I stayed at the Mirage Nov 29 to Dec 4. I was there for the Zappos Rock and Roll marathon which I attended for the second year in a row. I had never stayed in the Mirage but had checked it out last time I was there.
Check in: I checked in with no waiting. I never saw a huge line up during the 5 days I was there.
Room: I had a single king sized bed on a non-smoking floor. The room was clean but I still ran a lysol cleaner over the room before using anything. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom is small and difficult to negotiate. I noticed a toothpaste cap on the floor under the sink from a previous occupant. It remained there for the duration of my stay. It was very nice to be able to open my window quite a bit and enjoy the warm breeze. I did not use the heat or air conditioning. The room has wifi which works very well.
The hotel location is closer to the north end of the strip where it is quite busy but central to where you want to be if you like the night life and going out to eat. It was convenient to the finish line of the marathon which was one reason that I chose it.
Casino: The casino is the usual assortment of machines and tables. I did notice that the casino was EXTREMELY smoky to the point of causing bronchospasm every time I walked through it. By the time I left, I literally ran through the casino holding my breath. I have visited and stayed in several strip hotels and never had this experience. Perhaps it is time for them to upgrade their air handling equipment.
Pool and spa: I did not visit the spa but did go to the pool which was partly open. When I stayed at the Mandalay last year the pool was closed so It was nice to swim outside and I was happy that they had part of the pool open in spite of doing maintenance. The pool area was quiet and many patrons were reading and relaxing. A waitress was available to take drink orders. They let me sit there for the few hours after checkout as I was waiting for my pickup time.
Shopping: The Mirage is about a mile from the Miracle Mile shopping area and quite close to the Fashion Show Mall. It was very easy to board the bus and find my way to the Westland Mall on West Charleston. This mall has a Wallmart and a very good fabric store specializing in quilting (Fabric Boutique).
Food: The buffet (Cravings) was surprisingly good. There is a bit less selection than at other hotels I have eaten the buffet at but what they make is very good food. There is a good selection and I was able to get what I needed in spite of my need for a Celiac diet.
The BLT which is a burger place was also very good. I had an excellent salad topped with grilled shrimp on two separate occasions and a wonderful burger that they allowed me to place on my own gluten free bread on another occasion. It is a great place to watch football.
Generally an okay stay but not a 4-5 star hotel. For my money, staying at the Bellagio or Mandalay for a bit more money is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas