“The Mirage”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Mirage and were very happy with this resort. The check in was fairly quick even though they were very busy when we arrived. They could improve the fairness of the check in with a take a number system or something because sometimes you are going to be waiting longer than someone who hit a better line and will get served first even though you have been waiting longer. The staff was always very professional and helpful. Don't forget that you will be charged an extra 25.00 per day fee when you arrive. The room we had was quite nice. Very clean and quiet. I do recommend ear plugs for the nights when certain guests arrive back at their rooms early in the morning quite load and drunk. The one complaint I would have there is that our room did not have a vanity in the bathroom, which is most annoying if you like to have a place to put all of your essentials down somewhere. I am sure that the more expensive rooms would accommodate this problem. I felt that this resort had pretty well everything you could need to have a great holiday. We tried two restaurants within the resort. The BLT Burger had great shakes, fries, deep-fried pickles and a wonderful blue cheese burger. The best!! Also the Claifornia Pizza Kitchen had great food and we became addicted to their Key-Lime Pie. There was a Denny's restaurant just across the way from the Mirage, as well as a Walgreen's and an Outback Steakhouse restaurant for a change of pace. We actually had nearly all of our breakfasts at Denny's Restaurant and then splurged on our dinner! Also a little note just to say make sure you obtain your bus passes for the strip immediately and save your feet!!! Also be sure to check your phone messages right away. That is how you receive your discounts on some of the hotel shows, etc... We did see the Phantom of the Opera and the Beatles Love show and we felt they were both excellent shows!! Had we known that our discounts would be found through our phone messages we could have had a discount to the Beatles show.

Room Tip: Our room was spacious enough and quiet, but lacked a counter in the bathroom to put your essentials...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy D
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was beautiful... there were so many places to eat and shop ...as well as clubs and bars. One of the best hotels to stay at in Vegas.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Mirage in August 2011 for 4 or 5 nights. The room was pretty good except there was this soiled runner at the edge of the bed. We removed it every day and housekeeping kept putting it back till we left a note that it was dirty. Otherwise it was clean. Lots of shops in the hotel and right across the street at the Venetian. We saw the volcano show which was impressive. We also saw the Beetles show Love right in the mirage. We had a great time and I'd definitely stay here again although I might try staying at the other end of the strip next time. My mom and I loved the $1 frozen margaritas at the casino next to Denny's and we took the trip to the Grand Canyon which was breathtaking! All around great trip.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I came here a second time in June for a getaway and was definitely not disappointed! They upgraded me to a 1 bedroom/King Suite overlooking the pool for the cost of a junior suite.The room was spotless, the room service was incredible. Never cheap but so worth it! Breakfast would've served 2-3 people. Being a MGM "M Life" member got me to priority check-in which was a snap. I had a great time - maybe too great - and left one of my bags of souveniers by a slot machine at 2am. The hotel staff that was working the area I was in noticed it, picked it up and held it for me. They were awesome in every way! I'm not a high-roller or VIP but it's nice to be treated that way on vacation. The hotel also smells great - not like smoke - which is a big plus too.

Room Tip: Always ask if they have any upgrades available. For a $20 extra cost I got the penthouse level suite...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jennablon1
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Mirage for our 50th Birthday celebrations. We had requested a strip view room and were given one at no extra charge with a bottle of bubbly on arrival which was a nice touch. The bedroom was an interconnecting bedroom which wasn't a problem for the first couple of nights (we stayed for 5) but we then got the "neighbour from hell" banging and screaming all over the corridor and in her room until security were called to calm her down. This did put a dampner on our holiday as we requested to be moved and had to pack/unpack all over again!

Postives:

Clean and adequate room/bathroom with nice toiletries and comfortable bed. Bathroom a bit on the small size.
Pleasant helpful staff throughout.
Right in the centre of the strip which was great for us.
We ate in BLT Burger and Cravings and both were positive experiences for us. We only had breakfast in Cravings but the choice was outstanding and good value for money.
Dolphins on your doorstep....amazing!

We didn't really have any negative experiences at the Mirage, (other than the neighbour from hell) we loved it and would certainly use it again on our next trip to Vegas...hopefully very soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueandMark61
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Passing through Vegas on a 3 night business trip I chose Mirage on the basis of reputation 10 years ago. Arriving at 10 p.m. after a long flight I was 'greeted' by a mechanical check-in clerk and found myself questioning the 'deluxe' tag on my room : tidy but dated and not particularly large. The beautifully situated pool experience was spoilt by sardine-like arrangement of sun loungers.
On the positive side, location is wonderful, with easy walking access to the main strip destinations. Bars and delis also excellent, with Carnegie and BB Blues Bar standing out.
Will take the time to shop around next trip

Room Tip: Insist on Strip-side room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Mirage is a lovely looking place, inside and out- the atrium, the flowers, the massive aquarium in the lobby, the Secret Garden, the pool...all of these are great. The service is good- when I rung from the room several times with various enquiries, they were polite and efficient, and the general staff, from the desk to the cleaners, were friendly. The staff in the Business Centre were superb, nothing was too much trouble and they were very kind about giving us a private suite in which to do our emails for the same rate as the counter top PCs. The hotel does have a pervasive cigarette smell; despite being on the non-smoking floor our clothes still had the smell in them and it was very noticeable throughout. You do get the free Wi-Fi and "Cardio centre" use- we didn't take a laptop with us, so this was irrelevant, but the Cardio centre was pretty average, just some bikes and treadmills, hardly an incentive to use it. We steered well clear of the mini-bar as we were told in no uncertain terms that as soon as the door was opened it would activate the charge, same for the wildly priced chips, cookies and candy that was on top- as soon as they are touched, they are activated- we rang reception and clarified that we had only touched, not consumed, and they reset the room charge, but be careful with this.I liked how the fridge had a sleep setting, this was really needed as it emitted a loud persistent noise otherwise, but when I rang, housekeeping came up to show me how to neutralise it- it would have been unbearable otherwise. The rooms are not well -lit- we had a deluxe, which was fine,small but functional bathroom, 2 queen beds, but it was hard at night to read by the bedside lights as they were very weak.
The place has decent restaurants and the pool is lovely; the corridors can be very noisy late at night but this is the same for most resorts- overall the Mirage is nice but if I return to Vegas, I will probably go the Venetian or similar. Check in and out are very time consuming and need to be better organised here- queues snake along the desks and it's a free for all once one queue is stalled- overall, the Mirage is very good, but could be better.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view of the Volcano!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family