“Trppical oasis”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The minute I enter this casino, I can smell a beautiful scent of coconut. Beautiful resort with swimming pools, restaurants, bars and lounges. I like Samba restaurant and Onda Restaurant. Sports bar is a fun place to be. I like to play video poker and I spent some time here. Bartenders are very knowledgeable and friendly. Night life is great in this casino. 1Oak is pretty exciting. The Beatles Love show is so romantic. Must see. Great place for the family to be on vacation.

Room Tip: I like Resort Tower King room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had made reservations for this trip in November/2012 when I had received an announcement for "deal rates" . I couldn't pass up the deal and was amazed at the spacious room and the view my daughter and I had. We had a good time, everything was within walking distance and the pizza was the best at CPK (California PIzza Kitchen). Staff was very personable and very professional. I encourage anyone to try the Mirage at least once and see if you wouldn't thoroughly enjoy yourself and want to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The Mirage is centre strip which makes it convenient. The rooms were clean, and friendly staff. I go to Vegas on a regular basis and The Mirage is one of my favourite resorts to stay at.

The only negative is the $25.00 resort fee, even in the winter months when the pool and amenities are closed.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Mirage for five nights at the beginning of February. We primarily chose The Mirage based on price and location and were really glad that we did! The room was clean and provided everything we needed. The only bizarre thing was the shower which pointed horizontally with a very strong pressure which made showering a bit inconvenient. The bathroom is quite small but this didn't bother us at all. I really liked the decor of the room which is quite fun and stylish. Check in and check out was quick and efficient. In my opinion The Mirage has a brilliant location on the strip, Caesars, the Venetian and the Bellagio are all within easy walking distance. If you are looking for cheap eats there is a food court in Fashion Show Mall or over the road at the Flamingo. If you don't mind a longer walk and really want to make your budget stretch I would recommend the diner at Ellis Island Casino (behind Harrahs). We used a Travelzoo voucher to eat at the Cravings buffet twice (half price so only £8 for all you can eat champagne brunch!) which was awesome. The variety and quality of food was very good. All in all we had a fantastic stay and would recommend The Mirage if you are looking for a fun stay at the liveliest part of the strip!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The standard room is a good size living area but the bathroom is big enough for one person at a time. The bed is VERY nice after a long day of walking.

We only ate breakfast once in the hotel at the buffet only because the other restaurant was lined up. Dinners were expensive and we were never in the hotel at dinner. Starbucks was always lined up in the morning but there is another coffee shop close to the shop by the pool area that was very good with lots of seating.

Room Tip: standard rooms are a very long walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor. I agree with you about the beds – so much so that I bought the same bed that are in our rooms. Entirely comfortable after a long day of walking or working. I am also glad that you found our Roasted Bean. With fresh pastries and sandwiches, it definitely provides a lot more than just coffee. If you have any other thoughts or experiences about your visit with us, please feel free to email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I must admit I was a little apprehensive about staying here and most other hotels in Las Vegas because I realise there is such a high turn over of people I just could nt imagine the right amount of care could be taken to provide a good presentable room. Arriving on Jan 1 check -in went smoothly and when we got to our room we were very pleased with it. The room and bathroom was big, very modern and very clean. When entering you got that feeling that no one had actually been in there before you. It was so well presented. As with most travellers we didnt spend a great deal of time in our room but we were always happy when we got back to our room.We also drove up to the Grand Canyon so having access to the Avis desk in the lobby was an advantage.I would recommend the Mirage and I would definitely consider staying here agin.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank churmybro
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Mirage since 1989, but no more. We were there for the Super Bowl February 2-4. First of all other then a server and I'm being generous in Cravings the staff is still outstanding. The bed is fantastic. We had an issue with the shower head and it was rectified immediately.
Where we had an issue is that we requested and received a room as far from the elevator as possible to avoid slamming doors and rude guests in the hallway. You would think that the action would be in the casino rather then the hallway, but during our stay that was not the case. On 2 different nights I went out into the hallway to ask people to shut up. It seems to us that the guests who used to stay at the Mirage have moved on to other properties such as Wynn, Venetian and so will we.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank maddogDelrayBeach

I am so glad to hear that you though our staff was outstanding. We work very hard to be the best in the business and your review affirms that we are headed in the right direction. As with other postings, I have stated that the beds are my favorite and I am equally as happy that your issue with the shower head was taken care of swiftly. I am very disappointed that the experience you shared on your room floor was less than spectacular. I am sorry that you had to step out and quiet down the other guests on the floor. I would love to learn more about your stay and if you care to share, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. If not, thank you for the feedback, I will be sure to share it with my Hotel leadership team.