“2012”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Mirage has a great atmosphere, clean and up to date design. Variety of food on site is great. Staff is happy to assist with any questions/requests you have. Booking in advance in response to emailings from the MLife club provide outstanding value for a resort with great location on the strip. We have been through other resorts' casinos and lobbies and few compare. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced. Will always return here when in Vegas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike K
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed November 6, 2012

What is it about American hotels? They have the largest hotel chains in the world yet the hotels in the US are generally average at best. Service is mediocre, rooms are old and in dire need of refurbishment and yet the tariffs are high.

I recall that hotels in Las Vegas used to offer good value and you just lost your money in the casino's but now it seems they charge for any litlte extra in the rooms as well, such as $25 additional charge if you want them to empty the mini-bar so you can put other things in!

Breakfast was the high point of this hotel though with a vast array of food to suit any palate. The room didn't have any bottled water or coffee/tea making facilities. What's this additional resort charge for anyway? Seems like just an additional tax to me! There's hardly any resemblance to any resort I've seen before?

I was here for a conference and these facilities were good and service and food at the breaks was good.

The fan in the bathroom sounded like a locomotive was rushing through there and had a haridryer that looked as if it was made in the 1950's and was a very low wattage.

The bed was very comfortable and pillows soft yet firm. There was no internet cable in the room so i bought my own but the service was spasmodic and even the wireless dropped off at times.

I've previously stayed in the Treasure Island and that was even less appealing so I guess comparitively, this hotel is better!

Oh yes, one thing i did like was the lifts that went to select floors. I stayed on the 23rd floor and the lift just went to 19th - 23rd floors so there was little waiting and travel time. Not that the extra few seconds in a lift mean much but a little differentiator to an otherwise very average hotel.

Room Tip: My colleague was on the 25th floor in 25-119 and his room was a lot nicer with a more spacious bathr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Mirage Hotel is perfectly located in the center of the Las Vegas Strip. Close to the other casinos for ease of walking to amd from. The rooms are spacious and clean. Houskeeping is excellent and unobtrusive which is hard to find in a large property. The hotel amenities are plentiful. Pool, gym, spa, shopping, casino, shows all within this resort. Other hotels in Vegas may offer more flash or upscale shopping or celebrity chefs, but the Mirage can and does compete. My only complaint, the hallway is NOISY! The doors do not block out hallway noise. I was awakened multiple times nightly by other guests coming in or our and letting their doors slam shut. The use of a pneumatic door hinge or door fram dampeners would improve this problem greatly.

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip view...otherwise you will be looking at the service roads behind the property
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you do not count the whirl wind trip last year of 24 hours, this was my first trip to Las Vegas. I stayed at the Mirage and had a good experience, it was what i expected it to be. really have nothing negative to say about the hotel in general the rooms are very nice, they handle the mass of people very efficiently and moving through the hotel was very easy. The variety of shows offered at the property was very nice and my wife really enjoyed the spa experience as well.
The issue we had was with the service at BB King's, it was very, very slow. We went in just to listen to the music and have a drink and it took 30 minutes to get our drink orders. When we asked about the status of the order we were told by the server that they were very busy and they would get to it as soon as they could. Now i do not think it was the servers fault because it looked as if they only had two servers for the entire bar. Similar situation at the Deli with only tow servers during breakfast so it was very slow and it took over 15 minutes to get my check and i had to finally get up and have one of the hostesses get it for me or i am not sure how long it would take. So again not sure why at night in a bar with live music playing and at a deli at breakfast time would you be short staffed i have no idea. The people who we were with even made a comment that they have been to both places many times and never had this happen before. So i chalk it up to bad timing and just having a bad day on their part which can happen.
Now for the sleep quality and rooms, the rooms were what i expected so that is the reason for the 4 not the 5. As far as the sleep quality i do not like down pillows or any pillow that when i lay my head on it it sinks in so fat that it is like laying my head on the bed with no pillow. Again this is just personal preference but is did affect my sleep quality so that is the reason for the 4 and not the 5.
All of this being said we had a great time, and had no other issues at any of the other establishments in the Mirage. I do plan on returning to Vegas and I would not hesitate to stay at the Mirage again, and when I do I will know to ask for the pillows to be swapped out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I choose this hotel for its location. It proved to be the right choice. It was extremely convenient to everything and everywhere. We came for two nights but Hurricane Sandy forced us to stay for 4 nights and 5 days. The staff, from beginning to end,was more than willing to be helpful and accommodating for anything and everything we needed. The hotel itself is is very very nice with a lovely reception area, atrium, and a beautiful pool. Even the north side valet center where we were picked up for a tour was a nice clean place to wait - much different than some of the other hotels. I know because that tour bus made the rounds to a few other hotels to pick up more people. I would highly recommend the Mirage for anyone visiting Vegas for any purpose. You won't be disappointed. I also highly recommend the buffet for breakfast (didn't eat other meals at the buffet so can't speak from experience).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

What a wonderful stay, everyone was happy and all the people are so friendly, I would recommend this for anyone to get away and relax for a great getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at the Mirage. We have been there before to see a show and gamble but not to stay. We stayed for two nights of our nights during our stay in Vegas and we were absolutely thrilled. What a wonderful hotel. Right from check in to check out we had nothing but respectful interactions with all staff there. Our room was on the 24th floor and the view was incredible. Our room was perfect. We have stayed in many places in vegas over the years and have enjoyed all of our stays. However, this was wonderful. This place is located in the middle of the strip and close to many, many places. The rooms are large and very comfortable. the gaming floor is large. The shows are amazing. We saw Terry Fater and even though we had seen him before, This is an amazing show and worth the money. He is quite an entertainer. The secret garden is a beautiful place to visit and we spent a couple of hours there. We did not see LOVE his time as we had already seen that show last year and it was incredible and very exciting to see then. The pool is large and beautiful and a wonderful place to spend the afternoon. It is also protected for any wind and all you get is an afternoon of hot sun.....sssssooooo nice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and hope to stay there again soon......Thank you

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family