“Nice comfortable bed after long walks and late nights”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #42 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Prince George, Canada
“Nice comfortable bed after long walks and late nights”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The standard room is a good size living area but the bathroom is big enough for one person at a time. The bed is VERY nice after a long day of walking.

We only ate breakfast once in the hotel at the buffet only because the other restaurant was lined up. Dinners were expensive and we were never in the hotel at dinner. Starbucks was always lined up in the morning but there is another coffee shop close to the shop by the pool area that was very good with lots of seating.

Room Tip: standard rooms are a very long walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor. I agree with you about the beds – so much so that I bought the same bed that are in our rooms. Entirely comfortable after a long day of walking or working. I am also glad that you found our Roasted Bean. With fresh pastries and sandwiches, it definitely provides a lot more than just coffee. If you have any other thoughts or experiences about your visit with us, please feel free to email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,429)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I must admit I was a little apprehensive about staying here and most other hotels in Las Vegas because I realise there is such a high turn over of people I just could nt imagine the right amount of care could be taken to provide a good presentable room. Arriving on Jan 1 check -in went smoothly and when we got to our room we were very pleased with it. The room and bathroom was big, very modern and very clean. When entering you got that feeling that no one had actually been in there before you. It was so well presented. As with most travellers we didnt spend a great deal of time in our room but we were always happy when we got back to our room.We also drove up to the Grand Canyon so having access to the Avis desk in the lobby was an advantage.I would recommend the Mirage and I would definitely consider staying here agin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank churmybro
Delray Beach
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Mirage since 1989, but no more. We were there for the Super Bowl February 2-4. First of all other then a server and I'm being generous in Cravings the staff is still outstanding. The bed is fantastic. We had an issue with the shower head and it was rectified immediately.
Where we had an issue is that we requested and received a room as far from the elevator as possible to avoid slamming doors and rude guests in the hallway. You would think that the action would be in the casino rather then the hallway, but during our stay that was not the case. On 2 different nights I went out into the hallway to ask people to shut up. It seems to us that the guests who used to stay at the Mirage have moved on to other properties such as Wynn, Venetian and so will we.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank maddogDelrayBeach
I am so glad to hear that you though our staff was outstanding. We work very hard to be the best in the business and your review affirms that we are headed in the right direction. As with other postings, I have stated that the beds are my favorite and I am equally as happy that your issue with the shower head was taken care of swiftly. I am very disappointed that the experience you shared on your room floor was less than spectacular. I am sorry that you had to step out and quiet down the other guests on the floor. I would love to learn more about your stay and if you care to share, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. If not, thank you for the feedback, I will be sure to share it with my Hotel leadership team.
Chicago, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, fun, and affordable hotel in the middle of the strip the Mirage is your best bet. The rooms are newly remodeled and the casino is clean with a variety of machines. Don't forget the Mirage still has one of the best pools in Las Vegas. If you are looking for a moderately priced hotel on the strip try the Mirage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mendez2254
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Love the Mirage. This was my third stayat this hotel . Rooms roomy and comfortable. Good dining choices. Great location on the strip.Staff friendly and courteous. Looking forward to returning to Vegas and the Mirage in September.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The good:
We arrived late, ~ midnight, and sure enough our requested rooms were not available. We were instantly upgraded (without asking) to a 2 bd penthouse suite for the night. That suite was amazing!
The next morning, we changed rooms and although not adjoining as requested, we were all in the same hallway.
The beds. I love those beds. I want one of those beds. What sleep I did get while there was the best ever.
The rooms were very nice and clean.
Housekeeping was always polite when passing in the hallway.
Elevator security was great and very helpful.

That not so good:
With our penthouse upgrade, we were a bed short, and requested a cot. It took two phone calls and we finally received the cot over an hour later. Arriving so late, we were already exhausted. Having to wait was very irritating. It was almost 2am before we all got to bed (4am according to the time zone we come from). For some people, that might not be a big deal, but we had an early morning rehearsal and fitting to go to, so the lack of sleep that first night really affected the rest of the trip.
Our toilet clogged and maintenance never showed up. My husband finally used a wire hanger to unclog it. Pretty disgusting.
We usually do not have housekeeping services on short trips, and we placed the do not disturb sign on our door. When we returned, housekeeping had been in and made our beds and changed out towels, etc. While I appreciated the service, we had left things out with the expectation that no one would be entering our rooms while we were gone. I did not like that they ignored our sign.
Played at some slots for an hour or so, never saw a cocktail waitress. Did the remaining of our gambling elsewhere.
The salon- We tried to make a reservation (in person) on Thursday evening for a Friday afternoon appt. The receptionist was incredibly rude and condescending towards both my mom and I. My mom kept trying to ask questions and the receptionist just ignored her and shuffled papers around on the desk. There were other customers there waiting, and she actually looked at one of them and rolled her eyes at us. I finally said forget it and left. The next day, I called and spoke to Jessica in the salon, and she fit my mom right in, so in the end, my mom got what she wanted, but that receptionist really was a little hateful thing.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I have alot of complaints, I know, but the good really did outweigh the bad. If we go back, we might stay there, we might not. Depends on the prices. I will check them first, though, just for the amazingly comfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback – first the good news. You can purchase our bed and virtually everything in our rooms by emailing me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. I will let you know how you can go about getting our beds in your home. As for the not so good, I am so sorry! You worked too hard to get a cot and way too hard to clear a clogged toilet that we are supposed to be responsible for. I am disappointed as well that housekeeping showed up without asking and the cocktail server on the casino floor never showed up. Now that you have my email address, please shoot me an email so that I can learn more about your visit so this experience is not repeated for you or anyone.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Mirage last month and was pleased with the service. I checked in on 2/3/13. At first I was told by the clerk she couldn't find my reservation but for some reason reservations had booked my room for the MGM Grand which I specifically told them I wanted to stay at The Mirage. But Rachelle cancelled my reservations at MGM and booked me at Mirage which saved me time and stress from doing so. I'm glad she was able to help me with that. Will be back in March. Thank you Rachelle!

• Stayed February 2013