The Mirage Hotel & Casino
$153
$127
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$160
$121
SignatureMGMGrand
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$89
$159
Hotels.com
$22
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Pool
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$99
$81
19,127 results
All reviewscarnegie deliblt burgercravings buffetcalifornia pizza kitchenthe secret gardenbeatles love showdolphin habitatterry fatorresort feeother hotelsm lifetreasure islandtower suitegreat location on the stripmini barstrip viewgreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Enjoyed the Mirage. We checked in early, about noon and had no problems getting into our room. Room was nicely updated with pretty bath. Loved the pool area, went early in the day about 10 a.m., plenty of seating available in the shade. Did not win any money in their casino however...boo, hoo !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Excellent hotel.
Great location.
10 minutes from airport...shuttle run is more than orderly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dominiquejams
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The mirage is the only place to stay. Give it a go you will love it

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Stormpanther
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed at the Mirage. Got 3 free comp nights through the players' club, which is fairly generous considering we're just Sapphire (the lowest level) penny slot gamblers. Check in was no problem on a weekday afternoon. There is no line queue, but it was easy enough anyway, not the chaos that you find at the Bellagio check-in. Requested a room facing the volcano but they didn't have one clean. We took a mountain view room rather than wait, and had a nice vista from the 23rd floor, facing Wynn and Stratosphere.

It's my understanding that the hotel rooms were recently refurbished, and they did a nice job. Flat screen tv, tasteful decor and bedding, bathroom was okay but smaller than the palatial ones that you'll find at newer resorts (Wynn, Venetian, etc). I would not put Mirage in their class anyway, but it is a step up from the 'mid-range' of Vegas properties (Monte Carlo, MGM Grand, etc).

The Mirage folks do like to charge like the high-end resorts though, one of my few complaints. There is the MGM-Mirage co's $20 a day resort fee, although we were thankfully exempt from that with our comp offer. Also, the in-room wifi did not work; it is supposedly justified as part of said resort fee. I called "High Speed Tech Support" twice to have it fixed, and once down to the front desk. No go. Guess I can't complain since I wasn't hit with the $20 a day fee (the wifi is about the only tangible benefit to this cost), and I just logged on using my slower 3G connection.

Also, the restaurants there are priced up in the "premium" range. $18 egg n' bacon breakfast, anyone? I don't complain about rates like this if staying at the Four Seasons, but the Four Seasons this ain't. I just like to warn people that a low rate is not the only thing to consider when there are other co$ts like resort fees and $18 eggs.

Those little issues aside, the hotel is fine, the location is good on the 'quiet' side of the strip (just cross over to where Harrah's is if you want the full taste of Las Vegas humanity), and the staff is friendly. I would cheerfully stay here again for free even though the slots were tighter than a -- I don't know, pick a metaphor. They were tight. If I was to pay full price and all other things equal, I'd stay over at Planet Hollywood which I consider to be the same caliber property. Or if the prices were around the same, the Wynn/Venetian/Bellagio class of hotels are more upscale.

Room Tip: Volcano-view rooms are better, albeit a little noisier during the hourly shows.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MalteseFalcon
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The room was nice and clean, but the staff was "unable" to give us the room we requested months in advance. We had asked for two queens and were given a king. Once I went up the ranks and asked for the manager a queen room "magically" opened up for us. The amenities of the hotel were okay and the restaurants were pretty good. However, they slapped on a huge fee per day on top of what we booked for without informing us for "amenities" that we didn't even use (we also had not been informed of them). The positives of this hotel was the location and the pools. It was nice, but there are better choices! And, be aware of all the extra charges!!! PS- Check out "Love"!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends