“Stunning!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Hotel is crazy amazing! Well, the whole of Las Vegas is but we were so happy when we arrived here and saw the place we were staying in.
Great staff at reception and door. Amazing room, awesome view over the pool and Las Vegas. Big comfy bed and lovely bathroom. Even had a i-pod doc to play our music from which was sweet! The hotel has a bunch of restaurants, bars and shops. O and the buffet breakfast is amazing a definite must! Has everything you could think of. Great location on the strip.
Would definitley stay here again, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went to the mirage for my 21st birthday. They were very accommodating and were prompt with all their service. They didn't mind us bringing in a cooler full of drinks. I stayed in a standard two-queen bed room and it was perfect for four people. I know they recently redid the Mirage and it shows! The room was beautiful with really comfortable beds! I also loved the pool! I heard it was one of the best on the strip and I would definitely agree. Although the pool was busy it was easy to find chairs and get service quickly for the waitress. Mirage is also in a PERFECT location. If you want to go to bars and clubs at night the Mirage is right in the middle of the strip with easy access to other hotels. Definitely a great experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just back from 4 nights at the Mirage and while not perfect, it was overall very good.

We had an offer from M Life for a "regular"deluxe room at The Mirage which would be OK, but we've become accustomed to a level or two above regular on our visits to Las Vegas, so we asked a few times before our trip? No upgrade available. We asked again at check-in for the upgrade and were told the hotel was sold out of Tower Deluxe rooms, but maybe we could move on the second night? We went to our assigned room, but another guests belongings were inside and the bed was slept in? We headed back to the front desk and were upgraded to the Tower Deluxe right away. Nice job and a really a lucky situation for us.

The room was good size and the highlights were: separate elevators to 24th & 25th floors, larger bathroom with double sinks/jetted tub/separate shower, great bed/pillows and his/hers closets. If you can get one of these rooms, do so, you'll be glad you did.

Casino - We played slots and blackjack here and had a few wins, nothing big enough for a W2G but not too bad. Compared to native american casinos that are seemingly everywhere now, you feel like you have a chance to cash out a few hundred at Mirage. The tables were generally $10 & $25 with most being 6/7 deck shoes or single deck games, not too bad. Craps tables were $10 min.

Dining - This area is a somewhat of a weakness for The Mirage. B.B.Kings just closed over a financial dispute with MGM/Mirage leaving this property a bit lacking when it comes to casual/affordable dining. We had a burger at BLT burger and a dessert at Carnegie deli both were good, but we went to other nearby properties (new buffet @ Caesars & Grand Luxe @ Venetian) for other meals as they are simply better/more appealing options than offered at The Mirage.

Pool - Too cold for the pool this time.

Other services - The overall service of front desk/valet/bell service/housekeeping was very good at The Mirage. I really can't think of anything they could have done better....nice job!

Shows - We've seen Terry Fator twice before and are kind of tired of Cirque right now?

Would we stay here again? Yes and probably will. Maybe there will be a new restaurant in the BB Kings location to try.

Room Tip: Tower Deluxe are very nice, highly recommend.

Excellent Hotel – Mirage

I don’t normally write reviews as everyone has a different experience even at the same time period depending on their needs and wants. My wife and I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Mirage and this stay was EXCELLENT.
I contacted Guest Relations at the hotel by e-mail prior to our stay and was given an upgrade and priority check-in, thanks Candice.
We arrived at the hotel before noon and decided to see if we could check-in at that time. The service we received at check-in was super. The young lady was super pleasant and said, “Absolutely, sir, we can check you in right away with no problem at all.” Customer service = par excellence. The young lady asked if we were in Las Vegas for any special reason, I replied that “We are celebrating our anniversary”. She congratulated us and then had a bottle of sparkling wine sent to our room later that evening. Again, thank you.
The room was on the 24th floor with a great view of the strip, king size bed, separate shower, twin sinks and a jet tub to relax in after walking up and down the strip. The bed was too big to fit in my suitcase otherwise I might have been tempted to relocate it back to our home.
The cleaning staff did a great job on a daily basis and I cannot find any fault in the cleaning that was performed.
Even the Garden of Eden had imperfections if you looked hard enough but I guess I didn’t look hard enough in our room to find any faults worth mentioning.

There were only a couple of minor issues that I would like to bring up.

1) The sandwiches at the deli are TOO Big. We ordered one on our first day to share and could not finish. There was enough meat in the sandwich for at least 3 people. Very tasty but sometimes smaller is better.
2) Drink service while playing the machines. I think the ladies serving the drinks were competing to see who could bring the drinks the quickest (LOL). I really did appreciate the great service.
3) Final minor issue, the slot machines hate me and like my wife. I am totally convinced they are all linked together and connect themselves to a giant vacuum cleaner whenever I put my card in the reader and the suction increases to maximize the pulling power on my money. The table games like me a lot more, so I guess it evens out.

Thanks again Mirage, we had a great stay and look forward to our next trip in Las Vegas.

1  Thank magical1
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! We strive to make all of our guests feel special by providing personalized, tailored service and I’m so happy I was able to assist in making your anniversary trip special.

It’s great to hear that all members of The Mirage team delivered exceptional service. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com when you are ready to visit Las Vegas again!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my second trip to the Mirage and it's still a great hotel. Perfect location, right in the middle of the Strip. The room is very spacious and clean and the beds are comfortable. We had a Strip view and got to see the Volcano show every night from the comfort of our room! We had a discounted M Life rate, so I can't complain about the cost, even with their exorbitant resort fee. $25 per night is a lot for free wifi which is the only amenity we used. However, the wifi worked great in the room and was pretty fast. We ate at Cravings for breakfast which I think is the best value at the hotel. We also ate at Carnagie's Deli for breakfast which is overpriced but still tasty. I highly recommend going to the dolphin habitat, the dolphins are so playful and watching the trainers work with them is amazing. I could sit there all day and watch them swim around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just wish all the Las Vegas hotels would go smoke-free. Hate the smoke.
But this hotel was lovely. Great rooms, nice view. Staff was good except concierge area needs more warmth and eagerness to help. Desk staff was great and fast.
Fin- the chinese restaurant was excellent, the Beatles Love with Cirque u Soleil was super.
Carnegie Deli was not so good.
Japonaise bar gave no service...we left.

Room Tip: King room was lovely, ask for a strip view.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights for a "girls' get-away." Large, clean rooms..central location...super easy TV check-out. We had rooms on the edge of the building with the "Strip/Volcano View" and it was amazing! We could see everything all the way down to the south end of the Strip. Will stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends