“Generally okay but won't stay there again”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Mirage Nov 29 to Dec 4. I was there for the Zappos Rock and Roll marathon which I attended for the second year in a row. I had never stayed in the Mirage but had checked it out last time I was there.
Check in: I checked in with no waiting. I never saw a huge line up during the 5 days I was there.
Room: I had a single king sized bed on a non-smoking floor. The room was clean but I still ran a lysol cleaner over the room before using anything. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom is small and difficult to negotiate. I noticed a toothpaste cap on the floor under the sink from a previous occupant. It remained there for the duration of my stay. It was very nice to be able to open my window quite a bit and enjoy the warm breeze. I did not use the heat or air conditioning. The room has wifi which works very well.
The hotel location is closer to the north end of the strip where it is quite busy but central to where you want to be if you like the night life and going out to eat. It was convenient to the finish line of the marathon which was one reason that I chose it.
Casino: The casino is the usual assortment of machines and tables. I did notice that the casino was EXTREMELY smoky to the point of causing bronchospasm every time I walked through it. By the time I left, I literally ran through the casino holding my breath. I have visited and stayed in several strip hotels and never had this experience. Perhaps it is time for them to upgrade their air handling equipment.
Pool and spa: I did not visit the spa but did go to the pool which was partly open. When I stayed at the Mandalay last year the pool was closed so It was nice to swim outside and I was happy that they had part of the pool open in spite of doing maintenance. The pool area was quiet and many patrons were reading and relaxing. A waitress was available to take drink orders. They let me sit there for the few hours after checkout as I was waiting for my pickup time.
Shopping: The Mirage is about a mile from the Miracle Mile shopping area and quite close to the Fashion Show Mall. It was very easy to board the bus and find my way to the Westland Mall on West Charleston. This mall has a Wallmart and a very good fabric store specializing in quilting (Fabric Boutique).
Food: The buffet (Cravings) was surprisingly good. There is a bit less selection than at other hotels I have eaten the buffet at but what they make is very good food. There is a good selection and I was able to get what I needed in spite of my need for a Celiac diet.
The BLT which is a burger place was also very good. I had an excellent salad topped with grilled shrimp on two separate occasions and a wonderful burger that they allowed me to place on my own gluten free bread on another occasion. It is a great place to watch football.
Generally an okay stay but not a 4-5 star hotel. For my money, staying at the Bellagio or Mandalay for a bit more money is well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (18,663)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My Wife and I just enjoyed another FIVE FUN FILLED days at the MIRAGE Resort in Vegas. We have stayed at this Resort many times in the past and will continue to return. The overall feel & ambiance is awesome. The Tropical Pool setting, the diverse selection of restaurants and Bars, the terrfic food, the high quality service, it's all great! Vegas is a gamble, but having a good time and getting value for your money is a sure thing at this Vegas Landmark on the Strip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed December 9, 2012

From an accommodations perspective, the Mirage offers nice rooms at a very affordable price. As is true with every resort-style accommodation in Las Vegas, it is huge and somewhat inconvenient that you have to walk all the way through the casino to get to the guest elevators. Of course, this is by-design. The front desk clerk checking me in was wonderful, though. She was friendly and extremely helpful. They had to move me because they put me into a room that was reserved for someone else. I'm guessing it had something to do with the room being an adjoining room, and the surrounding rooms were blocked. It really wasn't a problem. They provided a $50 food/beverage credit, so they accommodated the situation. I attended a seminar there, and the conference facilities were very nice, and the lunch buffet on each day that was specifically for our seminar was excellent. The location is also excellent. Very close to the best part of the strip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is the best. Also, if you get on the 24th or 25th floor, you have an express e...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cindygolden
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been visiting Las Vegas for years, was actually raised there but moved away over 30 years ago. Usually stay off of the strip because it is too crazy but after my stay at the Mirage, I have changed my mind. How nice it is to be so centrally located. We parked our car once and that was it. Just walked everywhere or ate at the California pizza kitchen. Check in with VIP services was very nice and smooth and the rooms were a little on the RED side but very comfortable. I would recommend it. We were there for the Marathon on the strip and the finish line was right at the Mirage.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious, I would try to get a Strip facing one for the best view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was my second visit to the mirage and previously I was upgraded to the tower rooms using the $20 trick, this time the lady on reception seemed to have no idea what was going on and when I asked for an upgrade she put us in a room with a pool view. The room was on 19th floor and the pool view wasn't something I'd book. The room was clean.
A taxi from the airport to the hotel cost approximately $25 and back to the airport it was $15.
Room service was nice.
Buffet breakfast was nice but I preferred going to Denny's across the street.
The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We go to Las Vegas a few times a year and ALWAYS stay at the Mirage. We love everything about it: location on the strip, modern decor of the very clean rooms. comfy bedding and linens, luxurious bathrooms, size of the property ( big, but not too big :)) professional staff, awesome casino decor ( not too "theme-y"), great food options, starbucks, great entertainement. The cocktail waitresses are fantastic and many of them have been long time loyal employees. Some even remember us and our favorite cocktails. Overall an authentic and fun Vegas experience. Can't wait for check-in TOMMORROW :)))

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have stayed many times at the Mirage, and have encountered their poor, non-supportive mattresses a few times now. After the 3rd night in one of their suites, I had a terrible neck and back ache! I hope they replace these saggy, far-too-soft mattresses in their suites!!!

Other than that, I love the hotel and everything it offers, but waking up with back and neck pain from a non-supportive mattress does put a bit of a damper on your morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family