftop car parks. We immediately went to the pool which was extremely busy and we had to walk around a couple of times to get 2 loungers. But once we got those we made the most of the great atmosphere and poolside drinks (expensive but large and strong!!) The pool was clean and it had a fun vibe.
The casino was clean and not too smokey unlike a few of the other hotels on the strip. We ate Sunday brunch in the Cravings Buffet before we checked out. I thought it offered a great selection for everyone, but I wish I had been more hungry.
We did however try to get into the Rhumbar on Saturday night and then once we paid our money (ladies free but guys $10 each) were told that we had 1 1/2 hour wait for a table/seat outside. So once we had used our Groupon voucher for the headhunter drinks we left.
I had my make up done in the Salon and was very impressed by Lisa who did a great job and enjoyed the chat we had.

The only 2 problems we had was that my husband had ordered flowers and champagne to be in the room when we arrived as it was my birthday and they were not. So he had to chase them up!
Also we were charged on checking out for our 2 buffets which came free with the booking. I chased this up on Monday and got a refund no problem.

All in all we had a great stay and would happily stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your recent Las Vegas trip! I am sorry you were not able to enjoy Rhumbar, but glad that you were able to take advantage of our Groupon drink special! That is awesome about Lisa at The Salon, I will forward your comments to her managers. If you have more feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A great place to stay...great location..amenities are plenty. M life rewards are great. We stayed for $39.00 a night after responding to an M Life email. The Beatles Love show is unforgettable!! Terry Fator is very entertaining.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nice, a $39 rate is fantastic! That is great you were able to take advantage of the M life offer. Our Beatles LOVE and Terry Fator show are great, next time you will need to come back to enjoy Boyz II Men or maybe an Aces of Comedy show. If you have more to comments to share about your stay, I would love to hear them. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review!
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We didn't stay at The Mirage during our trip so can't comment on the rooms but we did manage to spend an entire day here and we found it was the hotel with the most to do. Saw the dolphins and the tigers and as it was a glorious day stayed by the bar and sat in the sunshine for an hour or two watching the dolphins play. Ate at the the Carnegie Deli - great sandwiches, looked round the shops and then stayed for the Love show. All of it was really good, the hotel is clean and very impressive check in desk complete with aquarium, bars are all really nice too - we have it earmarked for our return trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Even though you did not stay in our hotel, I am happy that you were able to enjoy many of our different amenities! Carnegie Deli is a fantastic restaurant, I can never finish an entire sandwich. If you would like to share about your Mirage visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope to be able to officially welcome you to The Mirage someday soon!