What is it about American hotels? They have the largest hotel chains in the world yet the hotels in the US are generally average at best. Service is mediocre, rooms are old and in dire need of refurbishment and yet the tariffs are high.
I recall that hotels in Las Vegas used to offer good value and you just lost your money in the casino's but now it seems they charge for any litlte extra in the rooms as well, such as $25 additional charge if you want them to empty the mini-bar so you can put other things in!
Breakfast was the high point of this hotel though with a vast array of food to suit any palate. The room didn't have any bottled water or coffee/tea making facilities. What's this additional resort charge for anyway? Seems like just an additional tax to me! There's hardly any resemblance to any resort I've seen before?
I was here for a conference and these facilities were good and service and food at the breaks was good.
The fan in the bathroom sounded like a locomotive was rushing through there and had a haridryer that looked as if it was made in the 1950's and was a very low wattage.
The bed was very comfortable and pillows soft yet firm. There was no internet cable in the room so i bought my own but the service was spasmodic and even the wireless dropped off at times.
I've previously stayed in the Treasure Island and that was even less appealing so I guess comparitively, this hotel is better!
Oh yes, one thing i did like was the lifts that went to select floors. I stayed on the 23rd floor and the lift just went to 19th - 23rd floors so there was little waiting and travel time. Not that the extra few seconds in a lift mean much but a little differentiator to an otherwise very average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas