“Vegas get away.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
SLC, UT
“Vegas get away.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Mirage has improved. I have been staying here since it opened over 20 years ago. The condition of the property is outstanding.
I showed up early and was greeted by Quincy at the counter. He was very helpful and gave me a room that covered all of my needs. The bellmen at the curbside and who delivered my bags to my room were fantastic.
After checking in I went to the M-Life counter and again pleased with the person helping me. Every person so far had expressed helpfulness and called me by my name.

The rooms have been upgraded over the years and very quiet & comfortable.

The only things that should be changed is the maze to get back to the elevators. This has always been an issue, try pulling your bag the 100 yards on carpet.. in a crowd! The last thing is paying a resort fee? Make it reasonable, especially in the winter when things are closed.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Close to elevator, This is a very large property.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,354)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My first Cirque show and I was duly impressed. Listened to the CD dozens of times to refresh my memory on the order and mixes of the songs. Bought and watched “All Together Now” the DVD documentary of the making of the show. Some reviewers suggested that watching the making of might spoil the actual event but I really believe it enhanced it. Gave me an idea what to expect and what to look for. Having received and read the “Love” program since returning I can say that I wouldn’t have minded reading the program prior to seeing the show either. Some of the characters are easily recognized by any ardent Beatles fan. Others became more obvious to me after reading the program. It really is a spectacle and I would go see it again. We did enjoy sitting up close (3rd row) but the inner workings of the theater are readily visible from that vantage point and you might find it easier to lose yourself in the proceedings if you sit about halfway back.

2 Thank upsouthvolleyball
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished. Great location, excellent staff.

However, the dining options are miserable. The fine dining restaurants aren't open for lunch and they close at 10 which is ridiculous for a city like Vegas. If all you want are burgers, pizza, and sandwiches, that's fine, but if one of the reasons you come to Vegas is for the food, there are better places to stay. On the other hand, great restaurants with better hours are within easy walking distance at the nearby Venetian and Caesars Palace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gladstone, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall, it was a great stay. Great shows and location. Not having a coffee maker in our room wasn't impressive. A small jump start before leaving your room should be expected. Guests shouldn't have to call room service for coffee... The Mirage is a beautiful resort. Extremely clean. Room staff was exceptional. We did experience sporadic drink service depending where we were playing. Meals were great but skip the deli unless you want a HUGE meal you must cut up to eat and have no place for left overs.

1 Thank Michelle J
Milton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was out first stay at the Mirage, and it will not be the last. From our check-in until our check out the staff was so nice and friendly! They truly made us feel like they were glad we were there. The beds were so comfortable! We have been to Vegas 4 times in last couple year staying at different hotel each time, we have not had a real bad experience, but the Mirage is where we will definitely want to stay on our next trip there. It did help that we got such a great price because of our players card!!

Vancouver Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the mirage last week and had a wonderul stay. The room was beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. I almost bought a pillow for home. It was the first time that I got home and wasn't happy to be in my own bed. The casino is a nice size and it doesn't take days to get out of the hotel and on to the strip. The location is great as well. Right beside the forum shops at Caesars. We had my husband's suit pressed and they were very prompt with picking it up and bringing it back. We've stayed at five Vegas hotels, and this is now my permanent home when I come to visit.

Also we grabbed the glass martini shaker from the mini bar, and it's great. Far nicer than the one we had at home, and has made it through the dishwasher no problem.

1 Thank Thezue
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My sister and I had a short, but very nice stay at the Mirage. Both the check-in and check-out were very smooth and seamless. Our room was large, very clean, and well appointed. The bathroom was also large and plenty of large, soft linens and toiletries were provided in it. The beds were very comfortable and the room temperature was easy to regulate to a comfortable level. All the staff with whom we had contact were extremely friendly, welcoming and accommodating. We especially enjoyed the Buffet and the Terry Fator show. The only regret we have is that we didn't win big at the slots, but had a lot of fun playing. For sure we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family