“I'll think twice...”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have been a loyal Mirage guest for years. When having to go out to Las Vegas this past week on business, I naturally chose this property for cost and convenience. I am now home and waking up from the nightmare. I don't know if it was the time of year or what, but this property needs work. I've never seen as many hookers (obvious) as I did at the hotel this trip. Add to that the loud party and vomiting girl in the hallway, and the slamming doors and shouting all night, and I'm seriously considering canceling an October reservation. I will say that the front desk was responsive to my complaint, after the fact, but last night was an absolute nightmare. I did not even attempt to leave my room after 10 pm due to the ruckus in the hallway. It seems like Mirage is going the way of Ti, which is sad.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Marlene C
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I am really sorry that your last visit with us has got you thinking about cancelling your October reservation. After reading your review, it sounds like it was a challenge to enjoy the hotel and its amenities. Of of all of the feedback you shared, I am at least proud that our Front Desk was responsive to your concerns. I will continue to hope that you visit again in October, and beyond, but in the mean time I wanted to thank you for the candid feedback you shared. It gives me and The Mirage Team to look at our business and make enhancements where necessary to ensure the greatest hotel experience in Las Vegas!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here for three nights with classmates in mid-April on a much-needed vacation. Upon arrival, we found two of our rooms were upgraded at no cost to suites, and these were absolutely stunning. The suites had a king bed with built-in retractable TV, a bathroom with soaker tub and oversized vanity bigger than my apartment, and a full living area with lounge and kitchenette. There were welcome letters from the hotel manager and free food provided. What a way to start our trip!

The rest of the group who stayed in regular rooms were certainly in good shape as well. The rooms were decorated in a modern style, which though somewhat dark was appealing to look at. The bathrooms were comfortable and the showers had great water pressure. All our rooms were clean and provided nice views of the famous Strip, which surprisingly did not give off much noise. Someone did a good job of soundproofing!

The casino area was nothing special - very similar to what other hotels down the Strip are offering, though this isn't a bad thing. There were several restaurants available, but the focus on service is consistent; upon being given poor service, the maitre'd discounted the bill as an apology immediately without question. This was consistent throughout the hotel - we never saw anyone grumpy or otherwise unhelpful. I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip view room on a higher floor for the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here in June for a conference. Unlike the Bellagio, there is no separate tower of hotel rooms for the conference center. This isn't too much of a problem because the walk to the conference center from the rooms is not bad; however, expect a lot of noise from people partying. It doesn't help that the walls in the rooms are rather thin, so you can here what is going on in neighboring rooms and the hall. On the other hand, the rooms are updated and modern (although the carpet is starting to show signs of wear) and clean. The only real downside of the room (other than the noise) is that smoke permeates the entire hotel, even the "non-smoking" rooms.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms in the xx090 series face northwest, so the view is not really great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had spent quite a bit of time researching where to stay for our 8 days in Las Vegas before deciding on The Mirage but I would choose it again in a flash. It had everything: restaurants (loved the buffet restaurant, Carnegie Grill had such large portions and delicious food, BB King's had good breakfasts), shows (The Beatles: Love and Terry Fator have received rave reviews), Siegfried & Roy`s Secret Garden (the white tigers, Timbvati Lions, etc plus dolphin enclosure are fascinating) and lovely decor. Especially loved room service...not cheap but soooo good and lots of food for the money plus convenient.
As suggested in TripAdvisor, I requested a room upgrade during check-in. Because it was Presidents' Day weekend; however, they said they couldn't make a change at that time but would put my request in the computer and for me to call next morning. I did and they moved us (for NO CHARGE) from the 6th to 14th floor (Rm 14080) where we had an excellent view of the strip both north and south plus watched the volcano erupt every night--couldn't have asked for better!!!!!!!!!
The room itself was clean, comfortable, modern, and met all of our needs. Nice decor and the BEST hotel bed I have ever slept in.
Be prepared to walk a lot...from the room, down the hall, through the lobby, out onto the street.
The positioning on the strip was fabulous! it was right in the centre of all of the action.
Did not use the pool but was told that the smaller one was open (even in February).
I would not hesitate to stay here again. It felt like home for that whole week.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MomDtr
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I just landed back in Los Angeles today! Stayed at the Mirage for 5 glorious days and can't wait til next summer to go again! My room was on the 17th floor and I had a pool view! It was clean and the bed was one of the best I'd slept on! The only thing that I complain about is the bathroom. It is soooo small but it was clean and very modern! The staff is always very accomodating and polite! The pool is the main reason I come back to the mirage every year! Itis shaded and it goes on and on forever! The poolside drinks are deliciious! If you are going to Vegas for the first time or just wanting to stay somewhere different, go to the Mirage!! LOV IT!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! They can only say no. The regular rooms are just as good but you should always a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Tracey P
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Mirage is my go to Vegas hotel. It is not the best hotel in Vegas, but it is very good and you can find great rates. Many rooms have a great view of the strip.

This is my favorite casino in Vegas and also has my favorite sports book. The casino is large with many tables and machines to choose from. I love the California Pizza kitchen and is well located to grab something quickly. The Deli has amazing cheesecake from New York to satisfy your sweet tooth.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. If you want a great value, stay at the Mirage.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hogsraz
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Mirage for 2 nights to attend a conference. In general this is a nice, clean hotel. I was on the 8th floor with a view of the atrium. The atrium is fun to look at, but the roof around it is ugly.

The in-room wifi was included in the resort fee, but I had trouble maintaining a consistent connection. I encountered the same problem using multiple devices and in a room other than mine (tested in a co-worker's room).

I made 2 (less than 5 seconds in length) phone calls from the hotel to test my office voicemail. I was charged $12 for each call, and the front desk would not reverse the charges. This is absolutely ridiculous in the year 2012 with the state of technology, especially for making phone calls.

The room was very clean and fixtures high-class, with the exception of the shower head (not enough pressure, no way to adjust), and the bed (lumpy, pillows not comfortable either). The A/C functioned well during the day and in the evening, but could not seem to keep up over night. It seemed to shut itself down, even with the temperature set to 66, 67, 68 and the room temperature clearly not that low.

The noise level from the street was distracting (volcano show) if trying to go to bed before midnight. This may not be a problem for rooms on higher floors or rooms that do not face the volcano.

The conference center was clean and as-expected. The hotel catered food for the conference was better than expected, especially the breakfast sandwiches and coffee.

Overall the Mirage is a nice, clean hotel in a fairly good location. The Beatles show is great. The conference center is good. I give an average rating for the A/C, bed, noise level, and shower head.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor (15+) and one that does not face the volcano.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike R
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thanks for the great feedback about your experience with us. We are certainly aware of the issues with Wi-Fi in some parts of the hotel and are addressing it. There will be significant enhancements in the coming year. As for everything else you shared, I have sent your comments to my leadership team to ensure we are providing the best experience to the best guests in the world! I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations on your last visit and I hope that we get another chance to exceed those expectations in the future. If not, thank you for providing the feedback so that we may in turn improve the experience for future Mirage guests.