“The Best !! Wouldn't stay anywhere else !”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #98 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We go to Vegas 4 - 5 times per year and always stay at the Tropicana. It has recently been remodeled and is still in the process but the rooms have been done and are absolutely beautiful !! The restaurants are all excellent. We absolutely love the Trop because it is one of the smaller casinos - easy to get around.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Thank you for your review. We value your loyalty and your feedback. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 29, 2010

We have just returned from 9 nights at the Tropicana. It is our 2nd time to Vegas and decided to stay further down the strip this time. We booked into the new paradise tower room, however when we arrived, the lady on reception upgraded us to a mini suite in the island tower as we were staying quite a while, this was a nice surprise. As days went along, this was not a "one-off" all the Tropicana staff we encountered without question were friendly, helpful and had a "nothing is too much trouble attitude."

Our room was large, clean and bright. We had an amazing view of the strip, and could see the mountains in the distance. The only slight issue, was our room was situated next to a staff entrance/cupboard, and some mornings I was woken up by banging about, however this is such a small issue.

The casino is quite small, we didn't play much there, as we prefered other casino's. However when we did play there, we didnt wait long for a drink, and again the staff were extremely friendly. We ate in the South Beach Cafe one night, this was really nice, just what we needed after a busy day at the Grand Canyon.

The pool is fantastic, once the new area opens next year, it will be amazing. We had a few mornings at the pool, it never felt crowded or especially noisy. Excellent waitress service for drinks, or a decent bar if you could be bothered to get off your bum!!

Didnt seem to matter what time of day or night we left or entered the hotel, there was always a smiling doorman to open the door for you, this was a lovely touch.

We had a late flight on our last day, we checked out, and the bag service looked after our bags until we were due to leave around 8pm, this meant we had all day on the strip without having to worry about dragging our bags around, or sitting around the airport waiting for our flight. When the shuttle bus was late picking us up, one of the doormen offered to call for us, again service with a smile.

In summary, excellent service, lovely clean bright hotel and good location for the South end of the strip, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I appreciate the time you took to offer your feedback. I am so glad our service was able to exceed your expectations. We do pride ourselves on our ability to offer only the best service. On your next visit, I would love to personally show off the new pool to you. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Tropicana. The updated look is great. The casino is on the small side compared to others on the '4 corners' but the dealers were very friendly. My group had 2 rooms, 1 with 2 queens and a strip view and 1 with a king bed a view of the airport. Both rooms were on the 4th floor of the Island Tower. The rooms were clean and quite which made for a good nights sleep. There is still some construction going on around the property but it's not very noticeable. We ate at the 24hr restaurant and the food hit the spot after a late night of partying. The price was the same as most of the restaurants in Vegas.

For the price, this is one of the best deals on the strip. I would recommend this hotel, and will stay here again soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and enjoyed your meal at South Beach Café and Deli as well. One of the best things about the Island Tower are the views! You can have either a strip/pool view or an airport/strip/city view.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Very helpful, friendly and professional staff at front desk, bell desk and beyond. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make my stay memorable. The room was clean and well appointed. The furnishings looked like new and were very comfortable. For a Vegas strip hotel the noise level was low, and the comfort level was high. The amenities - pool, bar, Biscayne Steak and Bacio Pasta were excellent. The casino gaming area was clean and comfortable as well. I had heard negative comments about the "Trop", but I was extremely happy with my room and would HIGHLY recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that our bell and front desk staff was able to exceed your expectations. As you experienced, “We Are Changing Everything”. I appreciate you giving us a chance to win you over, even after reading some not so wonderful reviews on the “old us”. I look forward to personally assisting you with your next stay. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 28, 2010

As part of the Trop room remodeling a "romenesque" setee was put in. The settee is absolutly worthless. Install a coffee and a second chair. I realize the company wants guests in the casino not in their rooms, but some balance has to be struck.
Supply spreadable butter in the restaraunts; try spreading rock-hard butter on rools, pancakes, or any food for that matter.
I realize things are in flux right now, but temperatures in the casino were absolutly horrible. In some areas one could nt enjoy a machine for long before teeth were chattering and hands were cold.
A verity of restaraunts wouldn't hurt either.
Again, the staff was fantastic and, as usual, very helpful. Very pleasant chatting with them.
Thanks for an almost great stay (temperature the drawback).
Jim Cole, room 918. vegasnut1@verizon.net

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We have been loyal guests at Tropicana because the pool is the best. Now with the renovations, the rooms are fantastic and the service was the best yet! We have stayed at other hotels on the strip, but we always come back to the Tropicana because they make us feel like guests and not tourists. If you have any doubts please don't, this place is awesome. Our friends that have never been to the Tropicana loved this place and told us they will come back and recommend to their friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer fantastic service and I am glad we showed you this on your stay. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at the Tropicana a over the weekend to relax before attending a huge convention across the street at the Mandalay Bay.
I reserved, and got, a "Best in Class" room in the Paradise Tower - it is the one with the Bamboo furniture and chaise lounge that is featured in their current ads. Got a great rate on getaroom.com.
I was able to check in upon arrival before noon and the desk agent was knowlegable, friendly and efficient.
Did not use the casino, so I cannot comment. it is smaller and brighter than most, and they do pipe in nice smells. Pool area was nice, but I agree, it will be better, post renovation. It got crowded in the afternoons, but people came and went so you could always find a chair. This is the source of my only complaint - un-related to the hotel itself - but I was grossed out by cigarette and cigar smoke out there - I moved several times to get away from the cigarettes, but one guy puffing on cigars stunk up the entire area one day.
Everyone I met on staff was friendly and helpful - even got an extra hour before checkout on Sunday (ask nicely...)
Last but not least, as I told everyone I saw at the Conference, my Trop room was WAY nicer than the Mandalay Bay room, and over $125 cheaper.
HINT - if you are attending anything at Mandalay Bay - stay here - 10 minute (free) tram ride away

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am happy that our Front FDesk agent was able to assist you with an early check in and that we seemed to exceed your expectations. I would love to personally assist you with your next stay. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com