“Great Location on The Strip” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #37 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location on The Strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Mirage Hotel & Casino was a great place to stay in Vegas. It is centrally located, with many of the other major casinos an easy walk away; and for the ones a little further away and your "must do" trip to the "Fremont Street Experience", the Deuce bus stops in each direction are close by. The hotel itself was very comfortable & clean and, luckily, my room was only a few doors down the huge corridor from the elevators. Would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for location and value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BalNardo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,353)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a very good time here but I wonder if they’re a tad pricey compared to newer places. Our room with 2 queen beds was very small. The bathroom could be called tiny – the door practically hits the commode when you open it! By comparison, we stayed at Mandalay Bay last summer. The room was almost twice as large and the bathroom had a double sink vanity, soaking tub, separate shower and commode behind a closed door. But with its far-from-everything location, Mandalay Bay is a $20+ cab ride away from everything.

But the Mirage is still a very attractive place with a true focus on service. Front desk people were cheerful & efficient. But be prepared to spend. A Bloody Mary at the pool was $12. There were 4 of us at every meal at the “casual” dining places, and the tab was close to or over $100. We went to B.B. King’s for a tasty breakfast 3 times … around 80 bucks each day. We tried the Cravings buffet for breakfast; pretty good but not amazing and $76 with tip. We also liked BLT Burger but were unimpressed with the Carnegie Deli – yes, the portions are massive but the food was blah. We did have 2 outstanding meals across the street at the Venetian … at Noodle Asia and Otto Enoteca, a Mario Batali restaurant. Both are highly recommended (yes, I know this is a Mirage review).

The grounds are immaculate, and it truly is a very picturesque hotel. Maybe the wow factor was a little more 20 years ago. Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat is an entertaining hour. But also pricey -- $17 for hotel guests, $20 for all others. Where else are you going to see white tigers? The kids really liked the pool, which is beautiful. And the volcano and aquarium are true delights. Don’t miss the Beatles LOVE show here, which I reviewed last year. Register for an M Life card and you’ll get discounts on most MGM hotel shows. You’ll see the full listing at the M Life site.

I’m a poker player and the Mirage poker room was not to my liking. There’s a small selection of games and few daily tournaments with small buy-ins. I played more poker across the street at the Venetian.

The mid-strip location is one of the real benefits and it’s easy to navigate around the hotel and grounds. But I can’t see us staying at the Mirage again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EC_Bill
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback.

The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and we regret that you did not enjoy your room accommodations. We wanted to let you know that we do offer a room, similar in description of what you are looking for. Our Tower Deluxe Room offers all of the amenities of a Deluxe Room and in addition have private elevators to the 24th and 25th floors, spacious bathrooms, dual sink vanity, jet tub and separate walk-in shower in the bathroom. We are always willing to find the perfect room for every single guest.
We are very happy to hear you found our resort to be picturesque. That is quite a compliment and we take great pride in our ability to keep our resort beautiful. We will be sure to share your kind comments about our Front Desk Staff with our team. Also, it’s great to hear you enjoyed Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. You are right, where else in Las Vegas can you come face to face with white lions, white tigers, panthers, leopards, and our family of Bottlenose Dolphins! I love having them right in our backyard.

We want to assure you we do make an effort to offer our guests a wide variety of restaurant choices in both fine and casual dining. If you haven’t tried California Pizza Kitchen, I would highly recommend it! The average check is about $30.00 and the pizza is delicious.

Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave us with such detailed feedback. We are grateful and take every criticism seriously. It’s important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back during your next stay in Las Vegas. Please feel free to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com, it would be my pleasure to assist in your reservation.
San Diego, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great hotel with a convenient conference center. The staff was very friendly. For one of the older hotels, it is still in really great shape. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Hotel is crazy amazing! Well, the whole of Las Vegas is but we were so happy when we arrived here and saw the place we were staying in.
Great staff at reception and door. Amazing room, awesome view over the pool and Las Vegas. Big comfy bed and lovely bathroom. Even had a i-pod doc to play our music from which was sweet! The hotel has a bunch of restaurants, bars and shops. O and the buffet breakfast is amazing a definite must! Has everything you could think of. Great location on the strip.
Would definitley stay here again, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went to the mirage for my 21st birthday. They were very accommodating and were prompt with all their service. They didn't mind us bringing in a cooler full of drinks. I stayed in a standard two-queen bed room and it was perfect for four people. I know they recently redid the Mirage and it shows! The room was beautiful with really comfortable beds! I also loved the pool! I heard it was one of the best on the strip and I would definitely agree. Although the pool was busy it was easy to find chairs and get service quickly for the waitress. Mirage is also in a PERFECT location. If you want to go to bars and clubs at night the Mirage is right in the middle of the strip with easy access to other hotels. Definitely a great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just back from 4 nights at the Mirage and while not perfect, it was overall very good.

We had an offer from M Life for a "regular"deluxe room at The Mirage which would be OK, but we've become accustomed to a level or two above regular on our visits to Las Vegas, so we asked a few times before our trip? No upgrade available. We asked again at check-in for the upgrade and were told the hotel was sold out of Tower Deluxe rooms, but maybe we could move on the second night? We went to our assigned room, but another guests belongings were inside and the bed was slept in? We headed back to the front desk and were upgraded to the Tower Deluxe right away. Nice job and a really a lucky situation for us.

The room was good size and the highlights were: separate elevators to 24th & 25th floors, larger bathroom with double sinks/jetted tub/separate shower, great bed/pillows and his/hers closets. If you can get one of these rooms, do so, you'll be glad you did.

Casino - We played slots and blackjack here and had a few wins, nothing big enough for a W2G but not too bad. Compared to native american casinos that are seemingly everywhere now, you feel like you have a chance to cash out a few hundred at Mirage. The tables were generally $10 & $25 with most being 6/7 deck shoes or single deck games, not too bad. Craps tables were $10 min.

Dining - This area is a somewhat of a weakness for The Mirage. B.B.Kings just closed over a financial dispute with MGM/Mirage leaving this property a bit lacking when it comes to casual/affordable dining. We had a burger at BLT burger and a dessert at Carnegie deli both were good, but we went to other nearby properties (new buffet @ Caesars & Grand Luxe @ Venetian) for other meals as they are simply better/more appealing options than offered at The Mirage.

Pool - Too cold for the pool this time.

Other services - The overall service of front desk/valet/bell service/housekeeping was very good at The Mirage. I really can't think of anything they could have done better....nice job!

Shows - We've seen Terry Fator twice before and are kind of tired of Cirque right now?

Would we stay here again? Yes and probably will. Maybe there will be a new restaurant in the BB Kings location to try.

Room Tip: Tower Deluxe are very nice, highly recommend.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent Hotel – Mirage

I don’t normally write reviews as everyone has a different experience even at the same time period depending on their needs and wants. My wife and I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Mirage and this stay was EXCELLENT.
I contacted Guest Relations at the hotel by e-mail prior to our stay and was given an upgrade and priority check-in, thanks Candice.
We arrived at the hotel before noon and decided to see if we could check-in at that time. The service we received at check-in was super. The young lady was super pleasant and said, “Absolutely, sir, we can check you in right away with no problem at all.” Customer service = par excellence. The young lady asked if we were in Las Vegas for any special reason, I replied that “We are celebrating our anniversary”. She congratulated us and then had a bottle of sparkling wine sent to our room later that evening. Again, thank you.
The room was on the 24th floor with a great view of the strip, king size bed, separate shower, twin sinks and a jet tub to relax in after walking up and down the strip. The bed was too big to fit in my suitcase otherwise I might have been tempted to relocate it back to our home.
The cleaning staff did a great job on a daily basis and I cannot find any fault in the cleaning that was performed.
Even the Garden of Eden had imperfections if you looked hard enough but I guess I didn’t look hard enough in our room to find any faults worth mentioning.

There were only a couple of minor issues that I would like to bring up.

1) The sandwiches at the deli are TOO Big. We ordered one on our first day to share and could not finish. There was enough meat in the sandwich for at least 3 people. Very tasty but sometimes smaller is better.
2) Drink service while playing the machines. I think the ladies serving the drinks were competing to see who could bring the drinks the quickest (LOL). I really did appreciate the great service.
3) Final minor issue, the slot machines hate me and like my wife. I am totally convinced they are all linked together and connect themselves to a giant vacuum cleaner whenever I put my card in the reader and the suction increases to maximize the pulling power on my money. The table games like me a lot more, so I guess it evens out.

Thanks again Mirage, we had a great stay and look forward to our next trip in Las Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magical1
Thank you so much for your review, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! We strive to make all of our guests feel special by providing personalized, tailored service and I’m so happy I was able to assist in making your anniversary trip special.

It’s great to hear that all members of The Mirage team delivered exceptional service. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com when you are ready to visit Las Vegas again!