“The Las Vegas Mirage.”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room we had was very nice. I like the beds having white sheets over the blankets so we didn't have to guess how dirty the bedspread was. All hotels should do this. The bathroom had a few tell tell signs of the age of the building although the bathroom was updated with a marble type countertop. The icemaker on our floor was not working and no plastic bags were provided for the ice bucket. An easy solution was to go to another floor for ice. This was the only downside of staying there which was minor.

A 20 oz soda cost $4.50 so it was a bit of a sticker shock however I was able to walk across the street to the drug store as so many people were doing to buy sodas for less at $2 each. We had the buffet breakfast which has a large selection and an omelet station.

Coming from a state that doesn't allow smoking in public buildings, I was not used to the smoky casinos but I didn't go to gamble. I wanted to see the sights and was able to have a bus pick me up at the hotel to go to the Hoover Dam. Very convenient. I did not order my ticket for the trip from the hotel but went to one of the sight seeing shops and bought my ticket. There are a number of them within walking distance.

I would recommend The Mirage and you can't miss the volcano along the front side that goes off every half hour outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was a long distance from the elevator which was an advantage with having a quieter room. O...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shirley A
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that the icemaker on your floor was not working and that no plastic bags were provided for the ice bucket. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the omelet station at our buffet, Cravings and the Volcano! Please feel free to send your reservation details to me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com, so that I may have the opportunity to have the ice machine on that floor repaired immediately.

Again, we thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My second trip to the Mirage was very nice! We were almost completely comped this time so that's a big plus. Only had to pay a little over $200 for a three day stay! Plus we used points to fly so a very reasonable vacation! The Mirage has everything you need and everyone is VERY nice from the front desk to housekeeping. Our door lock broke and we had to get it fixed right away, and it was done start to finish within 30 minutes of reporting it. My favorite part of the Mirage is the Revolution Lounge!!!! I relaxed in there everyday during happy hour. Saw the Beatles Love show...again! Ate a Japonis...(skip that one) BLT, very good! and obviously the Carnagie Deli was aces for breakfast! We wondered around Vegas for other places to eat, so we didn't just eat at the hotel. The ONLY reason I might not stay there again...which would make me sad, is there is a distinctive smell in the casino that is either coming through the vents or something, but it smells like Carpet Fresh? I was miserable because I started sneezing and couldn't breathe. The air quality was VERY poor, which might be the case in most casinos...we were in Harrah's for a couple hours and it was 100 worse than the Mirage...BUT I had zero issues in Ceasar's?? (i ended up with a bad cold and was terrified of my plane ride back in to DC but I was highly medicated, so I got lucky! All in all it was a wonderful stay, but I might stay in another hotel next trip because of the smell. That was not good. The volcano show was cool. It was too cold...AGAIN, (got shut out last trip too) to hit the pool...ugh. It was freezing out there. My husband works 365 days a year and this is his one and only trip all year, which he totally enjoys. You honestly cannot go wrong at the Mirage!

Room Tip: Make your reservation, if possible, with a casino host and ask then for what kind of room you want...
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here twice now and can't really fault it. Is it the best hotel in Vegas, no I don't think so, but I can't really see what more anyone would need.
Good range of restaurants, all good quality, nice spacious rooms, staff are all polite and professional, nice casino area and a lovely pool area etc etc etc.

Room Tip: Basically just make sure you ask/book for a strip view. It males a huge difference on the overall ex...
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Plenty of good eats, you must hit the carnage deli,man size sandwiches,and desserts for all, all sized to share for the mere mortals

1  Thank Troy M
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is my second stay at the Mirage and it delivered again.

The front desk was super helpful with early check in and they kept the lines moving. Every staff member I came in contact with was very friendly and worked hard to make sure our stay was the best it could be. The conference facilities were nice and the food at the show was great.

The rooms at the Mirage are really spacious, especially for Vegas standards, and everything is updated and very clean. As most other reviewers note, the location is awesome and the views are great if your room is on the strip side. I will likely stay here on my next leisure trip to Vegas.

While there we ate at BLT Burger, California Pizza Kitchen, Stacks and hung out at Rhumbar & Revolution. Service was slow both times at BLT Burger but everywhere else was awesome. Definitely check out the fun, throw-back menu at Stacks if you're there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We are so happy to hear that your second stay was as great as the first! Every member of The Mirage team is highly trained in guest service and it looks like we got it right! Thank you for the kind words about our rooms, restaurant options and spacious conference area. It’s great to hear that our highly qualified staff made your stay special! I would be happy to assist you with your next visit as a thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my first trip to LV and perhaps my expectations were set too high however the room at the Mirage was only average. You cannot beat the location! and both shows we wanted to see where in this hotel which made it super convenient. Our room overlooked the strip...and the volcano! The volcano is quite loud and the show starts @ 7A which made it unecessary for us to set our alarm clock! The real disappointment for me was the mildew/moldy shower...along the edge of the tub but even more so on the ceiling. The common areas of the hotel are very nice and the atrium/lobby is beautiful.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CandiceCordery, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with us. I must say I agree with you, both our atrium and our lobby are quite beautiful! We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your reservation so we can send our maintenance staff in to fix the problems you mentioned immediately.

Please feel free to send your reservation details to me directly at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Again, we thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Came here for a friends wedding check in was chaotic and very noisy. Being a person with severe hearing deficiency I was unable to hear anything the check in attendant was saying and had I been here on my own it would have been a nightmare
This is Vegas so it's never going to be quite and relaxing but the staff were not very helpfull or cheery. And the WiFi is poor. Pretty much all of had trouble connecting and server was very slow.
Only a fool doesn't know that Vegas is all about relieving you of your money but hey come on for the money we pay to stay here, no coffee in your room at all. I like lots of people love my regular fix of coffee. Damn annoying to have to talk the long walk across the hotel to pay a rip off price for one.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple