“Awesome”

GreenLeadersGold level
Syracuse, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Really great room especially the beds--they're so comfy!! Room service was so efficient--the room was clean. The casino was pretty good--waitresses were really friendly and kept the drinks coming. Dolphin/Tiger Garden was kinda overpriced but I guess worth it. Strip View is WORTH IT!!!

Room Tip: Strip view!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,477)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I want to compliment the good things about the hotel before I get into the bad part of my experience. First let me say the location of the hotel was fantastic. I found the guest rooms to be spacious. The gardens and pool area are spectacular. The front desks efficiency during peak periods and the speed with which they got me checked in (even with a substantial line up) was impressive. I attribute part of the success to the managers who were making sure the line kept moving…Good work. The switchboard was extremely fast every time I called (never got past one ring), and very courteous. The Champagne brunch was well worth going to and my server was everything you want in staff working a morning shift. California Pizza Kitchen had one of the best salads I’ve had in a long time.

Unfortunately the rest of my review is extremely disappointing. After 17 years in the hospitality business, mostly in Four Diamond Hotels, it’s made me picky about the stay I experience. Housekeeping is extremely important, and although I don’t expect perfection, I do expect clean. This hotel gets a huge fail in the guest room clean department. First thing; Hair on the shower wall (a good 12 inches long), I don’t have hair so it wasn’t mine. One of the amenities was partial used (down a good ½ inch). Glass tiles in the bathroom were not clean, and clearly had lots of splash marks on them. The carpet in the room was filthy. (Pictures attached)

In addition the actual servicing of the room was probably the poorest I’ve seen in the 4 Diamond category of hotel. My ice bucket was emptied and the soggy ice bag was left in the bucket (but not the first day, it was replaced with a fresh bag). At some point the housekeeper(s) decided that when they made up the bed that they wouldn’t put the decorative pillow on it, then the next day they threw the bed runner on top of the decorative pillow on the floor. Top sheet even had a hole in it.

On arrival to the room, I found a maintenance cart in front of my room. My luggage precluded squeezing by into the room. After a few minutes the maintenance worker came out (very apologetic) and advised me he was painting the bathroom trim. Well preventative maintenance is common in hotel, I would assume that they would make a stronger effort to schedule this work rather than conduct it in vacant clean and inspected rooms which are blocked for guest arrival. My room smelled of paint for hours.

The casino isn’t the flashiest on the strip, but I decided to go down and gamble at the slots. I wanted a drink, and a server came by. I ordered with her a basic drink. 15 minute later she came by with the wrong order. She laughed it off (But didn’t apologize), and said she would be back with the right order. After 10 minutes she still had not returned. At that point I cashed out and went to the sports bar to buy a drink. The sports bar staff are so slow it was painful to watch. It took 10 minutes for the bartender to make 2 drinks, and then he got me mine. The price of the drink was $20 for a double vodka and tonic. Now I don’t mind paying good money for a drink, but the service needs to come with it.

The Wifi was dodgy at best in the guestroom. True Pour had the most inconsistent hours.

What I realized about this hotel for me is that Mirage has lots of amenities and potential, but if your there to conduct business (or even personal) and you’re looking for service to make your experience, this hotel for me had a large disconnect which resulted in me taking the rest of my personal dining, business entertainment, and gambling offsite from Mirage as it was undependable. I was actually pretty surprised as the reviews are generally favorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights at The Mirage and loved it. The best location; so close to everything. The Resort Tower King Room was a great size and the 2 separate lifts to these rooms on the 24th and 25th floors were a bonus. The resort has a great feel to it, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Mirage is one of the nicest places we have stayed at in Vegas. Everything was very clean and nice and the people were super. A1 in my book! From the Mirage it is very easy to walk or travel anywhere on the Strip. The buffet is also the best I have ever been to and the pricing was very reasonable.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors is awesome.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhartz1959
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a first timer... the Mirage is perfect and situated right in the middle of everything plus it has plenty to offer within its own walls that one never really has to leave the property to experience everything Vegas has to offer

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oahu
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been going there since it opened. Average rooms but really fresh and clean. Really enjoy the volcano side. The service at the casino and restaurant's are great, especially Onda. They were so perfect for my wife's birthday dinner, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try the volcano side, little more money but worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LostinParadise45
Cameron, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoyed the stay there. Great rooms and excellent food. The rooms are big and have all the services you can want with in room amenities for purchase at a far price. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Big bath rooms with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Good value for the money. Eat at Japanas restaurant for some excellent sushi and tuna steaks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple